Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He showed us what he could do last season.

He’s had injury problems at the start so hopefully he’ll regain his form, I do wish he’d bulk up just a bit more.

But he didn’t - he missed most of the season and had a few good games at the seasons end. His best game was against Norwich and even then it was simply ‘good’. He is a tidy player but rarely impacts or controls games.

Wasn't great today but drove up the field well for the second goal. A few decent bits of play, but looked a bit weak in duels and seemed a bit off. Probably difficult for him to get into games given how we play, and being on a yellow card didn't help. Still think he's really good, he just needs to find his flow a bit.

Did think we might of subbed him at HT because of the yellow, was my only worry that he would pick up another one.

Defensively was ok with harsh yellow, but he’s just very weak and limited technically as midfielder. Lamela would have done more. He will be sold soon. We severely missed Ndombele.

I think you need to take a step back fella... He looked good last year (one of the few bright points).... He's not been in the best of fitness (and therefore lacking a bit of form), but his upside should be obvious.

I think he could do very well in a sissoko role.. if he improves his defence and bulks up.

I just don't see the creative spark with him that I did with modric, eriksen, and now Ndombele. That special "it" factor. Which is a shame because his passing is a great compliment to Ndombeles dribbling.

But he's young. I just think his best position is as a box to box mid, not an attacking mid. That can still work with Ndombele being an incredible creative attacking mid.

I think you need to take a step back fella... He looked good last year (one of the few bright points).... He's not been in the best of fitness (and therefore lacking a bit of form), but his upside should be obvious.
He can’t make me and neither can you. All you’re proposing is excuses in his favour and false hope. He has no presence. Doesn’t command it and it’s not offered to him against stronger sides.

Technically he need space to hold on to the ball, make accurate passes and make the right decision. He almost bottled the counter which resulted in Kane banger.

Both of you still have time to make me step back.

He can’t make me and neither can you.

Eh?

All you’re proposing is excuses in his favour and false hope. He has no presence. Doesn’t command it and it’s not offered to him against stronger sides.

Technically he need space to hold on to the ball, make accurate passes and make the right decision. He almost bottled the counter which resulted in Kane banger.

Lol.... Spare us the tough guy routine.

I'll carry on backing him thanks.....

If you insist on being some hipster who's looking for some kudos for being first to write him off; then more fool you... You've nothing in real terms to gain from that.... Least of all credibility as a "tactical genius".

I think he could do very well in a sissoko role.. if he improves his defence and bulks up.

I just don't see the creative spark with him that I did with modric, eriksen, and now Ndombele. That special "it" factor. Which is a shame because his passing is a great compliment to Ndombeles dribbling.

But he's young. I just think his best position is as a box to box mid, not an attacking mid. That can still work with Ndombele being an incredible creative attacking mid.
Our playing style and tactics are quite different from Poch era. I am not sure even if prime Eriksen would be shining in our current setup since we don't have much possession like we used to have.

Some people writing him off, laughable.

Was arguably our best player last season once he got into the team.

Has had injuries this year and no pre season.

Ndombele has been superb, but let's not forget that we looked a lot better against Burnley once Lo Celso came on for him.

Anyone saying that we should sell him, have a day off!!!

I still think we should play both GLC and Ndombele together even against the top sides.

I really think a midfield of GLC, Ndombele, and Hojbjerg can be one of the top in the world.

Our playing style and tactics are quite different from Poch era. I am not sure even if prime Eriksen would be shining in our current setup since we don't have much possession like we used to have.
I think our current style would suit prime Eriksen just fine. He'd play Ndombele's role and do it better. He scored so many long range bangers, was good getting in the box, so would have been a perfect third goal scorer. He was practically a guaranteed 20+ g/a a season.

He used to have an engine on him and was always tracking back on counters, though he was a bit of a traffic cone when he got there.

Most of all, he was amazing at launching a quick long range ball.

Prime Eriksen in this team would have been amazing in this team.

The only issue is that he clearly wasn't mentally very strong.

I think our current style would suit prime Eriksen just fine. He'd play Ndombele's role and do it better. He scored so many long range bangers, was good getting in the box, so would have been a perfect third goal scorer. He was practically a guaranteed 20+ g/a a season.

He used to have an engine on him and was always tracking back on counters, though he was a bit of a traffic cone when he got there.

Most of all, he was amazing at launching a quick long range ball.

Prime Eriksen in this team would have been amazing in this team.

The only issue is that he clearly wasn't mentally very strong.

That ignores the fact that we still use Ndombele to tackle and break lines from deep on turnovers.... Eriksen rarely used to do that; he had Dembele to do that for him and release him in the final third to in turn feed H, Son or Dele or crack a shot off from the D.

(Coincidence or not; CE dropping deeper - and at times looking more like a #8 - coincided with the Poch era going off the boil as we struggled to create the time and space in MF that Dembele's presence gifted us.)

Even though it seems he is our further guy up the pitch during certain breaks, Ndombele is still pretty much box to box; it's just that Kane drops deeper than he used to and Son has the pace to get beyond them even from a similarly deeper starting position than he'd typically take up under Poch.

I thought he was pretty poor yesterday and was the obvious player to take off when the sub was made.
We were playing a game where every touch in the oppo half matter and he didn't make the most of it 2nd half when they put pressure on.
He was tackled too easily and too regularly.

It's a squad game and he'll make a decent squad player though.

He can’t make me and neither can you. All you’re proposing is excuses in his favour and false hope. He has no presence. Doesn’t command it and it’s not offered to him against stronger sides.

almost bottled the counter?? how did he do that? great first touch from a ball bouncing into him, dribbles it smoothly up the other end and times his pass to son with perfection...?? how the fuck is that bottling it?

Back
Top Bottom