Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levys deadline day transfers plus pochs work shedule are a toxic mix. Puts players under immediate stress to get up to speed. We never learn.

I'm sorry but if waiting until deadline day gets certain deals done cheaper and saves us as a business £20m-£30m at a time I make Levy right.

Quoted £75m for Lo Celso at one point and £50m for Sessegnon. If it's deadline day for cheaper or mid summer for that kind of dough Levy really is in the right when it comes to it. Tough but we'd have only got Lo Celso in a week beforehand if we had done an earlier deal due to the Copa America.

Last edited:
They should have a clause built in for these friendlies.If a player is unable to represent his league side following an injury sustained at such a match due to a foul from an opposing player then that player's club is fined and compensation paid to the club affected by the injury relative to the number of games he will miss. That might stop a few of them going in with "gung ho" challenges at meaningless matches.
Definitely, club or country .

Why are Argentina playing friendlies now anyway????
The Copa South Americas, or whatever it is called, finished about a month ago.

Repeated muscle injuries over and over again. Has to be down to training methods.
More likely something a bit more depressing I think. Consider how many happy dressing rooms have injured players & how many have a fit squad fighting to be out on the pitch no matter what against unhappy dressing rooms with a lack of harmony and lots of niggles and malingering....

I understand people want to vent but blaming Poch or Levy is bang out of order.

Blame the international friendly schedule all you want though.

In the end, it’s just terrible luck.

If Poch doesn't consider him fit enough to start games for us then why allow him to go and play for Argentina? Sometimes the manager has to be tougher in situations like this and tell national managers that they can't have his players if they are not fit.

Hope it's not a Lamela type hip injury. He was out for nearly a year wasn't he after a much delayed operation . That's the other problem, our medics and their diagnosis are pants

If Poch doesn't consider him fit enough to start games for us then why allow him to go and play for Argentina? Sometimes the manager has to be tougher in situations like this and tell national managers that they can't have his players if they are not fit.

A manager cannot play a player in 3 matches, have the player be completely healthy, and then deny an international call up. Fucking ridiculous to put this on Poch. Not everything is his fault.

Or this is just the line Poch feeds us as the player doesn't understand our system fully.

Regardless it's bizarre, every clubs has different definitions of fit, if we deem him not to be at a required level to play for us how comes the country can say he is ok for them?

At National level is being free from an injury what qualifies a player to be fit? I guess it's down then to the national coach whether they think the player has had enough minutes. Nothing we can really do about it, i'm sure players actually want to play for their country so you have to factor in the negative impact of them not going.

#spursy

Back
Top Bottom