Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane finally responds to Lukaku’s critical comments
Date published: Friday 9th June 2017 5:20

GettyImages.684671272.jpg

Harry Kane has refused to be drawn into any controversy regarding comments made by Romelu Lukaku in March.

Lukaku was asked about his Premier League rival three months ago before Everton and Tottenham faced in a game Spurs would win 3-2.

The Belgian scored once in that fixture as Kane scored twice, but it was Lukaku’s comments beforehand that caught the eye for many.

“I don’t look at other players if they aren’t going to teach me anything,” he said, in reference to Kane.

“If I don’t have the feeling that you aren’t going to teach me something, why should I look at you?

“That is the thing that I have. I work on my aspects. I am focused on Everton and what I am doing. That is my focus.”

When asked about those quotes on Friday, Kane replied: “I saw some stuff on Twitter, Spurs fans having my back.

“It is what it is. Lukaku’s a fantastic player. We went to the wire with the golden boot.

“Obviously as strikers, it’s always that kind of little battle. That’s his opinion. In my opinion, he’s a great player and I’ll always feel that way.”

Consistency
Humility
Class

You could learn lots from Kane actually Lukaku. Not fit to lace his fucking boots, mug

Consistency
Humility
Class

You could learn lots from Kane actually Lukaku. Not fit to lace his fucking boots, mug

Sounds quite typical of a Mino Raiola client. Zlatan's book eludes to as much - he likes to fill his clients with an insane level of self-belief, and acts very much like a confidence coach to them.

Obviously Lukaku doesn't quite have the credentials to pull off an Ibra-type person, though.

Consistency
Humility
Class

Was saying this down the pub earlier. Harry is just the guy nobody can hate. He's the son that any person would be proud of. Talented, modest & if he wasn't banging goals in everywhere as a professional player, he'd still be a national treasure doing a normal job. Just one we'd never hear about.

Superb footballer. Even better person.

Was saying this down the pub earlier. Harry is just the guy nobody can hate. He's the son that any person would be proud of. Talented, modest & if he wasn't banging goals in everywhere as a professional player, he'd still be a national treasure doing a normal job. Just one we'd never hear about.

Superb footballer. Even better person.
Which is why the hatred shown towards him from Leicester fans is so puzzling. Actually, I think I've answered my own query there. I suppose you've got to be a halfway decent human being to recognise one.

I cannot be the only person in the world that thinks that Neymar is a bit shit, surely?

I mean, not shit per se. But this fucking best in the world bollocks, I don't buy it.
He is the bollocks on Fifa - but yeah, in real life I find it staggering he'd be ranked no. 1 on that list.

Perhaps it's partly down to Barca being able to turn anyone down if an offer came in - but you'd think Messi would be worth more if some Chinese team wanted to buy him.

Neymar is 25 and already has 52 goals for Brazil. It's very likely that he's going to absolutely shatter the record for international goals scored. He's scored 68 in 123 already for Barcelona.

He's maybe not the best player in the world right now, but he will be very soon as Messi and Ronaldo age out of their primes. He's a historically great player.

Neymar is a class.

Wish he'd cut out the diving though but he's clearly a ridiculously good footballer. Shows up in big occasions for club and country. Not even in his prime yet. I wonder how deadly he'd be if he was the main man at Barca and everything went through to him as opposed to playing second and even sometimes third fiddle to Suarez and Messi.

But yeah, regarding that list and staying on topic. We are the only club to have four players on there, which just shows how good we are and where we are going.

This isn't just a flash in the pan thing like a Leicester or Liverpools title run where Suarez carried them. Constant improvement over three seasons, playing not even in their prime and are only going to improve with a young manager that's only going to get better through experience.

Neymar is a class.

Wish he'd cut out the diving though but he's clearly a ridiculously good footballer. Shows up in big occasions for club and country. Not even in his prime yet. I wonder how deadly he'd be if he was the main man at Barca and everything went through to him as opposed to playing second and even sometimes third fiddle to Suarez and Messi.

But yeah, regarding that list and staying on topic. We are the only club to have four players on there, which just shows how good we are and where we are going.

This isn't just a flash in the pan thing like a Leicester or Liverpools title run where Suarez carried them. Constant improvement over three seasons, playing not even in their prime and are only going to improve with a young manager that's only going to get better through experience.

I think there's a bigger thing here, something that should attract players:

How many "world class" players do we make? Seems like we churn them out. Not necessarily from a youth level, but in terms of signing players who reach that level at the club.

People focus too much on us being a "Selling Club", rather than a club that makes players that are on the radar of the very biggest clubs.

Surely ambitious players should be looking at us and saying "I can become a top player if I go there" (and not so much a stepping stone thing)

I think there's a bigger thing here, something that should attract players:

How many "world class" players do we make? Seems like we churn them out. Not necessarily from a youth level, but in terms of signing players who reach that level at the club.

People focus too much on us being a "Selling Club", rather than a club that makes players that are on the radar of the very biggest clubs.

Surely ambitious players should be looking at us and saying "I can become a top player if I go there" (and not so much a stepping stone thing)

That's been our mentality since Arnesen came in though hasnt it and to an extent, Comolli.

Modric and Bale the obvious success stories whilst some like dos Santos and Taraabt weren't. For every Walker, there is a Naughton.

But it's clear we have a way of dealing with things and our squad over the last few seasons has proven that way is the right way. Rose, Walker, Alli, Dier all players signed for £5,000,000 or less. Make up half the squad

Then you have those who no big club wanted to really take a risk on, who ended up coming to us like Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Lloris, Eriksen.

It works and it fails but when it works, boy do we do it right.

I cannot be the only person in the world that thinks that Neymar is a bit shit, surely?

I mean, not shit per se. But this fucking best in the world bollocks, I don't buy it.
He annoys the fuck out of me but 52 goals in 77 games for Brazil and a starting place alongside Messi and Suarez tells me he's no Chris Armstrong

I think I know what you mean he has only really played in Brazil and then as part of a Barca attack with a selection of the world's best players around him to distract defenders and set things up. IMO he failed to have much of an impact in the last world cup and if he had started his career in a mid-table club in a competitive league like the EPL and without those famous team mates he may well have ended up an also ran.

And when Janssen is rated at €47M (around £38M).

I like Janssen and think he sometimes does more than he gets credit for, but there's no way he's worth anything like this sum right now, surely.

It's one of the worse valuation systems I've seen, places too much weight on age and length of contract regardless of achievement. If you are achieving as Kane and Dele are AND you are a young AND have a long contract then yeah, you can expect a high valuation but if the foundation is average performance, then youth and contract length shouldn't be adding much. They should be multipliers not big factors in their own right.

Back
Top Bottom