Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he started vs Brighton we would have been joint top now.

Single handily ran the game in the 2nd half, what a performance - so happy for him!

Also much better than Kulu in the #10.

If he started vs Brighton we would have been joint top now.

Single handily ran the game in the 2nd half, what a performance - so happy for him!

Also much better than Kulu in the #10.
You forgot that he came on and immediately gave away a penalty.

What did you think of Lo Celso's contribution today?
Ange:
Yeah Gio was great. He's been great the last two or three weeks. With the amount of injuries we've had and absences we've had, we've needed everyone in the group and everybody who has come in has stepped up. Gio was very good today, not just with his work rate but you could see his quality on the ball. His passes through and the one through to Sonny was outstanding. We needed him today and we're going to need him going forward because Sonny goes away now, Biss goes away, Pape goes away. So I thought he was a good contributor.

What do we make of that?

Ange:
Yeah Gio was great. He's been great the last two or three weeks. With the amount of injuries we've had and absences we've had, we've needed everyone in the group and everybody who has come in has stepped up. Gio was very good today, not just with his work rate but you could see his quality on the ball. His passes through and the one through to Sonny was outstanding. We needed him today and we're going to need him going forward because Sonny goes away now, Biss goes away, Pape goes away. So I thought he was a good contributor.

What do we make of that?

We need him

Ange:

What do we make of that?
We're going to need him cause we're going to be thin on players. How else can you take it?

Starting to look more and more like the player we saw at the beginning of Mourinhos tenure. Except with actual end product.

2 goals and 2 assists in 411 minutes in the league this season. Excellent return really for someone most of us pretty much wrote off and thought had no serious future here. Stepped up when needed, fair play to him.

Ange:

What do we make of that?
He likes him.

This is the Lo Celso we've waited far too long to see. Apart from at the start of the covid games, he's not given it his all and wasn't in favour. I never doubted his raw talent but thought he was a bit of a miserable, brittle wanker tbh. Money down the drain.

He looks like a totally different player now. Invested and enjoying it and great to watch. The power of Ange.

Ange:

What do we make of that?

We're selling him late January?

If he does want to stay with us long term and can remain healthy then we have a midfield of Bentancur, Maddison, Kulusevski, Lo Celso, Bissouma and Sarr.

Sadly I think Hojbjerg and Skipp don’t have the tools to make it in this system. So if we can upgrade them with the likes of Vermeeren and Gallagher we could end up with the second best midfield in the league after City.
Hope he stays

Ange:

What do we make of that?
He's boosting GLC, he knows that no one is going to buy him, so he's stuck with him for time being and will try to get the best out of him.

View: https://twitter.com/XDcomps/status/1741497089614639244

Phenomenal second half. Genuinely one of the best performances by a Spurs player this season. Long may it continue, we're gonna need him next month.

Those dribbles out of trouble from our own half was exactly what we saw from Gio at Betis when we bought him. He was a one man ball transporter. One of the attributes that pushed him slightly ahead of Bruno that window.

If he stays healthy he’ll be a huge contributor

Ange:

What do we make of that?

Nothing we didn't know?

I can still see a world where he gets sold in the Summer, 27 years old currently 18 months left, this is probably the best time to cash in and for him he's entering his peak, maybe he sees himself a guaranteed starter elsewhere, let's see.

He likes him.

This is the Lo Celso we've waited far too long to see. Apart from at the start of the covid games, he's not given it his all and wasn't in favour. I never doubted his raw talent but thought he was a bit of a miserable, brittle wanker tbh. Money down the drain.

He looks like a totally different player now. Invested and enjoying it and great to watch. The power of Ange.

Glad he’s finally stepped up. I wouldn’t give him a new contract though and still look to sell in the summer. A few good games doesn’t really change it for me.

Back
Top Bottom