Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He improved second half today. He's a guy who, when he's half a yard off it, looks poor, but I think there were some signs that his game is coming back. Hopefully can have a good game on Sunday.

I agree with you. Each time hes come back from injury, which has already been too many times back from injury, he has taken 3/4 games to start firing again.

He looks progressive and tough. I like him. Look forward to seeing more.

Thought he was awful today for 60 mins or so.
I was surprised he wasn't hooked instead of Ndombele. He gets a pass though as he's been out for a long time.

People have been far too harsh for a guy that has yet to have a season with us. Obviously, the injury issues are a but worrisome, but personally he isn't a 10, which is where he played today. I've seen him for his country and I like him playing a bit deeper.

Think there are goals and assists in both of them, but the system hasn't been the best thing for them.

They also have to accept that they can improve as individuals, it’s not just the system. Eriksen played in a shite system under AVB and Sherwood but he still delivered the goods.

Both Gio and Tanguy spend too much time rolling around on the floor, I don’t like how that has crept into their game. Gio threw himself into one big challenge yesterday that almost led to a goal, I want to see more of that from him. Not this guy who fannies around and falls over when someone breathes on him.

They also have to accept that they can improve as individuals, it’s not just the system. Eriksen played in a shite system under AVB and Sherwood but he still delivered the goods.

Both Gio and Tanguy spend too much time rolling around on the floor, I don’t like how that has crept into their game. Gio threw himself into one big challenge yesterday that almost led to a goal, I want to see more of that from him. Not this guy who fannies around and falls over when someone breathes on him.

Oh, I am not putting 100% on system, but both of these midfielders came in under a regime that historically took 6 months to bed in the player, then that system was let go. Then comes in Jose, who would choose a socket wrench for a Philips head screw.

Add to that GLC hasn't been healthy the whole time he has been here.

As for putting in a tackle, GLC is Argentinian, and a tackle is one thing he has shown he isn't afraid of doing. Eriksen he is not in terms of tackling.

As for putting in a tackle, GLC is Argentinian, and a tackle is one thing he has shown he isn't afraid of doing. Eriksen he is not in terms of tackling.
I agree that he is not afraid of a tackle, but he was a holy show yesterday in terms of his amateur dramatics. We can put it down to a lack of match sharpness if we are feeling generous, but I read somewhere that he lost 82% of his duels yesterday, which is spectacular stuff for all the wrong reasons.

Oh, I am not putting 100% on system, but both of these midfielders came in under a regime that historically took 6 months to bed in the player, then that system was let go. Then comes in Jose, who would choose a socket wrench for a Philips head screw.

Add to that GLC hasn't been healthy the whole time he has been here.

The best and most consistent feature of Gio’s game is his aggression without the ball, I just don’t like what he’s become in possession. Too eager to go down just because people are nibbling on him, he needs to be smarter. Three or four times yesterday he just slumped to the floor under minimal pressure then started whinging at the referee.

There’s nothing wrong with drawing fouls but you have to actually draw a foul. You can’t just fall down in a dangerous position then look at the referee for help. Lucas is doing this too much these days too.

He's not fit enough but currently he has the excuse of coming back from a long term injury (unlike you know who).
Hopefully when fit he can be the Eriksen replacement we so badly need.

The more I watch the more I think he is Lamela 2.0. Not necessarily because they have a similar playing style, but more so by contribution.
He’s better than Lamela. You don’t even need to watch to see that Gio moves the ball much quicker, doesn’t take 100 minutes to make a decision and doesn’t look like a epileptic goat when running with the ball.

Looked lively. With him and Moura off we had no one pushing the flow and trying to take city defenders on their back heel.

Lo Celso can be a great accompaniment to a player like Ndombele. Ndombele can beat a packed bus. Lo Celso can help beat a press. With a defensive mid behind them in a 4-3-3 it can be great to watch.

I am very mad about that sub. As soon as I saw the names I conceded the game. I texted my brother saying expect 20 shots from city the rest of the game and nearly 0 from spurs. It turned out true.

Looked lively. With him and Moura off we had no one pushing the flow and trying to take city defenders on their back heel.

Lo Celso can be a great accompaniment to a player like Ndombele. Ndombele can beat a packed bus. Lo Celso can help beat a press. With a defensive mid behind them in a 4-3-3 it can be great to watch.

I am very mad about that sub. As soon as I saw the names I conceded the game. I texted my brother saying expect 20 shots from city the rest of the game and nearly 0 from spurs. It turned out true.
For me it was the fact Lucas came off

Back
Top Bottom