Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Trust me, we don’t want Lewa.

Richy is a better option for a 9 in prem football than Lewa. This isn’t an ibrahimovic situation, Lewa is off to MLS or Saudi very soon. Amazing player in his day. It’s just not his day anymore.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣lewandowski would be brilliant for us and on a completely different level right now from Richarlison

This is why I believed in Gio and always liked him while I always thought Ndombele was a lost cause. When Gio was sent on loan to Villarreal, he won MOTM against fucking Bayern. When Ndombele was sent on loan to Napoli he was either an 80th minute sub or was subbed off at HT. One simply has the drive that the other one lacks.

To be fair, Napoli were one one of the best teams in Europe last year, and were miles better than Villarreal

Only one of those teams made the Champions League Semi-Final and it wasn't Napoli.

If you look through this thread you’ll see I’ve frequently defended Lo Celso. You can probably find posts where I said he’ll be much better as an 8 in 433 in a proactive side. So my post wasn’t knocking him. But likewise I think exactly the same could be said for Ndombele.

But Napoli were a much better side than Villarreal, with an already great midfield three. Pretty sure Ndombele would have played plenty if he’d gone to Villarreal too.

If you look through this thread you’ll see I’ve frequently defended Lo Celso. You can probably find posts where I said he’ll be much better as an 8 in 433 in a proactive side. So my post wasn’t knocking him. But likewise I think exactly the same could be said for Ndombele.

But Napoli were a much better side than Villarreal, with an already great midfield three. Pretty sure Ndombele would have played plenty if he’d gone to Villarreal too.
But Ndombele isn't even getting game time for Galatasaray after he got caught in Burger King!

Lo Celso has two issues.

1 he can’t play for reactive managers, he was bought as an AM replacement of Eriksen for Poch. Some players can adapt to opposite styles, he can’t. That has been fixed as we have Ange now, we don’t have Jose, Nuno or Conte anymore.

2 he has a history of injuries which means when he does build up form he is then out for periods. This is the remaining concern, if this is ok going forward then he is worth keeping.

But Ndombele isn't even getting game time for Galatasaray after he got caught in Burger King!

Ndombele is one of the most crazy gifted footballers I have seen at this club, but he doesn’t seem to like football, doesn’t seem to care about football, doesn’t care about his reputation of not giving two fucks and seems to want to just retire and eat.

He put in 1-2 wonderful seasons for Lyon and France, got his big contract and hung up his boots. He used us and fucked us over but fair play he did it well. I don’t understand though if you are pure talent why you would give it up like that, he must hate football, even if he gave 50-60% he would be a useful player but he doesn’t even do that.

Lo Celso was never that, he clearly didn’t like Conte or Jose but seems reborn under Ange.

Ndombele is one of the most crazy gifted footballers I have seen at this club, but he doesn’t seem to like football, doesn’t seem to care about football, doesn’t care about his reputation of not giving two fucks and seems to want to just retire and eat.

He put in 1-2 wonderful seasons for Lyon and France, got his big contract and hung up his boots. He used us and fucked us over but fair play he did it well. I don’t understand though if you are pure talent why you would give it up like that, he must hate football, even if he gave 50-60% he would be a useful player but he doesn’t even do that.

Lo Celso was never that, he clearly didn’t like Conte or Jose but seems reborn under Ange.
I agree with everything you have said and I still hope we replace him with Olise or Eze in the summer. And part of me hopes Donnelly makes their purchases unnecessary .

Back
Top Bottom