Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

100% - I choose to believe that Gio’s historic injuries were cause by severe allergic reactions to Jose’s and Cunte’s negative terrorist football (and the stench of Cunte that lingered even into the beginning of this season).. 😆😆

Unlike Tanguy, he is on pretty reasonable wages - Never thought I’d be saying this a year ago but I’d be all for a Gio extension. He’s been fantastic starting from the Villa match and I like his shithousery. - that pass for Sonny’s goal today was a thing of beauty.
Yep , he obviously didn’t enjoy the negative shit with Jose and Conte .

Even his body language looks different now , he enjoys the way Ange wants players to perform .

Hope it continues and see where it takes us

He looks good running with the ball, some good passing also. Could be even better if we become a dominant side once again and be on the ball attacking like we've used to.
Unfortunately with his and Maddison injury record it's not uncommon for them both to be out out of action at the same time never mind not enough for rotation for European Cups.. tricky decision if to move him on or keep

Class player, shame he's been a sicknote for us and we've had a certain type of manager, but Lo Celso is quality and a good fit for us now.

If he does want to stay with us long term and can remain healthy then we have a midfield of Bentancur, Maddison, Kulusevski, Lo Celso, Bissouma and Sarr.

Sadly I think Hojbjerg and Skipp don’t have the tools to make it in this system. So if we can upgrade them with the likes of Vermeeren and Gallagher we could end up with the second best midfield in the league after City.

He's quality, has a bit of everything you look for in a midfielder. Just needs to stay fit. If he does that for the next 6 months we're going to be desperate to keep him, you can bet on that.

There was a call not long ago for him to be let go if a bid of anything between 15m - 30m was tabled, which I thought was madness. Anyone with eyes a modicum of football knowledge can see that with some polishing he is a 50m+ minimum valuation. The stop-start nature of his Spurs career so far has inhibited his opportunity to fully develop within the squad and demonstrate his true ability. Well, now is his time and he shows with every minute he's getting under his belt that his value to us and in general needs to be re-evaluated. I would add that the major doubt I have over his future with us is his rather sketchy fitness record - if this was an area that the Club could improve on then that would raise his importance to the squad strength.

Last edited:
we have a midfield of Bentancur, Maddison, Kulusevski, Lo Celso, Bissouma and Sarr.
yea that is fucking strong! i think gio can play deeper too especially in certain games where we are up against a side that sits deep. thats 6 very good players there for 3 spots. we shouldnt really need to upgrade both PEH and skipp. let both go and just get one more in....we got devine too if we do need to call him back. id let him out on loan again next year at a better level so hes ready in a couple years.

Back
Top Bottom