Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t understand what the debate is about.

We need 6 very good midfielders. He is more than good enough to be among that group.

What do you mean?

I think debate and discussion around here is related to what is best for Tottenham Hotspur as football club.
I personally think that BASED ON EVIDENCE UP TO TODAY, it is not rational use our resource to keep prime-aged, very injury prone, inconsistent and above-average salary player as 6th choice midfielder.

While he could offer us some value, I personally believe (from what I've seen from Lo Celso) that it might be reasonable to take in the money and reinvest it to someone who can be more consistent and potentially improve further.

But what happens between now and end of current season might still change it. And also dependent on interest that is generated from the market.

I am honestly happy that he has started to contribute to Spurs success. We would be currently in worse position in table if it wasn't for him.

But that is obviously some clickbait bullshit. Key man?
Player that has been used literally as last resort option when Bentancur, Sarr, Bissouma and Maddison have been out.
And player that has started 5 games (from which only 1 we have won) out of 21 so far ... key man?

Why cannot anyone just stay in realms of reality? :D

Clickbait?

I never knew such a stat existed but this would suggest there's evidence and not just hype

Only Maddison (3.1) is averaging more key passes per 90 minutes than Lo Celso (2.4) of all Spurs players this season.

How else could one call article where like 5th choice midfielder who has spent most of season on bench could be called "key man". Definition of hyperbole.

Hope GLC has brilliant game today though ;) !

It’s just beyond a joke now. He needs moving on, can’t have a player that plays well for a game or two and is then out for three to four weeks.

Surely our medical team are all over why he keeps getting injured!
He's a good player, in a position that we have depth (be it 8 or 10), a squad player and his replacement would cost a hell of a lot more. There's 0 reason to sell him. His injuries can be managed.

It’s just beyond a joke now. He needs moving on, can’t have a player that plays well for a game or two and is then out for three to four weeks.

Surely our medical team are all over why he keeps getting injured!
It's frustrating as hell (any player that's actually good but can't keep out of the treatment room).

But the number of hamstrings that we are experiencing is probably down to Ange and how he has us train, rather than our doctors...
He's on record as saying this - the same thing happened at Celtic.

I ageee with you, but it's safer to play him than Hojbjerg, and that seems Ange's opinion too.
I think PEH is better right now. Although I think that opinion is based off his performances off the bench rather than starting games. The difference here could be that he's more impactful with fresher legs vs tired legs.

But genuinely think Skipp has been by and large shit, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom