GYLFI SIGURÐSSON TO SPURS....DONE!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: GYLFI SIGURDSSON TO SPURS....DONE!

LOL RAWK have have decided nothing happened. Not surprising though, I'm sure none of them would have any of our players, their lot are just so much better.

What an insufferable bunch of whiny little cunts the dippers are.

brick said:
penpen said:
Sean said:

His shooting/dead ball ability we hear about a lot but I've been more interested in his creativity/vision if it turns out we are losing Modric this year.

I really doubt that he's seen as modric's replacement though

YidoBuckler said:
Dru said:
So we are assuming Modric is gone and he is ahead of Hudd?

If we use the 2 players for each position I would have in basic terms:

DM - Sandro, Parker
CM - Modric, Huddlestone
AM - VDV, Sigurdsson

Not a bad 6 to cover each other and rotate in my eyes with Livermore there as well. Midfield 3's would look like this...

Parker Modric (first choice)
.......VDV

Sandro Hudd (second choice)
........Sig

I think this post describes how it'd work and I've seen articles elsewhere saying that AVB sets up his midfields in a 4-3-3 in a similar fashion though I imagine Modric will be replaced by either oscar or moutinho.

I'm not saying he's a straight replacement for Modric, it's that without Modric we will need additional creativity in midfield to come from somewhere to compensate. From what I've heard, Moutinho (if we do somehow get him) is somewhat less creative than Modric, so I am hopeful that nevertheless a pairing with Siggy might compensate for that.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/brynjarerluson/status/220870443664543744[/tweet]

Or he joined because we have the likes of Bale, Walker, Kaboul and the dippers have Downing, Henderson and Adam

bensonrecon said:

Or he joined because we have the likes of Bale, Walker, Kaboul and the dippers have Downing, Henderson and Adam

What a cunt! Spurs played the best football I've seen from them last season. How many games did Liverpool actually win at Anfield? And yes spurs are known for spending big every transfer window aren't they and paying high wages.

Joe Cole 100k a-week? £35mil for Andy Carroll?

SadlerTHFC said:
bensonrecon said:

What a cunt! Spurs played the best football I've seen from them last season. How many games did Liverpool actually win at Anfield? And yes spurs are known for spending big every transfer window aren't they and paying high wages.

Joe Cole 100k a-week? £35mil for Andy Carroll?

Not to forget the £20mil(?) they payed for Jordan Henderson.

bensonrecon said:

He_mad.jpg

Brendan Rodgers: "I believed playing football would be most important to him (Sigurdsson) but obviously it was important financially.

I think it was more important to not play alongside the 100M pound shower of shit that you inherited, and dont seem to be making any effort to overhaul.

Congratulations on fitting right in with the victim mentality of your fanbase. Heres what you said in February when you signed a new deal at Swansea:

"I'm delighted to sign the new deal," said 39-year-old Rodgers.

"I've been very pleased with my work over the last 19 months.

"I can only promise that over the next three and a half years I will continue to fight for the club and its people to help us become a sustainable Premier League club.

"I very much appreciate what Swansea as a city, a club and supporters have given me and my family over the last 19 months, so signing the new contract was one of the easiest decisions of my life.

"My determination to bring more and continued success on and off the pitch is an on-going process.

"I couldn't have dreamt of things going much better when I came into the club. You are normally judged objectively over time, but I was aware that I needed to make an impact in a much shorter period.

"However, both the club and myself have grown hand in hand."

Three months later, you abandoned them. How much did finances play in that decision. You cunt.

The biggest reason that Rodgers is talking out of his arse is that the move wasn't just about money. If the player wants to play good football then there is no better side at the moment than us to play that good football, as stated by last year's Premier League Managers Association poll, which Mr. Rodgers himself voted in, and which came out at a huge 75%.

So, at the end of the day, is there any real case for saying that Liverpool play better football than us? No, I think not. Race is Brendan. You joined the next Nottingham Forest.

Dear Mr Rodgers, you seem like a nice bloke but please don't go all sour grapes on us just because Gylfi may have bought AVB's vision over yours. I find it hard to believe that a massive club like Liverpool (not being sarcastic there) can't afford to match wages with Spurs.

Perhaps Rogers is bitter because he hoped to become the new Spurs manager, and he now sees players choosing us over the second best club in Liverpool?

Norwegian Jim said:
Perhaps Rogers is bitter because he hoped to become the new Spurs manager, and he now sees players choosing us over the second best club in Liverpool?
Well, looks like he may have been impatient and went with the first club who offered him a bigger salary. :akabusi:

GYLFI SIGURDSSON TO SPURS....DONE!

Siggy siggy siggy can't you see
Sometimes your skillz just hypnotize me
And i just love your Icelandic ways
Guess that's why they broke and you so paid, uh

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7850 ... n-magazine

Feel free to bookmark this and shove it in the face of anyone whining about our wages. In terms of football clubs, our average wages are far, far below United, City, Woolwich, Chelsea (no surprises there) but also far below Liverpool, and even below Villa. Looking overseas, we offer lower wages than Juvenuts, Roma and even Schalke, and slightly more than Valencia and Dortmund.

penpen said:
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7850531/espn-magazine-sportingintelligence-global-salary-survey-espn-magazine

Feel free to bookmark this and shove it in the face of anyone whining about our wages. In terms of football clubs, our average wages are far, far below United, City, Woolwich, Chelsea (no surprises there) but also far below Liverpool, and even below Villa. Looking overseas, we offer lower wages than Juvenuts, Roma and even Schalke, and slightly more than Valencia and Dortmund.

How's our average wage higher than the reported wage cap?

Rank - Lst yr - Team - League - Annual Pay - Average Pay - % change - Total Payroll
51 - 110 - Tottenham Hotspur - EPL - $3,809,476 - $73,256 - 61 - $95,236,903 (55)

edit: moreover, if those numbers are too be believed -- that our payroll has risen 61% over last year -- that would mean that our total payroll was around 60 million last year, which is way too low.

These numbers are a bit fishy.

Back
Top Bottom