Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho bemoaned it over the weekend when Tanguy was out, that he wasn’t able to swap Tanguy for Gio on the 60th minute because it’s really like having a 12th starter when you can swap two players of that quality.

Crossing my fingers we see both Lo Celso and Ndombele in the midfield this weekend with Palace likely to play a bit more defensive than our previous few opponents.

That's the thing. Even if he performs better as a RW, he has more important role in our team as a replacement for Ndombele
I don't know, I prefer him wider, but assuming we don't sub Ndombele, I'd rather him on the right over Lucas.

I think he's better when you limit him to a more forward looking role as he tends to get into a muddle if you give him too many options and too much thinking time.

Mourinho bemoaned it over the weekend when Tanguy was out, that he wasn’t able to swap Tanguy for Gio on the 60th minute because it’s really like having a 12th starter when you can swap two players of that quality.

Crossing my fingers we see both Lo Celso and Ndombele in the midfield this weekend with Palace likely to play a bit more defensive than our previous few opponents.

So one of Sissoko or Hojbjerg should make way despite being two of our best performers to accommodate a player who has been poor this season. Not only that but let’s change a successful starting 11 to accommodate that player as well and put him with midfield combo that has only played 2 games together! Brilliant

So one of Sissoko or Hojbjerg should make way despite being two of our best performers to accommodate a player who has been poor this season. Not only that but let’s change a successful starting 11 to accommodate that player as well and put him with midfield combo that has only played 2 games together! Brilliant

You have very strong feelings about this and I do not want to argue about this at all.

My personal thought process is that Palace will be more defensive and we have 4 games in 10 days and against Liverpool and Leicester you’ll want to play Sissoko and Hojbjerg. Going to have to rotate some during this period, lots of games.

You have very strong feelings about this and I do not want to argue about this at all.

My personal thought process is that Palace will be more defensive and we have 4 games in 10 days and against Liverpool and Leicester you’ll want to play Sissoko and Hojbjerg. Going to have to rotate some during this period, lots of games.

I like Gio - neat tidy player but far too passive and is a player who should dominate and impact games far more. I think he has the ability and his fee would also suggest that. He needs to start showing it.

What I don’t like this hyperbole surrounding him and this desperate desire to get him into the side at the expense of others whose contributions are way ahead of his.

There will be plenty in here who will be desperate to get Sissoko out and him in which would be criminal at this time.

Lo Celso needs to show a dam slight lot more than he has so far and against far better opposition if he is to get past Sissoko or Tanguy. He needs to earn this and yet so many are desperate just to hand it to him.

Not really he did well in spells and was quiet in others. That’s pretty much his whole Spurs career summed up.

but as usual certain supporters will fall over themselves. Ignore the poor the opposition, ignore his poor league form and then throw a tantrum when he starts on the bench again in the league.

seek help

Hey Giovani you listening?! The Hood has given you 4 to 5 pages of pearls here and I hope you wise up you cheeky bastard ! Don’t get ahead of yourself apparently you’ve been shit all season!!

I like Gio - neat tidy player but far too passive and is a player who should dominate and impact games far more. I think he has the ability and his fee would also suggest that. He needs to start showing it.

What I don’t like this hyperbole surrounding him and this desperate desire to get him into the side at the expense of others whose contributions are way ahead of his.

There will be plenty in here who will be desperate to get Sissoko out and him in which would be criminal at this time.

Lo Celso needs to show a dam slight lot more than he has so far and against far better opposition if he is to get past Sissoko or Tanguy. He needs to earn this and yet so many are desperate just to hand it to him.
Aye, hyperbole isn’t what we need here as he’s not going to be bothering the POTY panel at this stage. But underplaying what he brings is just as bad.

He’s more of an attacking threat than Tanguy and Sissoko. I think he’s got more goals this season than they have? Not checked, so could be shite. He’s more likely to break past the attackers as shown again tonight. Can take a corner. He’s got a lot to offer.

Is he the new Maradona? Like fuck he is. But he’s not the average plodder you make him out to be either. Again, entrenched views win the day, when they really shouldn’t.

Back
Top Bottom