Gary Neville, Valencia manager...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

it's just for until the end of the season isn't it? Maybe he will fill in until they find someone with more experience.
Mensa was saying, it's strange that Lim has a 50% stake in Butt, Scholes, Giggs and the brothers Salford city FC a few months after he acquired Valencia.
He then appoints Phil as coach, Nuno resigns, and then he gets Gary in.

I like Neville, even when he was critical of us it was constructive and fair. He surprised me as a pundit and it will be sad to see him go as he is the only one who is any cop.
How he expects to fit in his England job around this if he takes the job on after this season is another matter. Could he do both?

Wish him well.

Only decent pundit in England, usually watch the english streams because he's so much more insightful than other pundits. Hope he does well in Spain, he seems a very intelligent guy

Gary Neville seems to be the type of bloke that doesn't pretend that he knows it all when it comes to coaching. There are so many managers/coaches in professional football that are arrogant dickheads who have a 'my way or the highway' attitude. Neville doesn't strike me as that sort of bloke and I reckon he'll work his little cotton socks off to make a success of this opportunity.

Good luck to him.

I can't believe we've still got to put up with Carragher's shit though. Can Neville not take him with him to clean boots?

:sherwoodlol:

Unlike alot of ex players he seems to have actually been very studious and made great effort to understand the modern game and coaching techniques.

I for one would love to see an English manager go abroad and do well, could do wonders for other English managers who follow in his footsteps.
Errr Moyes...McClaren...Steve Kean*!?

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT

*In case you aren't up to date on world football, Steve Kean recently wrapped up the Brunei Championship. So stick that up your arse.

Good, hopefully he'll take that odious Prick Jamie Carragher with him allowing someone who can speak English to host Monday night Football.
By good do you mean you're glad Neville is no longer with Sky?

Errr Moyes...McClaren...Steve Kean*!?

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT

*In case you aren't up to date on world football, Steve Kean recently wrapped up the Brunei Championship. So stick that up your arse.

By good do you mean you're glad Neville is no longer with Sky?

Yes exactly that.. At first I thought he was OK but he became full of his own importance..

Saying that, who they'll bring in to replace him is worrying, no doubt it will be ANOTHER washed up Gooner.

Yes exactly that.. At first I thought he was OK but he became full of his own importance..

Saying that, who they'll bring in to replace him is worrying, no doubt it will be ANOTHER washed up Gooner.
Wow. You're the first person I've seen that doesn't like him. I thought his punditry was superb. Better than probably anyone else I've seen. Knowledgeable, unbiased, in-depth analysis.

For me it's the death of MNF football, or watching any build-up or aftermath of Sky football whatsoever.

Wow. You're the first person I've seen that doesn't like him. I thought his punditry was superb. Better than probably anyone else I've seen. Knowledgeable, unbiased, in-depth analysis.

For me it's the death of MNF football, or watching any build-up or aftermath of Sky football whatsoever.

Yeah, I like his punditry too but MNF is a rare event these days and I've given up on listening to any pundits long ago, I used to never miss Soccer Saturday...now I can't fucking stand it.

Yeah, I like his punditry too but MNF is a rare event these days and I've given up on listening to any pundits long ago, I used to never miss Soccer Saturday...now I can't fucking stand it.
8 Monday night games after 14 game weeks isn't bad, when you take the number of International breaks into account.

Agree on Soccer Saturday. What a fucking shambles that is now. Even Stelling has lowered himself to the likes of Merson, Nicholas, Thompson, Le Tissier etc.

Gary Neville the player always came across as an odious little prick. Was it not in that Jaap Stam book that he referred to the Neville brothers as 'busy little c**ts'?

My opinion of him has changed though since his time on Sky, he seem to come across as fairly knowledgeable, unbiased and a decent chap. He doesn't roll out the same tired ex-footballer turned pundit clichés, he is actually very astute and analytical. His reputation from being an excellent pundit has proceeded him. I for one hope he makes a success of his time at the Mestalla. It can only be a good thing for English football if he comes back a decent coach. Not enough of our players/coaches seem up to the task of immersing themselves in a different football culture.

Fair play how many other would be coaches wouldn't jump at the chance of managing a club like Valencia? Perhaps he was lucky being in their with Peter Lim. Couldn't see the likes of Dim, Pards, Big Sam, Hughes or Bruce getting a big name foreign opportunity like that.

I started out thinking he was good but he became big headed in my opinion..
I think The fact that he had to work with Carragher was his down fall, maybe Carragher was bringing him down?
But saying that, I hate anyone and everyone who isn't connected to Spurs so it's not surprising I went off him..
The amount of Ex goons on sky makes me so pissed off I guess I take it out on sky in general..

Was listening to 5 Live on my way to work today and they brought up his recent article on Poch and how he would model himself after Papa Poch. They made correlations between our way that we play vs. the United during Neville's playing days and how Poch came to a country to coach not knowing the language just like him.

All very interesting and more praise for our manager.

Was listening to 5 Live on my way to work today and they brought up his recent article on Poch and how he would model himself after Papa Poch. They made correlations between our way that we play vs. the United during Neville's playing days and how Poch came to a country to coach not knowing the language just like him.

All very interesting and more praise for our manager.

Tbf it's not hard to pick up Spanish

It was always going to be a tough move for Neville and it's still shocking to this day that he was appointed. I think Benitez will be back their in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom