Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course everyone can have bad games.
However, in his overall career, his goals per game ratio is better than other strikers you claimed he is inferior too.

So given those stats represent an aggregate of ALL of his games, it's up to you to provide evidence that this is negated by the fact he blanks in many games. I haven't looked it up, but given his better goal/game ratio, I suspect he blanks in fewer games than Van Nistelrooy, Berbatov etc.
I’ve not said Kane has poor numbers though, I’ve said he falls short because he has never dragged us over the line in key games, never scored in a semi or a final (I believe) or a crunch title challenge game or one that can solidify our place in the table at least, to go top or keep us there etc

And I’ve pointed to large inconsistencies over the seasons

Those players I’ve mentioned all had different skill sets or mentalities etc that I think would have us achieve things here in the last years we came so close where Kane couldn’t

Why is this so fucking controversial

Of course everyone can have bad games.
However, in his overall career, his goals per game ratio is better than other strikers you claimed he is inferior too.

So given those stats represent an aggregate of ALL of his games, it's up to you to provide evidence that this is negated by the fact he blanks in many games. I haven't looked it up, but given his better goal/game ratio, I suspect he blanks in fewer games than Van Nistelrooy, Berbatov etc.

Don't encourage him. There's no end to it. He's found something that'll get him attention and he won't let it go now. He's basically adopting the position of a Kane hating Woolwich fan. He may have been once but he's not a Spurs fan anymore.

There aren’t any charts that say “this week Kane baubled about and did fuck all”

I watched him down the years.
West Ham the other week was not a one off. It was the same level since Palace right up until Burnley

Can you provide the statical eveidence where Kane has dragged us to silverware?
Has he ever even scored in a semi final or final for us?
original_252429163.jpg

I’ve not said Kane has poor numbers though...

And I’ve pointed to large inconsistencies over the seasons
Large inconsistencies would show up in the numbers though, that's the point. If Kane has fewer games where he doesn't score or assist at all than Berbatov/ RVN etc., then it's hard to argue he is more inconsistent.

I’ve said he falls short because he has never dragged us over the line in key games, never scored in a semi or a final (I believe) or a crunch title challenge game
We've never had a 'crunch title challenge game' because we've never realistically been in a title race. Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, and even recently Liverpool have spent absolutely tonnes of cash, and have a more expensive XI and squad.
We're lucky that one of our youth players like Kane turned out to be so good, which explains why we've been punching above our weight relative to the small amount of cash we've spent.

Don't encourage him. There's no end to it. He's found something that'll get him attention and he won't let it go now. He's basically adopting the position of a Kane hating Woolwich fan. He may have been once but he's not a Spurs fan anymore.
Spurs fan who wants Spurs to fail and win nothing so the manager gets sacked and despises the chairman and 95% of the players thinks he’s a proper fan because someone else thinks Gareth Bale is better than Harry Kane

This week in measuring 'world class' ability - how many semi-final goals have you scored?

Next week's measure - you haven't outscored Messi or Ronaldo, are you even worth playing ?

This whole world class discussion is so fucking stupid. Can’t we just enjoy how Kane can leave us fans in awe without micro-analyzing whether he’s better than players that don’t even play anymore?? Can’t wait til he inevitably scores in a final and we win a cup, shutting the doubters up in the process.

This whole world class discussion is so fucking stupid. Can’t we just enjoy how Kane can leave us fans in awe without micro-analyzing whether he’s better than players that don’t even play anymore?? Can’t wait til he inevitably scores in a final and we win a cup, shutting the doubters up in the process.

what doubters mate ? SammySpurs and notabadsquad you mean ? The only 2 Spurs fans on the planet that doesn’t think Kane is world class. Trust me, 99.9% of us all appreciate his brilliance and let’s be honest, so do the vast majority of rival football fans. The only ones that don’t are the bitter ones that can’t accept it. Harry Kane is a world class striker, it’s as simple as that. Everything in his game, his stats and what he brings to the team screams world class. He is world class 100% and is better than 75% of the footballers the other 2 are trying to bring up.

You have to somewhat admire his spirit and determination though, even if his opinion and logic is ridiculous.

It reminds me of the time my friends took the piss out of me as a kid for having Bull Boys shoes that were endorsed by Gareth Southgate, and for weeks I argued that everyone and their Nan was wrong, and I convinced myself that they almost gave me superpowers or something. Say anything often enough and you'l actually convince yourself that you're not talking absolute bollocks.

Everything? Nope, not his consistency and ability to single handedly drag his team over the line in crunch matches.

We’ve never crossed that line with Kane in numerous semis, finals and title pushes.

Swap Kane for a prime Bale 2012, or Bergkamp, or Henry (spit) or Kluivertin the Leicester season though, I see a title in the cabinet.

You can put him up against Rashford and Bamford and a 50yr old Aguero if you want, that’s not how I judge world class
was modric and bale not world class before they went to madrid? they won nothing with us either

what doubters mate ? SammySpurs and notabadsquad you mean ? The only 2 Spurs fans on the planet that doesn’t think Kane is world class. Trust me, 99.9% of us all appreciate his brilliance and let’s be honest, so do the vast majority of rival football fans. The only ones that don’t are the bitter ones that can’t accept it. Harry Kane is a world class striker, it’s as simple as that. Everything in his game, his stats and what he brings to the team screams world class. He is world class 100% and is better than 75% of the footballers the other 2 are trying to bring up.
Of course we all believe he’s world class. Which is why this debate is so fucking stupid.

I’ve said he falls short because he has never dragged us over the line in key games, never scored in a semi or a final (I believe) or a crunch title challenge game or one that can solidify our place in the table at least, to go top or keep us there etc
What the actual fuck, mate?

What the actual fuck, mate?
Has he?
I’m genuinely asking.....has he scored in a final or semi?
I don’t think so, can look it up.
Did he score v Leicester at WHL? Scored in the battle of the bridge, but did he keep his team in check? Lead us to victory from 2-0 up?
Did he lead us to victory in the 2-2 against scum ten men, another lifeline?
Or West Ham? How many teams “ended” our title challenge.......? How many tries does Kane get help Spurs turn the corner?

Pretty sure Ronaldo would have made the difference in all those games

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom