Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree he needs time given the injuries but there is hint of Lamela about him (and not the injuries). He is meant to be our creative force but he takes too long to execute pass a lot of times. He has to see what is happening and then has to process it before executing it .

Don't get me wrong he is not as bad as Lamela with this but if he is meant to be our creative force I expect better. The comparison with Modric is laughable as Modric saw the pass before even receiving the ball...there was no process period. Lo Celso..holds..holds..looks up..pass. He doesn't have La Liga time in this league.
Expect better how bro he has been injured! The speed of the game and speed of thought all come from game time

One of the best things about him is how fast he can process things and move the ball quickly. It sucks that he is injured all the time but when healthy he is exactly the type of player we need to increase the speed in which we move the ball.

This is a bit of a random thought, but if neither Gio or Tanguy can play 90 minutes, how about we give them 45
This is a bit of a random thought, but if neither Gio or Tanguy can play 90 minutes, how about we give them 45 minutes each?
:sonhmm:
what if by doing so, they can both go full throttle knowing they don’t need anything left in the tank!!

what if by doing so, they can both go full throttle knowing they don’t need anything left in the tank!!

All you do is slate left and right you utter cunt. What else?
Are you happy with the effort many players are showing at the moment.
With their massive price tags and wages they are paid only idiots like you think they are performing well.
I highly doubt you have ever kicked a ball in your life or seen a live game.

I highly doubt you have ever kicked a ball in your life or seen a live game.

tenor.gif

speed of thought does not come from game time.
Yeah it does. Obviously it's not going to turn Lamela into Messi, but 'baking' awareness down into muscle memory and insight into intuition takes repetition and exposure. It takes a long time playing with the same people, or the same type of people.

It can't make magicians out of donkeys, obviously, but it can take existing talent up a level.

What would Tanguy do for the other 40 minutes? Sleep?

haha, sorry, I like the idea. Be great to see it, but if we actually got 45 minutes of 'maximum effort', then we'd have an interesting choice to make on having them take turns turning it off and on for the full 90.

He improved second half today. He's a guy who, when he's half a yard off it, looks poor, but I think there were some signs that his game is coming back. Hopefully can have a good game on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom