Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fans of football clubs are plastic. It isn't just city. Football is global.
Liverpool...United...everyone has fans who will piss off it the success goes.
If Son leaves us we will lose a horde of South Korean fans. Some will stay. Some won't. Thats life
Righto

Not agreeing but can’t be bothered discussing this any further

Was that funded by blood money?

No.

You're insistent on not acknowledging this.

....Ergo my interjection on numerous (previously ignored) occasions.

(I ask you again; who has ignored/defended any of these things? No-one..... Least of all in the context of this discussion they are irrelevant!)

Does the UK government or Crown buy Spurs it's players and provide 100s of millions if not billions in bogus sponsorship deals which are wrecking the sense of competition across the sport?

No.

Are you peddling a bunch of false-equivalence bullshit?

Yes.

Are the depths you are now plowing even more unpleasant and offensive?

I'd suggest yes.
If the owner of City’s brother stepped in and bought Spurs, or Roman Abramovic and invested heavily in players, you’d be applauding him.

I see

ok so you’re comparing us spending money in 1960/61 to ManCity spending recently

I feel certain that we weren’t sponsored by an oil rich country with human rights abuses

Huge difference
We as a nation are human rights abusers. See Amnesty International. As a nation we invaded Iraq on false pretences and 100s of thousands were killed. Yet we take the moral high ground.

Spurs owners have chosen to spend their earnings and wealth on building an expensive new stadium at other costs. Man Citys owners have chosen to spend their wealth on buying good players at any cost who can win the club trophies. It's what a clubs priorities are as all the big clubs have rich owners with access to large funds.
More utter crap 😂

We as a nation are human rights abusers. See Amnesty International. As a nation we invaded Iraq on false pretences and 100s of thousands were killed. Yet we take the moral high ground.

Spurs did not invade Iraq for your argument to make sense Daniel Levy would have had to be at the spearhead of the Abrams tank formations.

Blair did what Bush told him to do but this is way off topic

We’ll be heading back to WW2 soon

We sank the French Navy after all

:mourcheeks:

Righto

Not agreeing but can’t be bothered discussing this any further
All clubs have core fans who live and breathe the club.
The big clubs have fans all over the world however who are less "sticky". This is mostly the lack of true affiliation as they aren't local and have no true affinity to the club. They account for a huge amount of merchandise income and are the reason for foreign EPL TV rights which help our income further.
The bigger clubs have bigger support abroad but if they got relegated that fanbase would decline.
You may not agree. But you'd be wrong not to

All clubs have core fans who live and breathe the club.
The big clubs have fans all over the world however who are less "sticky". This is mostly the lack of true affiliation as they aren't local and have no true affinity to the club. They account for a huge amount of merchandise income and are the reason for foreign EPL TV rights which help our income further.
The bigger clubs have bigger support abroad but if they got relegated that fanbase would decline.
You may not agree. But you'd be wrong not to
Ok but you’ve just borne out my argument

Our core support is massive compared to a plastic club like Shitty

No, but if they then proceeded off the back of that windfall to win multiple trophies and become one of the most decorated clubs in the country then can you really say they aren't a "big" club..?
Theres a ton of jealousy here. City got lucky and have bought success. Fine. We all know that. But to say they aren't a big club is just being obstinate and in denial.
We just have to accept that City got lucky. Chelsea got lucky when Abramovic came, should have been Spurs. There is no point hurling abuse at these clubs. We would accept their owners with their investment at the drop of a hat, if they turned up at Spurs.

We just have to accept that City got lucky. Chelsea got lucky when Abramovic came, should have been Spurs. There is no point hurling abuse at these clubs. We would accept their owners with their investment at the drop of a hat, if they turned up at Spurs.

Not 'we'...'you'.

You don't speak for everyone, I'm afraid. Now stop sucking off the plastics and the chavs...you don't want people to think you're not a spurs fan now, do you...

Didn’t Abramovic try us first?

Back
Top Bottom