Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City were heavily linked to Messi last year. Do you think if they were linked the to greatest of all time, on the most money every, they couldn't afford Kane?
There's no way were City not up for the deal last year but Barcelona wouldn't sell.

Would they want to come here though?
Hard to admit it,but for someone who has been at City,we are not that great an option.

Probably not. I think Jesus might fancy being the "main" man, or one of them at least, if he's settled in England and has no real interest in playing elsewhere in Europe. Personally I'd take him if they didn't value him at a ridiculous price, but he's not a direct Kane replacement, that's for sure.

If Kane wants to go to City and they fork over £150m then he's gone. But I don't think that will happen.

Still think he's here another year, but probably off next summer.

For £150m i think Levy would be tempted, but he would probably want higher. I agree unless we get something insane I don’t see him going for 12 months.

Yeah it just annoys me how everyone says he needs to move to win trophies, yet he has been anonymous in 2 finals, if he wasn't he could already have 2 trophies to his name!
He didn't exactly 'Steven Gerrard' those finals did he.
Nor the semi, or quarter finals we won getting to later stages.

He's not leaving this summer.

This is going to be a case of Levy saying "Okay, you can leave if our price of 200m is met. Oh, City isn't interested anymore...? Okay then you have a contract that lasts until 2024 and we won't be bullied into selling you on the cheap."
I do tend to agree with this. Levy has over and over again proven willing to cut off his nose to spite his face and damage the club and his own bottom line to avoid admitting defeat in the moment.

But as much as Kane is a consummate pro and won't make a fuss, it will still be a mess next year.

Kane isn't the type of person to spread negativity if he stay here. So, put high pricetag, and make him stay. He'll play, get a fucking trophey cup or EL and try to convince him to be here for long term.

Probably not. I think Jesus might fancy being the "main" man, or one of them at least, if he's settled in England and has no real interest in playing elsewhere in Europe. Personally I'd take him if they didn't value him at a ridiculous sum, but he's not a direct Kane replacement, that's for sure.
If Jesus joined us, he'd be crucified🤣

What???

Too soon🤣

Yeah it just annoys me how everyone says he needs to move to win trophies, yet he has been anonymous in 2 finals, if he wasn't he could already have 2 trophies to his name!

I don't think he was match fit in either, but it was the managers that picked, not himself. People can say "Oh, well he's selfish and should have let someone else play" but that's absolute nonsense. No player is ever going to come out with such a thing in a final. We were also playing better sides in the finals, as to be expected, and we had less ball than we sometimes have and created less than we do against poorer sides.

If Kane goes to one of the bigger clubs in Europe you'll see him score in finals, of that I have no doubt.

Levy isn't going to refuse to sell Kane. Anyone convinced of that is deluded.
Levy is a scourge to this club we know this much. But he's not going to have an extremely valuable asset around for a year who doesn't earn their huge salary and watch as the value plummets.
Make no mistake, if Kane is serious about leaving he will be telling Levy "either you let me go or you lose me and the transfer fee"

He was also helpful in getting there
Did Not play the majority of the quarter final and was out of the semi final for the Champions league. Anyhow i'm not saying we should sell him as I will be gutted when he does go, but he along with everyone else who played in them finals are to blame for us not having any silver wear of late.

For £150m i think Levy would be tempted, but he would probably want higher. I agree unless we get something insane I don’t see him going for 12 months.
Welcome to my temple of Zen tranquility. It's peaceful here.

AgBhWHA.jpg

If Kane wants to leave and levy doesn’t let him (and it’s made into a big saga), we are going to have a harder time attracting talent.

Players will be cautious about signing with us (and our players may be concerned about extending contracts).

The only way I can understand the timing of such an announcement being authentic is if one of two things have happened.

1). There was a 'gentleman's agreement' between Harry and Daniel before the start of last season that he would stay but if it was an unsuccessful one then he would be allowed to leave provided an agreed minimum fee figure was offered by another club.

2). There is no clear strategy in selecting the new manager and therefore no plan for future squad ins and outs . Harry is not prepared to just sit and wait to see what happens and wants out.

Kane isn't the type of person to spread negativity if he stay here. So, put high pricetag, and make him stay. He'll play, get a fucking trophey cup or EL and try to convince him to be here for long term.
Kane also thinks he can play to his mid / late 30s at the highest level.
So what's the problem with him leaving at the end of his contract for free.. he will have broken all said records by then, will get a massive signing on fee, and will still have 4-5 good years ahead of him by his own estimations.

He might well go. And if he does, so be it. It'll be for a ridiculous amount of money, and my interest in Kane will die the moment he fucks off.

All ok here!
Like I said earlier, there is another option than the simple fucks off or stays. He goes to Citeh, signs a 3 year contract, wins 3 of everything, then comes back here to finish his days chasing trophies with Spurs having scratched the personal itch elsewhere.

To me, that's the all round best outcome

People saying the won't be able to support Spurs if we sell Kane. Fuck me this place has finally gone full Woolwich.

This might be of help to the some of you.

Still remember taking the other half to her first Spurs match in 94. We were shit.

Sunny August day in 1999. Late iverson winner. Such a great day out through. Sun shining late winner. Start of the season positive vibes. We probably finished mid table.

Me and my Dad at Highbury 1990 ish linekar hitting the post and us losing 1-0. Adams. Twat.

Little games like that, stuck in my mind, moments in time. To me that’s what Spurs will always be about.

Levy isn't going to refuse to sell Kane. Anyone convinced of that is deluded.
Levy is a scourge to this club we know this much. But he's not going to have an extremely valuable asset around for a year who doesn't earn their huge salary and watch as the value plummets.
Make no mistake, if Kane is serious about leaving he will be telling Levy "either you let me go or you lose me and the transfer fee"

It’s a 3 year deal. That might work next year or the year after but this is a Zaha situation, Levy has the contract. He will sell if a stupid price is meet. He might put a £200m tag on Kane and see if City throw something insane like £180m. But anything short of a crazy crazy price he has no reason to sell for at least 12 months.

This is a legitimate position and it does mot mean we don't love Kane. He has a share in our under achievements. A header missed at 1-1 with Liverpool a header wide when 1 up at Fulham. Three clear chances fluffed against Newcastle. Anonymous against Woolwich I could go on. I love Kane we have used him very poorly but he is culpable too especially in his insistence in rushing back post injury.Love kane loved Waddle Gascoigne Klinsmann I love spurs more. I'm here after Kane Levy whoever...I'm here till I die

Probably not. I think Jesus might fancy being the "main" man, or one of them at least, if he's settled in England and has no real interest in playing elsewhere in Europe. Personally I'd take him if they didn't value him at a ridiculous price, but he's not a direct Kane replacement, that's for sure.
Jesus is always better playing off the wing.

Not saying I am pro swapping him for Kane. But he would be a more apt Son replacement than a Kane one. And even then there is no guarantee that he would produce as well as Son has.

Your point about there being players at City willing to move to be the main man is a good one.

Nor the semi, or quarter finals we won getting to later stages.
He got injured in the first leg of the quarter final and was out until the final, and no im not blaming the loss on him, but he has had opportunities to win silverware here, and everyone who played in the final of them cups has to take some of the blame for us not winning surely?

Back
Top Bottom