Gary 'the ears' Lineker is a prick - discuss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gary Lineker a massive fartfaced prick

• Yes

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Super Yes

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • Bigger yes than his ears

Votes: 55 47.4%
  • No, I love the gooners

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters

Ed's council house

belgium love romance chocolate GIF by Hallmark Channel

Really, your not very well travelled are you. Have you ever seen real poverty or only that relative poverty thing in the UK.....

I believe the UN's latest figure for extreme (as in really real) poverty is 682m. id bet you the vast majority would love to come here or America or Europe in general, but that is just the extreme bracket. While the world is significantly better off compared to even just 30 years ago, there are still so many people who given the chance would become economic migrants. I've worked all over the world because it pays better in my profession - that makes me one..... Maybe that's why I bother to understand the reality rather than just read drivel in the guardian.
People on this forum are so confidently ignorant. They must live in echo chambers even outside of internet forums.

I'm a Bangaldeshi immigrant, I spent my early childhood there, and have been back a few times. I guarantee you that nearly every one of the 170m people would come here if given the opportunity. My family gets constant subtle and not so subtle hints about how we should bring others over. Jealousy from family back home is a real thing for British-Bangladeshis.

Not only do they have the impression that the UK is rich, but they often believe British people are super duper smart, the streets are basically paved with gold and there's no such thing as crime or poverty. Many people who come here to work as taxi drivers, cooks etc. embellish the wealth and success they had here for obvious reasons.

Just between India, Bangladesh and Pakistan you can find close to a billion willing to move here.

I befriended a Syrian refugee at Uni, and the only reason the rest of his family wasn't here is because they couldn't all get residence, so he sometimes has to visit an EU country to see some of them. There are a LOT of people who would come here if given the chance.

Tories, and the English racist majority in general, seek to dehumanise those who seek asylum. Objectively it's fair to point out that the Nazis were able to do what they did because they dehumanised Jews, gays, disabled people etc. It is an effective and insightful analogue to use; showing a good command of history.

By opposing Tory racism, Lineker is at once on the right side of history and an anomaly in racist England.

Tories, and the English racist majority in general, seek to dehumanise those who seek asylum. Objectively it's fair to point out that the Nazis were able to do what they did because they dehumanised Jews, gays, disabled people etc. It is an effective and insightful analogue to use; showing a good command of history.

By opposing Tory racism, Lineker is at once on the right side of history and an anomaly in racist England.

What about those English geezers from Milton Keynes that pretend they're Scottish.

What a set of twat's hahaha

Last edited:
People on this forum are so confidently ignorant. They must live in echo chambers even outside of internet forums.

I'm a Bangaldeshi immigrant, I spent my early childhood there, and have been back a few times. I guarantee you that nearly every one of the 170m people would come here if given the opportunity. My family gets constant subtle and not so subtle hints about how we should bring others over. Jealousy from family back home is a real thing for British-Bangladeshis.

Not only do they have the impression that the UK is rich, but they often believe British people are super duper smart, the streets are basically paved with gold and there's no such thing as crime or poverty. Many people who come here to work as taxi drivers, cooks etc. embellish the wealth and success they had here for obvious reasons.

Just between India, Bangladesh and Pakistan you can find close to a billion willing to move here.

I befriended a Syrian refugee at Uni, and the only reason the rest of his family wasn't here is because they couldn't all get residence, so he sometimes has to visit an EU country to see some of them. There are a LOT of people who would come here if given the chance.
I think you have both made valid points TBF . My billions comment initially was defensive against Braverman‘s rhetoric trying to stir up immigrant hatred by trying to keep the invasion type talk going . I think it is both unhelpful and very dangerous. I have no issue with accepting yours and StevenPL comments on numbers when reflecting on it . Not to proud to admit it if I have said something wrong or crass

However I think her intention is to cause division by implying that they are all going to come here , which is as I said dangerous rhetoric , especially sitting alongside words such as invasion

Last edited:
I think you have both made valid points TBF . My billions comment initially was defensive against Braverman‘s rhetoric trying to stir up immigrant hatred by trying to keep the invasion type talk going . I think it is both unhelpful and very dangerous. I have no issue with accepting yours and StevenPL comments on numbers when reflecting on it . Not to proud to admit it if I have said something wrong or crass

However I think her intention is to cause division by implying that they are all going to come here , which is as I said dangerous rhetoric , especially sitting alongside words such as invasion

Why is it dangerous though?

Breaverman is definitely not an honest actor in all this. She has no intention of curbing immigration or fixing the refugee crisis. It is, as you said, just inflamatory rhetoric designed to rile up the tory voter base.

However, the left and mainstream political discourse is also firmly entrenched in a strong pro-immigration stance, and often only because it's seen to be the right thing and it pisses off the "gammon". For instance, they are unwilling to accept that France is doing to us what Turkey is doing to Greece, and what Greece does to the rest of Europe. If they manage to get in, move them onward toward their destination asap. There are "charities" literally ferrying these people across the med and english channel.

We've had Songatte and Songatte 2, then the jungle. It's not getting better, and it never will because the push factors driving these people into Europe will only get worse. Even if we streamline the refugee intake process, it won't make a difference, the demand is essentially infinite. If the barrier to entry is reduced then more people will start popping up in Calais.

She is stirring racial tensions deliberately in my opinion, as evidenced by attacks on asylum centres
Agreed. Which is just another example of the Tories' terrible incompetence. Who's more galvanized by this latest saga? A lot of anti-immigration people like myself want nothing to do with her or the type of language she uses, whereas pro-immigration people can use her words to validate their own position.

Agreed. Which is just another example of the Tories' terrible incompetence. Who's more galvanized by this latest saga? A lot of anti-immigration people like myself want nothing to do with her or the type of language she uses, whereas pro-immigration people can use her words to validate their own position.
I think it’s more serious than just polarising sides , it‘s already led to violence . Whether pro or anti immigration surely no government should be pouring petrol on the racial fire

Last edited:
There's a lot of voters that are turning against them because of the shit show they've produced over the last 13 years. They can't convince these voters on policy to improve their lives so are focusing on issues that they can appear strong on but they will do nothing about. Wokeism, trans issues and immigration are easy wedge issues

I think it’s more serious than just polarising sides , it‘s already led to violence . Whether pro or anti immigration surely no government should not be pouring petrol on the racial fire
I just speaking in terms of their political strategy. They seem to think they're making the tea party gambit of riling up the morons but it was never going to work.

This gets anti-tory voters (including me) to turn out more than it does to get tory voters to turn out.

We're in the post-trump, post-brexit world where people on the left are not nearly as apathetic.

Back
Top Bottom