Good article on soccer in USA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Greeks had a word for it
200px_Ephesians_2_12_Greek_atheos.jpg

The Greek word αθεοι (atheoi), as it appears in the Epistle to the Ephesians (2:12) on the early 3rd-century Papyrus 46. It is usually translated into English as "(those who are) without God".

History not your strong point either?
:roflmao:
What's even more preposterous is Jayc1 Jayc1 's notion that nobody rejected the concept of God before the 1800s. He seems to be confusing the idea of atheism as a socially acknowledged train of thought with the concept that atheism is rooted in. It is absolutely without question that people have lived their lives on this planet throughout history with either a rejection of God & religion or simply it not forming a part of their lives. I'm convinced that he's trolling in this thread, otherwise he might want to request a refund of his university fees.

Jesus Philly you're a douchebag in this thread
I can't be arsed to read the whole thread, but as its about Americans following football............
Phillyhotspur is the posterboy for most Brits jaundiced views on Americans following football, because his views (by and large) are so utterly cringeworthy and and annoying.
On top of it all he appears to be a bit of a tit.
I had to put him on ignore as I despair of seeing his asinine comments about about a sport that he clearly doesn't understand and his robust defence of the garbage that he pukes all over threads.
I have no doubt that a Brit would be viewed in a similar manner if they went onto a baseball newsgroup and started to spout nonsense about the game and trying to get involved in threads about the technicality of the game or qualities of players based on a similarly tenuous grip of the sport.
On the flip side, there are also a lot of British posters who talk crap about the sport as well, so we as a nation are not blameless.

I feel you on getting burned out with football. Though I stopped caring when the Rams left Los Angeles, I'm with you with watching college football. It's just a big ball of wasted time and getting harder and harder to watch. Also, congrats on your new NASL team. I hope it succeeds.
Thanks man appreciate it. First season was a smashing success. The team only one two or three matches but sold out every game and led the league in attendance. They're building on to the existing stadium to increase capacity and talks of their own stadium are increasing. Right now they're stuck using IUPUI's track/soccer stadium

The Yinzer The Yinzer aren't you going to call him a racist and go on your rants, like you did yesterday?

Of course you're fucking not, because it's not anti-American. Double standards.
I'm not going to engage with you again on any topic. You are obviously someone who merely tries to stir shit up. Respond to this, have one sided conversations with me, whatever you want. You win this and everything else. Ever and always.

To all others, sorry for ruining this thread.

I can't be arsed to read the whole thread, but as its about Americans following football............
Phillyhotspur is the posterboy for most Brits jaundiced views on Americans following football, because his views (by and large) are so utterly cringeworthy and and annoying.
On top of it all he appears to be a bit of a tit.
I had to put him on ignore as I despair of seeing his asinine comments about about a sport that he clearly doesn't understand and his robust defence of the garbage that he pukes all over threads.
I have no doubt that a Brit would be viewed in a similar manner if they went onto a baseball newsgroup and started to spout nonsense about the game and trying to get involved in threads about the technicality of the game or qualities of players based on a similarly tenuous grip of the sport.
On the flip side, there are also a lot of British posters who talk crap about the sport as well, so we as a nation are not blameless.
If your gonna ignore me, at least have the cahones to not piss n moan about me and directly call me out to others like a whiny tit. I'm here to support Spurs and have no hate for no man especially fellow Spurs supporters. Yeah , I like to tussle from time to time here n that's the point of the forum sometimes. Get a drink n chill

Last edited:
If your gonna ignore me, at least have the cahones to not piss n moan about me and directly call me out to others like a whiny tit. I'm here to support Spurs and have no hate for no man especially fellow Spurs supporters. Yeah , I like to tussle from time to time here n that's the point of the forum sometimes. Get a drink n chill
Cheese whiz isn't real cheese and has no place on a sandwich:adeohshit:

"At the 2014-15 season midpoint, NBC Sports Group’s average Premier League viewership is up 15% (to 479,000 viewers) from last season, with the Adults 18-49 demographic up 24% (to 284,000 viewers). Manchester United’s 2-1 victory over Woolwich on November 22 on NBC averaged 1.4 million viewers to rank as the most-watched live Premier League match in U.S. history. Since kicking off its Premier League coverage in August 2013, NBC Sports Group has aired seven of the 10 most-watched live PL telecasts ever in the U.S.

Following are the highest-rated U.S. markets for Premier League coverage for the first half of the 2014-15 season (average across all games on NBC and NBCSN):

1. Washington DC

2. New York

3. Philadelphia

4. Boston

5. Denver

6. Miami

7. Providence

8. Columbus, OH

9. Albuquerque

10. Dallas"

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...highlights-first-2015-premier-league-weekend/

Back
Top Bottom