Goldbridge, dick head, OK geezer or an elaborate parody?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dick or parody

• Dick

Votes: 54 42.5%
  • Parody

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • A decent chap

Votes: 30 23.6%

• Total voters

"I rate Harry Kane and have always said he's World Class despite "some" critics. But would I swap him for Martial? No. Kane is a typical selfish striker who needs lots of chances. Martial is an all rounder like Firmino who works hard to create and allow others to score = Complete "

Harry Kane - 6 assists in 4 games.
:kaneshh:

It's fucking incredible how a false narrative can take hold and forms opinion.

If you love football and appreciate it by watching other games of football from different leagues and around the World there is no way you are going to have this view. It's really, really easy to spot a true plastic football fan, someone who doesn't watch anything outside of the prism of their "own" club.

If you love football and appreciate it by watching other games of football from different leagues and around the World there is no way you are going to have this view. It's really, really easy to spot a true plastic football fan, someone who doesn't watch anything outside of the prism of their "own" club.
its not a credible view.

I can understand Woolwich fans saying abu is better than Kane. Theyre wrong but i can understand how club bias would foster that view. Martial though in any planet is not on the same level as Kane. He just isnt.

If Martial is hard working, it would make Adebayor look industrious.

Martial is as one dimensional, and one trick pony as you get. All about dribbling , and placing the ball to the right corner, and his finishing technique is just above the average. Over half of his goal is same old finishing technique. Slow to release the shot, and often than not stumbling 1vs1 with keeper. He doesn't take penalty anymore because just like Rashford, Pogba, he sucks at it, and too fragile to handle when he misses. If you count running into the box and diving as creating, then I may concede. And when he's fatigued, you have a player who doesn't do nothing on the pitch. Has no aerial ability or presence. You don't sub your main man off if he can score or create beside injury and when the game is dead.

Thick Manc.

Last edited:

Of topic some, but I thoroughly reject your definition of a "plastic fan"....

"plastic FOOTBALL fan", is different from a "plastic CLUB (*insert club name of choice) fan.

Sure, i still reject the idea that a fan is plastic cos they don't watch a predetermined amount of other clubs games.

That's nouveau footy bollocks.

Sure, i still reject the idea that a fan is plastic cos they don't watch a predetermined amount of other clubs games.

That's nouveau footy bollocks.
I didn't say that.

I'm saying anyone that has an affection for the "game" can acknowledge how good any players are from other clubs. For those who solely watch football from the prism of their own club leaves them blinkered to a wider appreciation of everything outside of their club.

Goldbridge (not even his real name) is a classic example of this. (In fact he's far worse because he's not even a Utd fan but a supposedly a Forrest fan(??). He exists solely for the click, response and youtube view, the very definition of Plastic). Take narratives and runs with them, explodes them to his an audience that rinse and repeat them until they are embedded as fact.

It's all fake, it's plastic as fuck.

He seems harmless enough, albeit a bit of a melt. It was enjoyable watching him fall apart during this.

There’s a Chelsea fan called Rory who is much, much worse who appears on the True Geordie ‘watch a longs’. He is a complete and utter bellend. He was so incredibly bitter about Mourinho joining Spurs.

I didn't say that.

Hmmmm.... Kinda did tbf.

I'm saying anyone that has an affection for the "game" can acknowledge how good any players are from other clubs. For those who solely watch football from the prism of their own club leaves them blinkered to a wider appreciation of everything outside of their club.

Goldbridge (not even his real name) is a classic example of this. (In fact he's far worse because he's not even a Utd fan but a supposedly a Forrest fan(??). He exists solely for the click, response and youtube view, the very definition of Plastic). Take narratives and runs with them, explodes them to his an audience that rinse and repeat them until they are embedded as fact.

It's all fake, it's plastic as fuck.

Well your point is clear now at least, but you're still putting a big personal twist on the term "plastic fan".....

I'd just call that being a youtube/twitter wanker..... That's not one and the same as to what defines a "plastic fan".

Plastics are generally defined as fairweather/glory hunter types and/or those that have little commitment to supporting their team.

I may be a season ticket holder; watch no other games and thus only see the game through a partisan perspective ("prism") of my club..... Doesn’t make me a plastic.

Hmmmm.... Kinda did tbf.

Well your point is clear now at least, but you're still putting a big personal twist on the term "plastic fan".....

I'd just call that being a youtube/twitter wanker.

Plastics are generally defined as fairweather/glory hunter types and/or those that have little commitment to supporting their team.

I may be a season ticket holder; watch no other games and thus only see the game through a partisan perspective ("prism") of my club..... Doesn’t make me a plastic.
It doesn't and wouldn't say a thing against that. I would however if that individual started to talk about other players, clubs, countries that they clearly knew nothing about, on account that they don't know anything about because they don't watch any other games.

Back
Top Bottom