Goldbridge, dick head, OK geezer or an elaborate parody?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dick or parody

• Dick

Votes: 54 42.5%
  • Parody

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • A decent chap

Votes: 30 23.6%

• Total voters
This guy is absolute full on Partridge. Just been listening to all the stuff on Goldbridge World account. If he plays his cards right he could make a career out of this.

Moh is the Woolwich corespondent for that show...so having narcissistic nutters on there is no shock...
Also totally commercial decision. A big threat to broadcasting companies is the rise of fanTV, I don't have figures and they may be only small now but nonetheless, thousands of fans now pile into these now instead of listening to this lot prattle on. By bringing them onto the show it is their attempt at keeping the audience on the channel and not have thousands switch off and go online.

What is fucking infuriating is them not looking at improving their content post-match, with pundits not following a narrative and having done a bit of basic homework on the teams they are talking about. Instead, they just invite the uninitiated into the studio with them, compounding the issue even more.

Also totally commercial decision. A big threat to broadcasting companies is the rise of fanTV, I don't have figures and they may be only small now but nonetheless, thousands of fans now pile into these now instead of listening to this lot prattle on. By bringing them onto the show it is their attempt at keeping the audience on the channel and not have thousands switch off and go online.

What is fucking infuriating is them not looking at improving their content post-match, with pundits not following a narrative and having done a bit of basic homework on the teams they are talking about. Instead, they just invite the uninitiated into the studio with them, compounding the issue even more.
To be fair they have changed the format of that show from having a load of fan content, mainly video match reports, to having just a couple of them asking questions of the panel. It's much improved with some genuine insight emerging...for instance Michael Owen actually came out with something interesting the other week...

To be fair they have changed the format of that show from having a load of fan content, mainly video match reports, to having just a couple of them asking questions of the panel. It's much improved with some genuine insight emerging...for instance Michael Owen actually came out with something interesting the other week...
Get the fuck..... Michael Owen? Intreasting? Fan interaction? I refuse to believe it.

Good to hear they've binned off no-mark fans with a camera but they are still feeling the need to engage with the fans with the biggest social media following.

Personally, I can't stand it. It's become a platform for the same faces to talk about themselves, or each other every week. They still talk about the "golden generation", Lampard vs Gerrard, Owen and McManaman's experiences at Madrid and Owens goals (even though he never scored more than 20 league goals in a season in almost 20 years = overhyped, over-rated beyond belief). I caught all the fallout of his outpouring last week, my feeling is so what? It and he are irrelevant.

Just need a broadcaster to grow some balls and pick a pundit and/or an analysis that knows their shit. Why not have two people in the studio dedicated to each side that's playing. They effectively play manager, it's their job to have analysed their respective teams and respective opposition (just as if they were actually going to play). Pre-game they can communicate what they expect from "their" side and the oppo. Half-time talk about how their team are playing (good, bad, surprising for both sides) and what to expect from 2nd half. Then rinse and repeat at full-time. Another idea, why not have these two opposing "managers" sit apart. Not hear what each has to say and plan. Only bring them into the room together for post-match.

The way it's going it just needs Jeremy Kyle to present the show instead, invite the player/manager/owner of a past club on and let the revelations begin, might even have to get the bouncer on to pull them apart. Kyle will be on hand to put his arm around the distraught footballer who struggled being left out of the squad for being average (Owen was nothing more than average across his career).

Also can't stand that lanky streak of piss Jake Humphrey's and his constant education on how fans should or should not behave with his plastic moral standards.

Annnd, breathe.......

Good to hear they've binned off no-mark fans with a camera but they are still feeling the need to engage with the fans with the biggest social media following.

Personally, I can't stand it. It's become a platform for the same faces to talk about themselves, or each other every week. They still talk about the "golden generation", Lampard vs Gerrard, Owen and McManaman's experiences at Madrid and Owens goals (even though he never scored more than 20 league goals in a season in almost 20 years = overhyped, over-rated beyond belief). I caught all the fallout of his outpouring last week, my feeling is so what? It and he are irrelevant.

Just need a broadcaster to grow some balls and pick a pundit and/or an analysis that knows their shit. Why not have two people in the studio dedicated to each side that's playing. They effectively play manager, it's their job to have analysed their respective teams and respective opposition (just as if they were actually going to play). Pre-game they can communicate what they expect from "their" side and the oppo. Half-time talk about how their team are playing (good, bad, surprising for both sides) and what to expect from 2nd half. Then rinse and repeat at full-time. Another idea, why not have these two opposing "managers" sit apart. Not hear what each has to say and plan. Only bring them into the room together for post-match.

The way it's going it just needs Jeremy Kyle to present the show instead, invite the player/manager/owner of a past club on and let the revelations begin, might even have to get the bouncer on to pull them apart. Kyle will be on hand to put his arm around the distraught footballer who struggled being left out of the squad for being average (Owen was nothing more than average across his career).

Also can't stand that lanky streak of piss Jake Humphrey's and his constant education on how fans should or should not behave with his plastic moral standards.

Annnd, breathe.......
They had Mick McCarthy one week and he actually named names...otherwise it's the same old shit every week and Jake Humphrey is just a cunt...he was so annoying the night of the Spurs game I had to switch off...but fan content is down from 45 minutes to about 1...

They had Mick McCarthy one week and he actually named names...otherwise it's the same old shit every week and Jake Humphrey is just a cunt...he was so annoying the night of the Spurs game I had to switch off...but fan content is down from 45 minutes to about 1...
It's the "celeb wanna be" fan that is the thing that is unbearable. I've actually no issues with fans going on TV, or fans gaining a following on Twitter, it's all about the content for me.

We have our "own" selection to choose from on Twitter, for example, the funny, the informative from news aggregation to cold Stats to analytics and tactics. There are amateurs who know more and put more work into their content than the pros. Don't even have to agree with their take but appreciate their knowledge and their take on a game. Channel 4 were brave enough to go with Jimbo all those years ago, time for some more bravery from broadcasters again.

Humphrey, who I've never liked, scraped the barrel with his uneducated snipe at Spurs fans for trolling wheelchair when he injured himself at The Lane when playing for Bournemouth. What was nice was to witness the mainstream media come out in unison to have a pop back at him for being a dick. His apology was all too late and hollow though, he's a cunt.

Back
Top Bottom