Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually thought he was good when he came on. Showed zero fear when so many were scared to actually be creative.

Shame about the penalty - was awful.

Racism aimed at him is unacceptable.

If he does that kinda thing for us moving forward we'll make him a Sours player on a permanent basis. Very impressed with his versatility. Always looked dangerous on that left hand side of the pitch.

Still not quite sure what he is and whether he'll ultimately be good enough in one position or another to nail down a particular place, but at least he was involved tonight. As decent as he looked, and he showed he has some technical ability, we have got other players with ability who are deeply flawed - I'd really just like a player who can fucking nail it and we could depend on to do a particular job well, be that CM or AM. If that's Gedson great, but if he's just going to kind of flit around doing bits of good but ultimately bumbling at crucial times then I'm still going to be a bit underwhelmed. Early days and he's young etc etc we'll see...but at least I saw something tonight, which is more than in his previous appearances.

Compare his game in CM against Southampton with Skipp's tonight for example, chalk and cheese. Skipp's seen the ball 85 times, Gedson saw it about 12.

Still not quite sure what he is and whether he'll ultimately be good enough in one position or another to nail down a particular place, but at least he was involved tonight. As decent as he looked, and he showed he has some technical ability, we have got other players with ability who are deeply flawed - I'd really just like a player who can fucking nail it and we could depend on to do a particular job well, be that CM or AM. If that's Gedson great, but if he's just going to kind of flit around doing bits of good but ultimately bumbling at crucial times then I'm still going to be a bit underwhelmed. Early days and he's young etc etc we'll see...but at least I saw something tonight, which is more than in his previous appearances.

Compare his game in CM against Southampton with Skipp's tonight for example, chalk and cheese. Skipp's seen the ball 85 times, Gedson saw it about 12.

His big plus in my opinion is his pace and and fitness. He can cover the yards, I suppose thats why they call them box to box midfidlers. Hes quick for a CM.

I think when he beefs a bit he can be a CM in a 3. Say Gedson Skipp Lo Celso

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm thinking/hoping. But then we've got to play a CM3, which Mou shows no sign of doing, which leaves Gedson in the same kind of compromised netherworld as some other of our players who end up doing less than stellar jobs because they aren't meant to be doing them.

Back
Top Bottom