Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My opinion on Gedson is , he's shown some good flashes and he looks like a tidy player BUT :
a) His asking price from Benfica is something like £45m . For me that money could be way better spent especially giving the current financial situation.
b) We already have a lot of CM's , player similar to him , we actually need a CDM , rather than another CM .

Personally unless Tottenham can get him for really cheap , the money is better spent.

Neither bathed themselves in glory!
Having a ball fired at you from 20yrs at 80mph (just about the fastest a human can kick a ball) and without any knowledge of the direction of the ball (no body position to read from another kicking it to you, so no clue if it's going left, right or along the ground or in the air) I would guess this is a lot harder than it looks.

Shift Winks on for a massively inflated fee because he's English and sign Gedson up for a knockdown fee. Use the profit elsewhere.

Why, when he's a decent squad player who loves the club and doesn't complain and has shown to put in some good performances against top opposition?

Players like that valuable in their own right.

Why, when he's a decent squad player who loves the club and doesn't complain and has shown to put in some good performances against top opposition?

Players like that valuable in their own right.
Below average but has a decent value attached to a lesser club looking for English players. Plus being in the squad increases my chances of having to watch that backwards passing from zero to high. If he was a foreigner he'd be worth nothing and no one would talk about him. But he's English so he's instantly over rated.

Below average but has a decent value attached to a lesser club looking for English players. Plus being in the squad increases my chances of having to watch that backwards passing from zero to high. If he was a foreigner he'd be worth nothing and no one would talk about him. But he's English so he's instantly over rated.

I'm not sure that's the point.

He's HG, covers a position we lack depth in, loves the club, puts his body on the line for the club and has put in great performances against top clubs whilst been here.

Good enough to start every week? No. But why sell someone like that to sign someone in who also probably isn't good enough to start over Ndombele and Lo Celso either?

Get rid of him and we need to get someone in who counts as HG and spend more on again covering midfield.

If he was a foreigner, his performances would probably be rated higher if anything.

The fuck has this got to do with Gedson Fernandes anyway? Another player who isnt good enough to start but is decent enough to provide depth.

I'm not sure that's the point.

He's HG, covers a position we lack depth in, loves the club, puts his body on the line for the club and has put in great performances against top clubs whilst been here.

Good enough to start every week? No. But why sell someone like that to sign someone in who also probably isn't good enough to start over Ndombele and Lo Celso either?

Get rid of him and we need to get someone in who counts as HG and spend more on again covering midfield.

If he was a foreigner, his performances would probably be rated higher if anything.

The fuck has this got to do with Gedson Fernandes anyway? Another player who isnt good enough to start but is decent enough to provide depth.

It's about finances. We're not going to get the wallet out, so it's about looking at the squad, assessing what players have financial value but lack squad value.
IMO, by the time Gedsons loan comes to an end, his financial value will be much lower than Winks but his value to the squad would be much the same. If we need to raise funds, I'm saying I would sell Winks to raise those funds and keep Gedson, who I see as a similar type of player. Theoretically, lets say some idiot spends £40m on Winks in the stupid market we have, and we can get Gedson for £20m
That's a £20m kitty to spend elsewhere, a younger player who will probably end up being better and best of all, I don't ever had to watch captainbackpass ever again.

Why the fuck sign him , he's looks average, a reserve team player for his old club. Nobody had ever heard of him.
£40 m for him if we sign , unbelievable waste of money.
Transfer policy is a complete fuckwit douchbag mess
Portuguese N'Jie at best - hopefully its not too late to pull out of this

Why the fuck sign him , he's looks average, a reserve team player for his old club. Nobody had ever heard of him.
£40 m for him if we sign , unbelievable waste of money.
Transfer policy is a complete fuckwit douchbag mess
This is the problem with our transfer business.
Maybe this is a bit unfair for me to say but why did we buy Jack Clarke when we could've spent that money on Dybala's image rights.
Also the fact that we were going to get Dybala (along with Sess and Lo Celso) shows that there was money there but we're just not using it wisely.
If we get Gedson for however much , thats £X gone off the transfer budget to spend on players we actually need. Unless he's really cheap I can't see this being good because right now all he is , is squad depth/backup.

It's about finances. We're not going to get the wallet out, so it's about looking at the squad, assessing what players have financial value but lack squad value.
IMO, by the time Gedsons loan comes to an end, his financial value will be much lower than Winks but his value to the squad would be much the same. If we need to raise funds, I'm saying I would sell Winks to raise those funds and keep Gedson, who I see as a similar type of player. Theoretically, lets say some idiot spends £40m on Winks in the stupid market we have, and we can get Gedson for £20m
That's a £20m kitty to spend elsewhere, a younger player who will probably end up being better and best of all, I don't ever had to watch captainbackpass ever again.
“*Might end up being better” would be more appropriate. Some young players come good, others fail to live up to their potential in every sport in the world. Winks is a known commodity, seems happy at the club, does his job while not being the most exciting player, he does so efficiently. Add in the home grown element, I’m not sure where the 20 million buys a ready made replacement.

Back
Top Bottom