Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazing isn’t it, how the fuck can you even begin to compare our 60/61 title or even Fergies United to Chelsea and City, two clubs who have had over £1bn given to them just for transfer fees (not even including wages) and can buy not just a good first 11 but a good squad.

Fergie was winning titles with John O’Shea as a main player and reliant on the brilliant and free class of 92 for much of his tenure. United and Liverpool earned their right to be at the top, I won’t begrudge them that, they have a big history, big fan base and where very well run clubs for long periods.
I’m almost pretty sure that our title win didn’t plunge us into debt the way Manc and Chelski are ran now

If their owners decided to pickup all their toys and call in their debts both clubs would go out of business!

We can but dream

Amazing isn’t it, how the fuck can you even begin to compare our 60/61 title or even Fergies United to Chelsea and City, two clubs who have had over £1bn given to them just for transfer fees (not even including wages) and can buy not just a good first 11 but a good squad.

Fergie was winning titles with John O’Shea as a main player and reliant on the brilliant and free class of 92 for much of his tenure. United and Liverpool earned their right to be at the top, I won’t begrudge them that, they have a big history, big fan base and where very well run clubs for long periods.

It's relatively forgivable for some naive teenager to not get it; but there's something really quite repulsive when the petro-defender is someone who claims to be from the old school that has witnessed our glorious history 1st hand.

I smell a rat and have done since his very first post.

Correction. City are a small club with oil money. They are never a big club and never will be. Spurs for all our shit trophy record in the last 20 years are still a bigger club. Nobody even knew Mancity existed outside of the U.K. 15 years ago. Tin pot club that got lucky.
Sorry but in no way is Spurs a bigger club than Man City! Let's stop being delusional. How many trophies have Spurs won in the last ten years compared to City. Oil money?? And what about Chelsea's or PSG? All legitimate money is money! And you wonder why no big player wants to come to Spurs!

Sorry but in no way is Spurs a bigger club than Man City! Let's stop being delusional. How many trophies have Spurs won in the last ten years compared to City. Oil money?? And what about Chelsea's or PSG? All legitimate money is money! And you wonder why no big player wants to come to Spurs!

Bollocks.

...Your attitude is part of the problem.

Last edited:

Bullshit. City are a “big club” because they bought success. If Huddlesfield got an oil baron takeover and started winning stuff, would you call them a big club? No!!!! City have another 20 years of history before they can be considered “big”. They are a rich club. Huge difference. Spurs historically are still a successful club. Manchester City are an oil barons play thing. The moment they go, they will be back too mediocrity

“Well it’s been emotional but I am strangely not bothered.

Good luck Kane, disgraceful treatment of a very good footballer who has served 16 years.

I bet if United bid the £100m it would have been enough.

These cunts just like Villa hate the club and will continue to try and stop us by any means.

Shame Kane got caught up in the middle.

Tonight football politics wins.”

“That was City's first offer but it was clear that City would go well beyond that, Levy blew it. Waited too long and along came Ronaldo.

Bill Walker said:
“To be honest having just woke up to the news, I'm relieved that we're not paying 150 million pounds for Hurricane.
I've never thought him worth it yes he's great against lower opposition but doesn't do much against great teams as witnessed in the euros, he also looks leggy these days.
At 28 I thought he was worth about 65 million”

“Levy blew a fortune. I'm sure City would have paid £130m for Kane. I think Ronaldo gave us the wink, and we pulled out. Let Kane know, and he resurrected his reputation with the Spurs but deep down they know”

“Enjoy your trophyless career Harry Le Tissier. Just remember your club fucked you over and not us.”

Salt Bae Reaction GIF

and there were thousands of pages like that, but apart from the dissonance, delusion, entitlement and arrogance, stood out a few voices in the wilderness.

One exchange I recall was when one, who was bemoaning the above amongst their fans, said

'what have we become?'

The reply came,

'we have become all that we hated and despised before the takeover'.

WTF , blasphemy !! how can you say that so easly ..

Animated GIF

Here's a better forum for you mate. Nice knowing you.

What made me laugh in the brief seconds I read the posts in that thread is that some City fan said they overpaid £25m for Grealish like that mattered to their masters.
Sorry, the City owners.
When there was the dispute between Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi over TV deals for football, they started getting angry at Saudi Arabia and parroting regional propaganda. It was quite amazing to see. Sportswashing in action; thousands of morons will fight for a corrupt evil nation state because they support the blue team.

It iS NoT ABu dHAbI, It is tHe AbU UnItEd GrOuP

That has literally been said to me by a Citeh supporter and he accused me of racism, which didn't wash with anyone in the pub. I guess by the logic the Libyan Investment Authority was nothing to do with Libya and Gaddafi. They are horrible (all of them with no exceptions). They support evil. I am sick of the excuses. Their achievements are nothing and are tainted with blood. The SFO are coming Citeh. Soon it will all be over

Last edited:
Let's be clear. There's no-one happier than me that he's staying for another season, score 20+ goals for us and see if we can nick a CL place, or win a trophy (the Vanarama Conference doesn't count).

Another part of me says, the best goalscorer we've had since Jimmy, deserves a few trophies, which he won't win with this squad. I hope he doesn't end up as our version of Matt le Tissier (hugely gifted, but no honours).

Anyway, we can at least put this discussion to bed for another 10 months and focus on supporting the team, hope for a few exits (Aurier, Sissoko, Winks) and a few new faces - although time is running out.

Here's to knocking in two more than the painters and decorators tonight.

It's so strange.

So...if some billionaire/trillionaire consortium come in and buy Cardiff FC tomorrow, giving them virtually unlimited funds for transfers and wages...does that make then make them bigger than us?

:llorishowudoin:
No, but if they then proceeded off the back of that windfall to win multiple trophies and become one of the most decorated clubs in the country then can you really say they aren't a "big" club..?
Theres a ton of jealousy here. City got lucky and have bought success. Fine. We all know that. But to say they aren't a big club is just being obstinate and in denial.

No, but if they then proceeded off the back of that windfall to win multiple trophies and become one of the most decorated clubs in the country then can you really say they aren't a "big" club..?
Theres a ton of jealousy here. City got lucky and have bought success. Fine. We all know that. But to say they aren't a big club is just being obstinate and in denial.

Well they're not a big club. They're a fake plastic club. I'm not jealous in the slightest either - I would NOT want spurs to go that route, whatever trophies it would bring.

So you're wrong, sorry. Entirely, completely, absolutely, firmly wrong.

Last edited:
Well they're not a big club. They're a fake plastic club. I'm not jealous in the slightest either - I would NOT want spurs to go that route, whatever trophies it would bring.

So you're wrong, sorry. Entirely, completely, absolutely, firmly wrong.
It depends on your definition of a big club. You can both be a big club and, as you say, a fake plastic club. They aren't mutually exclusive

Your own definition is noble and im not saying I want to go down the City moneybags route either, but I suspect that general consensus amongst sports fans would be that City are without a doubt a big club.

Everything is relative. We are also a rich club...we spent nearly £60m on NDombele! Our owner is a billionaire who made his money in a morally decrepit manner. The likes of Burnley, Soton, etc probably look at us with envy being able to spend our way to success.

Back
Top Bottom