Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have no idea why he was taken off when he was by far our best player in the 2nd half and even more baffling that you take him off and don't put Ndombele on. I still would have hated the move but at least it would have been like for like. We have seen all season long we need at least one of them on the field at all times.

I'm one of his biggest fans but I'm not impressed
He played well during the 2nd half (then got taken off) just like the Southampton game but he wasted a whole half doing nothing.

2yrs later and no one knows his best position.
Apart from a few decent games last year before lockdown he's really not impressed.

He wasn't cheap and he was supposed to chip in with goals. Needs to start showing a lot more otherwise we should consider selling at this point..

The two were our best two players going forward today, taking them both off at once was horrible decision making.

Especially with Gio off, we had no ability to link the midfield and attack.
Very valid point though.

He was linking play well at points.

We clearly need either Gio or Ndombele on the pitch.

We look much more dominant with both playing but in the right set up that is ...

Lo Celso is a fustrating player , some really good moments followed by some really bad.

I'm one of his biggest fans but I'm not impressed
He played well during the 2nd half (then got taken off) just like the Southampton game but he wasted a whole half doing nothing.

2yrs later and no one knows his best position.
Apart from a few decent games last year before lockdown he's really not impressed.

He wasn't cheap and he was supposed to chip in with goals. Needs to start showing a lot more otherwise we should consider selling at this point..
I haven't given up on him. Shit luck with injuries and he is the antithesis of a Mourinho player.

Worst case he should be a flat track bully that terrorizes lesser defenses.

If we get a good offer in the Summer we should take it. He's the Director's Cut of Lamela. The more you watch him the more predictable he becomes. He's got Argentine Left Footed Disease. An aversion to using his right foot under any circumstances.

fLBNdKZ.jpg

Starting to worry he's not quite the player I thought he was.

Definitely regressed this season.

Seems more timid and is losing possession more often.
There is definitely quality there - he was the one positive pre-lockdown.

However, he's been pretty poor since coming back from injury and I am baffled how he's just walked back in the starting eleven.

Needs to do a lot more.

I actually thought he was pretty good today. Showed great passing range early on, regained possession a number of times and was very willing to drive the ball up the pitch. I really like him as a 8.

I actually thought he was pretty good today. Showed great passing range early on, regained possession a number of times and was very willing to drive the ball up the pitch. I really like him as a 8.
IMO in an ideal world we bring in another CM that is a bit more defensively minded and can play alongside Hojbjerg in the big games, while in these sorts of games we can play GLC/Tanguy as the 8. Bit like United do with Fred and McTominay.

IMO in an ideal world we bring in another CM that is a bit more defensively minded and can play alongside Hojbjerg in the big games, while in these sorts of games we can play GLC/Tanguy as the 8. Bit like United do with Fred and McTominay.
I like that plan. Somebody of quality would also give Hojbjerg a well-earned break in some attacking games.

I thought he did fine last night. My biggest problem with GLC of late is he seems to have become a midfield clone of Lamela, his shooting has been awful, he's playing the pass a second or two too late.

During the second half of last season I thought he was excellent, arguably our best player. There was a point I remember some saying, GLC wasn't just the Eriksen replacement but an improvement.

I don't think GLC has been as bad this season as some are making it out to be, but I am getting a bit frustrated with him because I expect a lot more from him. On current form he's just a deep-midfield version of his compatriot.

Back
Top Bottom