Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone would have had doubts about him at the beginning. But seriously, he's just below world-class? Give your head a wobble. Everything about him is world-class, his ability and his mentality.
Everything? Nope, not his consistency and ability to single handedly drag his team over the line in crunch matches.

We’ve never crossed that line with Kane in numerous semis, finals and title pushes.

Swap Kane for a prime Bale 2012, or Bergkamp, or Henry (spit) or Kluivertin the Leicester season though, I see a title in the cabinet.

You can put him up against Rashford and Bamford and a 50yr old Aguero if you want, that’s not how I judge world class

Where are you going?

Obviously no player is good in every match... so the best way to analyse a player is by looking at all of his performances?
And we have stats to do that, ie goals per game. Furthermore anyone who can understand football can see that beyond goals per game, his passing is phenomenal.
I haven’t said in every match though
I’ve said on numerous posts that I think Kane is at his best for at most 1/3 of a season, and good for 1/2 a season overall.

That means I think he’s average to poor for about half a season despite being able to contribute in some of those games.

This does not mean he should be peak for 60 games. But even at his best, he was still missing sitters between August and October when he started his season, three months behind everyone else.

But naaaah, not costly at all

The born-again mellow, Kumbaya-singing Sammy hasn't posted for a while, hope he's OK

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Everything? Nope, not his consistency and ability to single handedly drag his team over the line in crunch matches.

We’ve never crossed that line with Kane in numerous semis, finals and title pushes.

Swap Kane for a prime Bale 2012, or Bergkamp, or Henry (spit) or Kluivertin the Leicester season though, I see a title in the cabinet.

You can put him up against Rashford and Bamford and a 50yr old Aguero if you want, that’s not how I judge world class
You're just here to troll, aren't you? You're as much of a Spurs fan as Piers Morgan is. I'm done.

Okay, provide some statistical evidence of this. 👍
There aren’t any charts that say “this week Kane baubled about and did fuck all”

I watched him down the years.
West Ham the other week was not a one off. It was the same level since Palace right up until Burnley

Can you provide the statical eveidence where Kane has dragged us to silverware?
Has he ever even scored in a semi final or final for us?

I’m a Spurs fan and will be when Kane leaves.
Feel free to follow him
Byeeeee

Go easy on the drugs or else you won't be a fan of anything for much longer. I'm genuinely concerned about you.

And anyone that uses "Byeeee" is clearly about 12 and just attention seeking. Cretin.

There aren’t any charts that say “this week Kane baubled about and did fuck all”
Yes there are actually, you could research and find out if he has more games where he didn't score at all compared to other strikers you said he was worse than such as Van Nistelrooy.

Can you provide the statical eveidence where Kane has dragged us to silverware?
Van Nistelrooy, Aguero, Berbatov all played at some point for teams that were the best team in the country.
If Kane does what Berbatov does and walks out on us for the best team in the PL, he would win tonnes of trophies with Man City.

Yes there are actually, you could research and find out if he has more games where he didn't score at all compared to other strikers you said he was worse than such as Van Nistelrooy.

Van Nistelrooy, Aguero, Berbatov all played at some point for teams that were the best team in the country.
If Kane does what Berbatov does and walks out on us for the best team in the PL, he would win tonnes of trophies with Man City.
I watch games.
If you saw him in the CL final, you’d know

Your views are certainly consistent, but I'm not sure they qualify as either coherent or objective.
Why aren’t they objective?
Because I’m able to admit one of Spurs most important players can have bad games?

How is that even in your thought process when you’re the one who is pretending Kane doesn’t regularly put in a lame shift despite doing for about 14 of the last 16 games

CL final he shouldn't have started as he was rusty after having not played for ages. I think the vast majority of players are not back to their best immediately after an injury of more than a few months.
And that has happened every season since what 2017?
And then we have to watch Kane bauble about for 12 weeks using Spurs matches as rehab, but yeah, pretend that doesn’t occur

Why aren’t they objective?
Because I’m able to admit one of Spurs most important players can have bad games?

How is that even in your thought process when you’re the one who is pretending Kane doesn’t regularly put in a lame shift despite doing for about 14 of the last 16 games
Of course everyone can have bad games.
However, in his overall career, his goals per game ratio is better than other strikers you claimed he is inferior too.

So given those stats represent an aggregate of ALL of his games, it's up to you to provide evidence that this is negated by the fact he blanks in many games. I haven't looked it up, but given his better goal/game ratio, I suspect he blanks in fewer games than Van Nistelrooy, Berbatov etc.

Back
Top Bottom