Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah I wouldn't say this board lacks controversial opinions. Sometimes people get a bit heavy handed with the disagrees/abuse when you suggest an unpopular opinion about a player but nothing major. I mean KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy has been given an almost incredible amount of leeway despite very clearly posting for attention a lot.

I think the average age might not be that uncommon on a forum like this?
To be fair you also troll people with your comments about England having a better team than France.

:llorisunsure:

To be fair you also troll people with your comments about England having a better team than France.

:llorisunsure:

Hey now, I've never said better! I think what I remember saying is England can field an XI which is on a similar level, but France have vastly superior squad depth.

But with Benzema having the season of his life & Kane having a weaker one, even I'll accept that currently it isn't the case. Quite a few of the players in England's on paper best XI just aren't in form.

Deuterz Deuterz is young.

I’m not late 40s. I’m just incredibly eloquent.

Also in a forum with Zest Zest you cannot claim people can’t have controversial opinions. His genius is a big part of the reason I still post. Smart cookie.
Oh, I'm sure there are a few young, and incredibly humble people like yourself on here too.

Think I'm just missing the cunt offs... reckon it's time to bring up Islam in a few days.

Oh, I'm sure there are a few young, and incredibly humble people like yourself on here too.

Think I'm just missing the cunt offs... reckon it's time to bring up Islam in a few days.
Just search for cretinousgoat cretinousgoat and you will be deluged in cuntoffs.

:contesmile:

Hey now, I've never said better! I think what I remember saying is England can field an XI which is on a similar level, but France have vastly superior squad depth.

But with Benzema having the season of his life & Kane having a weaker one, even I'll accept that currently it isn't the case. Quite a few of the players in England's on paper best XI just aren't in form.
Very reasonable post. Deuterz Deuterz for président

tbh, this website is terrible from a moderation perspective. Bans are pretty much at the discretion of the admin.

The whole bin vote system is also complete bullshit. Basically doesn't allow for any kind of controversial opinions.

For a club as big as Spurs, I've noticed that it's a tiny number of regular users, and the average age is pretty high. I think apart from me, Radical Rei Radical Rei and a few others everyone must be in the late 40s or over.

The discussion is more civil because of that, but it also feels a bit dead. Not many new faces.

1. Nobody is forcing you to stay here. The bin vote system works.

2. I’m 38 you cheeky shit!

Thank god for that. His latest crusade of trying to make very single fucking thread about how English players are overhyped was relentlessly dull.

'If Son was English, if Dembele was English, if Kulu was English, if Julius Caesar was English..'

Shut up.
I actually agree with him 🤢🤢but the thing is while im not english so what if theres bias towards players from your own country. Theyre your players playing in your league 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ whats the problem

1. Nobody is forcing you to stay here. The bin vote system works.

2. I’m 38 you cheeky shit!
There was nothing derogatory about what said... I didn't read it as a slight against younger/old members. It was just his opinion based on what's more likely and really a non issue to get wound up about in any way shape or form. BTW I'm in my late 40s and I had no issues with what he said.

Again for his opinion on the voting system, correct me if I'm wrong but you sounded very defensive? Of course no one is forcing anyone to stay here. It's a free discussion forum to express ones thoughts aint it?

There was nothing derogatory about what said... I didn't read it as a slight against younger/old members. It was just his opinion based on what's more likely and really a non issue to get wound up about in any way shape or form. BTW I'm in my late 40s and I had no issues with what he said.

Again for his opinion on the voting system, correct me if I'm wrong but you sounded very defensive? Of course no one is forcing anyone to stay here. It's a free discussion forum to express ones thoughts aint it?

Ok, you're wrong.

Nobody is wound up or defensive, including me. It's called 'tongue in cheek' and I very much suggest you learn it.

Honestly though I couldn't care less. :) Have a nice day

Last edited:
tbh, this website is terrible from a moderation perspective. Bans are pretty much at the discretion of the admin.

The whole bin vote system is also complete bullshit. Basically doesn't allow for any kind of controversial opinions.

For a club as big as Spurs, I've noticed that it's a tiny number of regular users, and the average age is pretty high. I think apart from me, Radical Rei Radical Rei and a few others everyone must be in the late 40s or over.

The discussion is more civil because of that, but it also feels a bit dead. Not many new faces.

