Gylfi Sigurðsson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seeing as both Siggy & Dempsey were brought in with the unenviable task of replacing VdV... i'd say Siggy has at least shown a LITTLE of the form he showed at Swansea...

Dempsey on the other hand, may as well have been a totally different player from the one he was at Fulham, and sadly, is fast falling into the Ruel Fox/Chris Armstrong/Bobby Zamora/Andy Sinton category of an attacking midfielder/striker tearing it up at a 'smaller' club, then finding he's woefully out of his depth when he makes the step up... (and some may say Parker is in danger of joining him... wonderful at West Ham & Charlton, yet hardly got a game at Chelsea, and now he is playing more regularly for us, looks spent!)
...I realise it's hard to say it, when people's careers and dreams of playing at the highest level are on the line, but some players should realise their limitations, and stay put...
The grass isn't always greener... eh Luka? :modric:

Surely if we want to be top 4 we HAVE to do better than him.

Bang average. Even if he is playing better.

I'm close to agreeing that we would need to have better to get in and stay in that top 4.

Then you have to look at the finances and what the club is trying to do off the pitch. Sigurdsson was in what I would call the middle price bracket, around £10m I think? We probably can't afford to spend that much on many players without flogging off our top ones. Until we have a new stadium we will have to punch above our weight to get in that top 4 spot.

Sigurdsson is a solid player, not an automatic starter and not a top, top player. But he does have good technical ability, has a decent record of scoring goals in the premier league and is still young, so has the potential to grow and improve with time.

Surely if we want to be top 4 we HAVE to do better than him.

Bang average. Even if he is playing better.

Completely disagree with you. I would say is good for right now, better than average. He is also very young and he has shown he has potential, great potential. I expect Siggy to be an every game starter at the start of the 2015 season, not this upcoming season. Siggy has gotten better every single game. Siggy is proving how good he can be while shooting. I expect Siggy to be a very, very good player in 3-4 years. But he is good enough to play significant, if not starting, minutes at a top 4 club.

Completely disagree with you. I would say is good for right now, better than average. He is also very young and he has shown he has potential, great potential. I expect Siggy to be an every game starter at the start of the 2015 season, not this upcoming season. Siggy has gotten better every single game. Siggy is proving how good he can be while shooting. I expect Siggy to be a very, very good player in 3-4 years. But he is good enough to play significant, if not starting, minutes at a top 4 club.

You are saying his name far too much. Do you want me to view him as a human rather than a player?

I'm sure he's a nice fella, just not my cup of tea.

Could he be viewed as a dancer instead of a human?

31041138.jpg

The kid's got talent, I can see it in him. He will be a superstar in a couple of years, mark my words.

I reckon we should give him a go in his preferred position, that being in the hole. Don't like playing him on the left, I feel we'll see the very best of him if we play him in his preferred position.

The kid's got talent, I can see it in him. He will be a superstar in a couple of years, mark my words.

I reckon we should give him a go in his preferred position, that being in the hole. Don't like playing him on the left, I feel we'll see the very best of him if we play him in his preferred position.
I'm never one to pass up on posting one of my favourite gifs.

Glyfi Sigurðsson arrived at Spurs in a cloud of mystery. Poached from under Liverpool’s noses, he was initially seen as direct competition for fan favourite Rafa Van der Vaart, but as the year progressed so did his role. Players left White Hart Lane, but more significantly for Siggy, players arrived. Mousa Demebele, Clint Dempsey and Lewis Holtby all had an affect on the Icelanders role, confidence and playing time. After an average start to the 2012/13 season where Dempsey and [...]

Continue reading...

I'll still remember for his goals against chelsea,everton, basel and inter milan, he got us out of some real scrapes last season, with some stunning equalising goals, i think once he started in the squad he was a cracking player, he just needed to be played more, hopefully he gets a starting role in the 13/14 season

Big fan of Sigurdsson and believe he has a bright future.

If we start the season with him the left attacker in the front 3 I would be very happy

I liked him at Reading, I thought he was great at Swansea, I had faith he would come good.

Completely underwhelming first half to the season but IMHO by the end of the year he was ahead of Dempsey

Gylfi could have had a fair few more goals last season....or at least I remember him hitting the post more times than the rest of the team combined!!

Back
Top Bottom