Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We just have to accept that City got lucky. Chelsea got lucky when Abramovic came, should have been Spurs. There is no point hurling abuse at these clubs. We would accept their owners with their investment at the drop of a hat, if they turned up at Spurs.
They got lucky in the context of being in a position to win trophies. But I disagree that they're lucky full stop. Any of their success must feel somewhat hollow or tainted to their fans.
The fact is that the game has become more empty due to the vast sums of money pumped in

I never actually said that. Though I will say now that I agree.
But core support isn't the only element of a big club. You can have loads of fans but win nothing. The game is about glory
Glory with a core support following them because of the club not a club buying trophies and then plastic fans suddenly rocking up to join the fun

Huge difference

They got lucky in the context of being in a position to win trophies. But I disagree that they're lucky full stop. Any of their success must feel somewhat hollow or tainted to their fans.
The fact is that the game has become more empty due to the vast sums of money pumped in
I know plenty of Chelsea fans, and many of them admit (when being honest) they have sold their soul and they yearn for the old days.

Sorry but in no way is Spurs a bigger club than Man City! Let's stop being delusional. How many trophies have Spurs won in the last ten years compared to City. Oil money?? And what about Chelsea's or PSG? All legitimate money is money! And you wonder why no big player wants to come to Spurs!
I hope he puts in a transfer and leaves. Which decent player will want to sign for this trophyless club and be held to ransom when they have better prospects elsewhere?

Are you actually a Spurs fan, or are you yet another clueless foreign armchair fucking soccer fan?

I know plenty of Chelsea fans, and many of them admit (when being honest) they have sold their soul and they yearn for the old days.

Yeh but I would imagine most of them are older fans not the glory hunter kids, the same type who followed Woolwich during the Henry and Bergkamp days despite no connection.

Sorry but in no way is Spurs a bigger club than Man City! Let's stop being delusional. How many trophies have Spurs won in the last ten years compared to City. Oil money?? And what about Chelsea's or PSG? All legitimate money is money! And you wonder why no big player wants to come to Spurs!
My problem is that their money isn't legitimate.

The game has changed. Millionaire owners are being replaced by billionaires. Ridiculous sums for players and wages astronomical, meanwhile fans still have to pay heavily to see a game.
The new money has changed clubs. We do not know who will be the next one to be bought and heavily invested in. But I don’t think their fans will be disappointed whoever they are. I think they will be of the mindset it’s their lucky day.
Meanwhile we can’t be sounding off through jealousy.

I think it is a lot easier to say that when you already have all the joy and experience of winning the trophies.

Maybe I am wrong and they didn't celebrate or enjoy the trophies, but it kind of seems like wanting to have your cake and eat it too.

Not 'we'...'you'.

You don't speak for everyone, I'm afraid. Now stop sucking off the plastics and the chavs...you don't want people to think you're not a spurs fan now, do you...
No I don’t. But if a multi billionaire wants to invest a billion in players at Spurs, I am going to welcome him. Surely that I should then be a we.

If the owner of City’s brother stepped in and bought Spurs, or Roman Abramovic and invested heavily in players, you’d be applauding him.

Bollocks..... I don't want that shit in my club anymore than I want it poluting rest of the game.

Move on City-boy..... The jig is up.

I think it is a lot easier to say that when you already have all the joy and experience of winning the trophies.

Maybe I am wrong and they didn't celebrate or enjoy the trophies, but it kind of seems like wanting to have your cake and eat it too.
Many dont go to games anywhere near like they use to, as they don't enjoy the experience anymore.

Of course they celebrate when they win something. I think all us fans regardless of teams are like that to a degree.

Fans of football clubs are plastic. It isn't just city. Football is global.
Liverpool...United...everyone has fans who will piss off it the success goes.
If Son leaves us we will lose a horde of South Korean fans. Some will stay. Some won't. Thats life

You've massively missed the point. As per your outlook; if you eradicated the foreign fan-base(*) of every club including ours; we'd be in great shape.

(*Not suggesting we do; as long as they're supportive and fully COYS... Then they're all part of the tribe.)

Glory with a core support following them because of the club not a club buying trophies and then plastic fans suddenly rocking up to join the fun

Huge difference
Not denying that one bit. But that doesn't mean buying the glory doesn't mean they're a big club. It means they did it the wrong way. Again, a huge difference.

One man may earn an honest living to become rich. Another may rob a bank. They're both still rich...

Many dont go to games anywhere near like they use to, as they don't enjoy the experience anymore.

Of course they celebrate when they win something. I think all us fans regardless of teams are like that to a degree.

I wasn't trying to crap on them in particular, I think they sound like many fans would be.

I just think it is easier to say we want to go back to the days where we didn't win and weren't a big club after 20 years of winning and being a big club.

I also think it is easy we don't want those kind of owners when they is zero chance of getting those owners.

Ok but you’ve just borne out my argument

Our core support is massive compared to a plastic club like Shitty
If your definition of a big club is limited to solely the size of the core support I 100% agree with you. We have better fans. Without a doubt.
I think my point is that id also add success on the pitch to defining a club as big, hence our difference of opinion on that element

Not denying that one bit. But that doesn't mean buying the glory doesn't mean they're a big club. It means they did it the wrong way. Again, a huge difference.

One man may earn an honest living to become rich. Another may rob a bank. They're both still rich...
Who’s to say which one is honest?
Bankers are crooks

But your first sentence we disagree

My opinion is that if you have to buy glory like Shitty have and then thousands of alleged fans suddenly crawl out of the woodwork then you’re not a big club

Do you go on Blue Moon much?

Back
Top Bottom