The irony is half the posters here have come from Spurs community where they were banned. Without them this place would probably be dead. The almost total lack of moderation has kept it going for a long time.

There was even a WhatsApp group of middle aged men trying to run things on here.
Which is a bit mental.

Recently admin has clearly thought fuck this shit and started banning people who piss off the majority. Definitely more civil now overall due to that.

But you still stick around. (We all do).

If you haven’t tried the Spurs community place out I suggest you give it a go and come back here and let us know what you found out. Sounds fucking awful.

(And do that many younger people use forums? To me it seems a bit more of an older person thing. Like Facebook, the kids are all on Tik tok)

The point about the age is that this place clearly doesn't attract a lot of new faces, hence the older demographic.

The arbitrary moderation and bin system clearly doesn't help.

Nothing wrong with being a bit old, and 38 is hardly old, unless you have the attitude of a toddler.

The irony is half the posters here have come from Spurs community where they were banned. Without them this place would probably be dead. The almost total lack of moderation has kept it going for a long time.

There was even a WhatsApp group of middle aged men trying to run things on here.
Which is a bit mental.

Recently admin has clearly thought fuck this shit and started banning people who piss off the majority. Definitely more civil now overall due to that.

If you haven’t tried the Spurs community place out I suggest you give it a go and come back here and let us know what you found out. Sounds fucking awful.

(And do that many younger people use forums? To me it seems a bit more of an older person thing. Like Facebook, the kids are all on Tik tok)
This place has its charms, having so few posters allows you to get a better idea of who the "faces" are round here. I've had good discussions with a few people too.

Still, my main gripe is with the arbitrary and nonsensical ban system. One is clearly that if and when someone gets banned is decided on whether some guy called "case"? has had enough. The other is that users can dogpile on an individual and get them banned just like that, so what's crossing the line or not is not well defined. Things that are not racist/sexist etc. can get you banned if they piss off the crowd.

Also, depends on what the subject is, in my teens I was on half a dozen gaming forums, gaming forums are still active I think.

This place has its charms, having so few posters allows you to get a better idea of who the "faces" are round here. I've had good discussions with a few people too.

Still, my main gripe is with the arbitrary and nonsensical ban system. One is clearly that if and when someone gets banned is decided on whether some guy called "case"? has had enough. The other is that users can dogpile on an individual and get them banned just like that, so what's crossing the line or not is not well defined. Things that are not racist/sexist etc. can get you banned if they piss off the crowd.

Also, depends on what the subject is, in my teens I was on half a dozen gaming forums, gaming forums are still active I think.

Yeah I think it’s easy for someone to get a yellow if everyone goes for them. I’m not sure anymore how much behind the scenes type voting is done by others.
But not sure what it’s like on other forums to compare that too.

Met some good guys through this place and it’s always a good place to shift tickets and find tickets from “proper” spurs fans - ie not touts just regular season ticket holders.

Also don’t forget that Case basically created this site in his spare time and is our overlord.
As long as you remember that and sacrifice a goat to him on the longest day of the year he’s generally ok.

I can’t believe it’s still going - fair play to the man.

Which is a bit mental.

That's interesting I did not know that. When I joined six months ago, this forum came up at the top of a Google search and I instintively thought it was the largest and most popular forum out there. I thought it was the place to hang out. I wonder how it consistenly manages to show up higher vs other forums on a Google search. That being said, in hindsight now knowing what you said, I believe my decision to join at the time was influenced by some of the banned posters from other forums and their banters which I found many of them funny as long as they were not derogatory/racists/personal insults. 😂

Last edited:
That's interesting I did not know that. When I joined six months ago, this forum came up at the top of a Google search and I instintively thought it was the largest and most popular forum out there. I thought it was the place to hang out. I wonder how it consistenly manages to show up higher vs other forums on a Google search. That being said, in hindsight now knowing what you said, I believe my decision to join at the time was influenced by some of the banned posters from other forums and their banters which I found many of them funny as long as they were not derogatory/racists/personal insults. 😂

I meant the more active posters btw. Not half the overall members.

This place has been going a long time (11 years+) and the original crowd are still active with a podcast and other stuff so I guess natural search has got plenty of links to it.
And I don’t know of any other forums that have a podcast, make decent videos etc etc But I’m not looking for them either tbh.

Also I think it “looks” great so Case probably knows his apples when it comes to web design.

Back
Top Bottom