Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's Man City, and has been since 2020, and isn't that much money.

For a 3 year deal left the idea one of the very best players in the World going to a premier league team is anything much under 150m with Levy isn't even worth considering. Levy will not be selling at 90-120m range not a chance.

It will only drop when he has 1-2 years left. So with that in mind you think City will stump £150m.

The ultimate conspiracy theory. Your paranoia is showing.

No conspiracy at all. Common knowledge clubs ask players to push for a move if they think the selling club will be reluctant. It's an absolute carbon copy of the Walker situation. It's the way City operate. A complete lack of respect for other clubs and a sense of entitlement. Just read this pile of shit from Micah Richards as he lists the players he wants Man City to buy, it's a who's who of world football, and the irony is that he doesn't even mention Kane:

The alternative to getting one of their valued players is the full cash asking price.
They're not gonna a get him for £60m and 3 shit players is what I'm getting at here.

They shouldn't do, doesn't mean it won't happen. City also don't have any genuinely shit player in their squad anyway. They are light years ahead of us now and plenty of players that don't get into their best 11 would definitely improve us.

Man City never should have existed in their current format their owners are abhorrent human beings sports washing needs to be stopped.
I've been boring on about this for years the utter fucking hypocrisy of Gary Nevile and Spit the dog fellating Man City whilst shrieking hysterically about the super league. Irony keeled over and died. Nothing Man City won is of any value. The only sad thing about aborting the super league was with all the scum (Chelsea ) in one place we would be shot of the financially doped vampire clubs* (City Chelsea PSG).

For a 3 year deal left the idea one of the very best players in the World going to a premier league team is anything much under 150m with Levy isn't even worth considering. Levy will not be selling at 90-120m range not a chance.

It will only drop when he has 1-2 years left. So with that in mind you think City will stump £150m.
If Kane wants to go to City and they fork over £150m then he's gone. But I don't think that will happen.

Still think he's here another year, but probably off next summer.

For a 3 year deal left the idea one of the very best players in the World going to a premier league team is anything much under 150m with Levy isn't even worth considering.

Fair points, certainly. It won't be £200M, and none of us know for sure the money.

But, I'm happy to revisit this at the start of the season, and see if he is in a City shirt.

They shouldn't do, doesn't mean it won't happen. City also don't have any genuinely shit player in their squad anyway. They are light years ahead of us now and plenty of players that don't get into their best 11 would definitely improve us.
Would they want to come here though?
Hard to admit it,but for someone who has been at City,we are not that great an option.

Gabriel Jesus would be an utter donkey here and under the circumstances would be the most hated footballer on planet earth.

It's a terrible idea and Jesus and his agent will know it.

It's a real problem that it is a cast-iron guarantee that whoever is the identified "Kane replacement" will be galactically, Torres-at-Chelsea horrendous next season. Striker is a really hard position to get right.

The club won’t end after Harry leaves. There was Tottenham before and there will be after him. But it’s a huge fucking blow
He's not leaving this summer.

This is going to be a case of Levy saying "Okay, you can leave if our price of 200m is met. Oh, City isn't interested anymore...? Okay then you have a contract that lasts until 2024 and we won't be bullied into selling you on the cheap."

Fair points, certainly. It won't be £200M, and none of us know for sure the money.

But, I'm happy to revisit this at the start of the season, and see if he is in a City shirt.

fair enough but I would be surprised anyone meeting Levy’s demands, Kane won’t be going unless it’s one of the biggest fees in history. Not with a 3 year deal. Levy doesn’t work like that, I’d be surprised anything below £150m and most likely higher. The following year then it will drop.

Yeah it just annoys me how everyone says he needs to move to win trophies, yet he has been anonymous in 2 finals, if he wasn't he could already have 2 trophies to his name!
The team was anonymous in 2 finals right?
He was also helpful in getting there.
Thanks to levy being appalling, we missed a chance to conquer and rule the league and Europe. Mismanaged club...sigh.

Back
Top Bottom