Greatest Goal Seen at the Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My brother rang me that morning telling me he had a spare and do i want it?
I had agreed to help a mate move,and it only being Wigan, and probably not be much of a game i turned it down........................................

Story of my life
I got to the game, but for some reason I'd got seats in North Upper. Also, unusually we kicked off playing towards the North. My other half used to joke at HT's when in the South, that as long as we were level we'd win as almost all the goals seemed to be scored at the North. 8 in the South v Wigan that day!

The 2 best goals I saw in the flesh were not at WHL but Wembley. Ricky Villa in 1981 and Gazza's free kick in 1991. Difficult to pick the most outstanding at WHL but the 2 most important were the 2 winners for the UEFA cup being Mullery in 1972 against Wolves and Graham Roberts in 1984. I was at both matches.

archibald winner against notts county in 1983/4. tap in from about a yard. but it was my first game, so it was better than any other i saw.

Rose against the scum wins it for me. Gomes was an unsung hero for that goal, the man ran to the halfway line from his goal to instruct Danny to move back and position himself better before the corner was taken. I remember because I was shit scared that he wasn't gonna make it back to the goal quick enough in the event of a scum counter from the corner but I can't complain on how it turned out in the end.

Best I've seen live was kanoutes volley against Everton in 2003 I think it was out of no where that or hoddle v forest

I was right behind Liam Brady's swervy goal against us in that 5-0 defeat. You had to admire it.
My old man used to talk reverently about Jimmy Greaves's goal against Leicester. He went around five players I think. He never missed a home game in 30 years.

Slightly off key....anyone remember Chivers trying to score from the halfway line, right at the start of the second half at home to Newcastle in April '76?
It was his final game for us.

Poyet's goal against Derby stands out for me, got on the end of a defensive error and first timed it over the keeper.

Back
Top Bottom