GYLFI SIGURÐSSON TO SPURS....DONE!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: GYLFI SIGURDSSON TO SPURS....DONE!

VirginiaSpur said:
penpen said:
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7850531/espn-magazine-sportingintelligence-global-salary-survey-espn-magazine

Feel free to bookmark this and shove it in the face of anyone whining about our wages. In terms of football clubs, our average wages are far, far below United, City, Woolwich, Chelsea (no surprises there) but also far below Liverpool, and even below Villa. Looking overseas, we offer lower wages than Juvenuts, Roma and even Schalke, and slightly more than Valencia and Dortmund.

How's our average wage higher than the reported wage cap?

Rank - Lst yr - Team - League - Annual Pay - Average Pay - % change - Total Payroll
51 - 110 - Tottenham Hotspur - EPL - $3,809,476 - $73,256 - 61 - $95,236,903 (55)

Because it's in a different currency. Our players wages are paid in Pound Sterling and so is the wage cap, the figures in that article are Dollars (US I assume)

Fuck, you're right, i'm an idiot. So used to thinking of Spurs in pounds that it just didn't even occur to me.

Even still, our payroll didn't rise 61% over last year, that number is broken.

Is there any news on what number Gylfi will be wearing, or is that not unveiled until later? I hope he doesn't stick to 42 like at Swansea, not sure exactly why, but I just don't like players having numbers above 29.

With regards to wages, I would imaging most players had a CL clause in their contract, so your wages go up along side our turnover as a result of getting into the champions league. Just a guess, but the wage bill ballooned and I don't remember all that many players getting new contracts in the summer before getting into the CL. Guess we'll be able to tell when this seasons numbers are released.

Raitei said:
With regards to wages, I would imaging most players had a CL clause in their contract, so your wages go up along side our turnover as a result of getting into the champions league. Just a guess, but the wage bill ballooned and I don't remember all that many players getting new contracts in the summer before getting into the CL. Guess we'll be able to tell when this seasons numbers are released.
I assumed CL qualification would bring with it a bonus payment, rather than a salary increase. I can't see Levy ever having to agreed to the latter as just one year in the CL could commit the club to paying extra wages for years on end.

Smoked Salmon said:
Raitei said:
I assumed CL qualification would bring with it a bonus payment, rather than a salary increase. I can't see Levy ever having to agreed to the latter as just one year in the CL could commit the club to paying extra wages for years on end.

That's essentially what I was going for, just didn't put it across correctly.

Not sure the exact time frame applies for that chart, but we have signed mainly older players in the past year or two, who I believe have wages on the higher end (part of the Redknapp experience): Gallas, Pienaar, Saha, Ade. And yes, the CL bonuses.

Nice vid,

I always find it interesting how Scandinavians seem to pick up local accents so well....

Dru said:
Nice vid,

I always find it interesting how Scandinavians seem to pick up local accents so well....
I think you mean that it's interesting how Scandinavians seem to shed their accents so well.

Fucking love the video. The boys all look up for it. The mood looks positive. I'm buzzing.

uhm uhm Dru, most scandinavians can hardly speak english, atleast norwegians, so yeah! But the ones who are capable are usually decent at picking up accents!

Back
Top Bottom