Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’re shit out of options so this bale at 10 I could see happening tbh

It looks to me like Maureen is going through the motions now until getting the golden handshake

Bale’s cameo showed he’s still got a bit if class and quick feet. Can he be arsed to make an effort now for the run-in? We need him. A half decent Bale could be a huge boost for us. We have three games to get a system with Kane, Son and Bale purring before we face Woolwich Wanderers. Surely worth a go.

Bale’s cameo showed he’s still got a bit if class and quick feet. Can he be arsed to make an effort now for the run-in? We need him. A half decent Bale could be a huge boost for us. We have three games to get a system with Kane, Son and Bale purring before we face Woolwich Wanderers. Surely worth a go.
totally agree, he run and dribble past 3 of them shows he still has it, hell we need him or something right now, almost at the point of beyond redemption without a massive clean out.

We’re shit out of options so this bale at 10 I could see happening tbh

It looks to me like Maureen is going through the motions now until getting the golden handshake
Other teams have sussed that the trick is to mark Kane and Son. Having another player who’s some kind of forward threat would really help.

Even when old-man-Bale collected the ball on the LW halfway at one point, City swamped him - his reputation scares defenders and that will free up space for the other two.

However, he has to play and there’s the caveat that he’s not really the athlete he once was. So...

Other teams have sussed that the trick is to mark Kane and Son. Having another player who’s some kind of forward threat would really help.

Even when old-man-Bale collected the ball on the LW halfway at one point, City swamped him - his reputation scares defenders and that will free up space for the other two.

However, he has to play and there’s the caveat that he’s not really the athlete he once was. So...

perhaps the spotlight being shone on him this week might kick him up the arse. There’s no doubt that ability wise he still has something to offer.

it’s just whether the application is there for me

I just see a guy that has lost interest in football, yes he will train but not putting nowhere near enough effort
think it is just the money (RM contract) that keeps him turning up, that is sad as he could still be a good player

What a bizarre set of posts responding to a player shooting it straight at the oppo 'keeper.

reguilon-cricket.jpg

What a bizarre set of posts responding to a player shooting it straight at the oppo 'keeper.

reguilon-cricket.jpg
But the style he did it with mate, come on now.
Fucking laughable, don't play him wide as he can't run anymore so lets play him centrally where he doesn't have to run much.
Just about any other player would have been slaughtered for what he's served up but it's just not his fault it seems.
People think he's shown enough to play in a position he's never played before, beats me.

Fucking laughable, don't play him wide as he can't run anymore so lets play him centrally where he doesn't have to run much.
Just about any other player would have been slaughtered for what he's served up but it's just not his fault it seems.
People think he's shown enough to play in a position he's never played before, beats me.
Its a text book case of cognitive dissonance. They literally refuse to acknowledge what they have seen. The blokes clapped out done and not even bothered about spoiling his legacy.

When his competition at this point is Lamela and Moura, I don't see why we don't consider it at least.

He certainly hasn't shown much but he has clearly been better than those two duds. When GLC is back then no need for him to play as GLC would be the better option obviously.

When his competition at this point is Lamela and Moura, I don't see why we don't consider it at least.

He certainly hasn't shown much but he has clearly been better than those two duds. When GLC is back then no need for him to play as GLC would be the better option obviously.
I get your point but it just smacks of desperation. He's done nothing to deserve shifting him into different positions. I'm no Bale fan so maybe i find it difficult to give a totally unbiased opinion on him.

I get your point but it just smacks of desperation. He's done nothing to deserve shifting him into different positions. I'm no Bale fan so maybe i find it difficult to give a totally unbiased opinion on him.

I am a Bale fan, so I likely am giving him more of the benefit of the doubt and credit for what he has shown in the past versus what he has shown now.

I also think Lamela and Moura are pretty terrible so wanting to see Bale in a CAM role has as much to do with us having no other good options with GLC out as it does with thinking he would be great there. I don't think it is likely to work out but with his football ability, even if at this point physically he is very limited could offer more than what we have seen from the other options.

I am a Bale fan, so I likely am giving him more of the benefit of the doubt and credit for what he has shown in the past versus what he has shown now.

I also think Lamela and Moura are pretty terrible so wanting to see Bale in a CAM role has as much to do with us having no other good options with GLC out as it does with thinking he would be great there. I don't think it is likely to work out but with his football ability, even if at this point physically he is very limited could offer more than what we have seen from the other options.
At least we're admitting to approaching it from different angles. Just my thinking but i would rather a player of lesser ability that puts a decent shift in than a higher calibre player putting in a conservative performance or playing within himself because he doesn't trust his body anymore or has his eye on an International tournament.
If he's tried there then i hope it works, it gives me no satisfaction seeing him fail.

At least we're admitting to approaching it from different angles. Just my thinking but i would rather a player of lesser ability that puts a decent shift in than a higher calibre player putting in a conservative performance or playing within himself because he doesn't trust his body anymore or has his eye on an International tournament.
If he's tried there then i hope it works, it gives me no satisfaction seeing him fail.

Honestly I want GLC there and an new player to either play there or back up GLC.

I don't think it is a great fit for Bale, just trying to find a place for him and someone to add some attack to our team. I admit it is a wish more than something I think it likely to work out.

Back
Top Bottom