Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, not really. Not if we're finishing 7th in the League.

Our tactics revolving around Kane is detrimental to our overall play. When we play Harry Kane ball, all it does is increase Kane's shot count and goal count but everyone else suffers as a result. We're shit when we play Harry Kane ball and our results/record shows that.

If Kane scores half the amount of goals, taking half the amount of shots, and we're winning, that's better than Kane taking a million shots and converting a small percentage of those.
I’m out of this chat. You’re entitled to your opinion 😊

you have gone to sammy/Ndombadboy levels of hatred
Well, now you're attacking me and not my points. My opinion of Harry the player/person have no bearing on the merits of my points. I can hate or love the sky but neither changes the validity of my perception of the sky as blue. Statements like this are used to dismiss contrary opinions that one cannot rebut. And again, I don't hate Harry Kane. I do, however, wish that we had made choices that, IMO, were better for the club longer term...choices that many and by the end of the season I bet most will regret.
resort to making things up,
Think that's an unfair assertion. I have never made soemthing up to defend an argument and never would. It is rampant on this board but I take a little too much pride in my argumentation to do such. It would be tantamount to taking PEDs to win a race. Have you actually 'won'? So this is an uncharitable thing to suggest.

I mistakenly brought a miss that I truly thought was closer than it was (and still couldn't believe it wasn't so I investigated games further back). And in my defense instead of continuing to push the mistaken 4 yds I came out immediately and stated I was wrong. By way of explanation (and not excuse) the only replay I saw was from the center circle vantage point so actually seeing how close it was would have been difficult. It was a bad miss though. It should have been on frame. As it wasn't, it was a wasted chance. And this is why conversion rate matters.
You want to hate Kane go ahead, like the other two fools I will leave you to it. It makes no sense to me that a supposed Spurs fan would want to hate someone like Kane so much but I imagine at some point hating Kane has become more important to you than Spurs or reality. Hell it makes no sense to me that anyone who is a supposed fan of the game would go to these levels to make stuff up about a great player.
Don't hate HK. for the last few years I would have been happy to do something different since we already know what this brings us and it's not enough. Harry is not good enough for us to play HK ball and hope to get us where we want to go. It hasn't been in the past and it will never be in the future. I've detailed my points with you and others many times.

Taking Kane out of it, it makes no sense to you that a Spurs' fan would want better players? Does it not make sense that a Spurs' fan would want players that they think help their team and rid of players that they think hurt their team? I want rid of Dele and it's taken years of futility for most to finally see that he hurts our team. It's to the point nwo that anyone advocating for Dele is viewed as looney. that's great, because they are, but there were throngs calling us 'haters' and attacking us personally back then. And sinceI was early on that one as well I had to suffer nonsense resistance. Now, early on the HK front, we're suffering from a similar Ostrich-syndrome from those that don't wanna see. that's fine but we'll end up in the same place and will have wasted seasons/years to find out. That is damaging to the club we support.

A difference of opinion is not 'hate'. And again with the 'make stuff up'. No one is making stuff up. People that 'make stuff up' don't fact check their own points...and they sure as fuck don't correct themselves in the same thread. Unless you are suggesting that I posted that with the sole intention to deceive. Which would be a stretch and a useless thing to spend credibility on since it wasn't a main point.

Son Heung-Min tips Harry Kane to rediscover his goalscoring form

"Watching Harry is so enjoyable and playing together is a dream. Obviously, he didn’t score a lot of goals like last season but the way he plays for the team is good, and the goal is going to come. As a striker when you’re having a period like this, the ball is going everywhere, you have a chance, a defender gets a touch, you miss the ball. The goal is going to come and we believe in his quality and as team-mates, we want to help him get back to goals."

On form Kane scores 2 of those - very disappointed
He’s gone up from 4 big chances missed to 7 in one game

I’m sure the clan will light some bonfires tonight and burn a toad because he’s managed to equal Hojbergs goal tally while he wasn’t playing, but truth be told, you need your striker to score at least one of those other chances.

Well done for scoring against a team that was in the top 4 for the first time in over three years though.

Slowly but surely getting back to the player everyone not retarded knows he is. His overall game was very good, but should have had a hat-trick. That ball Alli, who actually had a pretty good game, gave him though was Sunday league standard and he's as much at fault for that squandered chance than Harry.

Well done for scoring against a team that was in the top 4 for the first time in over three years though.

Sleepless night for you tonight.

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

Slowly but surely getting back to the player everyone not retarded knows he is. His overall game was very good, but should have had a hat-trick. That ball Alli, who actually had a pretty good game, gave him though was Sunday league standard and he's as much at fault for that squandered chance than Harry.

Should have scored but I’ll blame the pass that he should have scored from anyway…..meaning the pass wasn’t that bad…..because he should have scored it…..but I’ll keep mentioning it……should have had a hat trick but scored 1……this is wonderful news

Physically done my ass, wasted a couple of chances but brilliant finish, dangerous all game, and was a handful for their defenders. Very clearly not a player who is 'finished' and anyone who can watch that match and believe that is fucking clueless.

Still not at 100% but improving and fully expect the bad run of form to be over now.

Physically done my ass, wasted a couple of chances but brilliant finish, dangerous all game, and was a handful for their defenders. Very clearly not a player who is 'finished' and anyone who can watch that match and believe that is fucking clueless.

Still not at 100% but improving and fully expect the bad run of form to be over now.

At what point does missing goals he should be scoring become an issue?

At what point does missing goals he should be scoring become an issue?

It's already an issue, but it's one I have faith he will recover from, just like I knew other parts of his game which have looked awful this season would come back, and they have. He's slowly but surely improving, all the hallmarks are there of a player who was in shit form, not one who is done at the top level.

We know we can finish, we saw it season after season for years, it's not in doubt because of half a bad season.

It's already an issue, but it's one I have faith he will recover from, just like I knew other parts of his game which have looked awful this season would come back, and they have. He's slowly but surely improving, all the hallmarks are there of a player who was in shit form, not one who is done at the top level.

We know we can finish, we saw it season after season for years, it's not in doubt because of half a bad season.

It's not even half a season yet. And his overall record this season is 9 in 21 which would be respectable for most forwards in a team that has a lot wrong with it, and is very much a work in progress. His best form is coming under Conte and the only person here that will be devastated about it is sammyspurs.

Back
Top Bottom