Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Said it earlier. It is a very strange transfer! I'm half expecting to wake up from a dream here, and if I do I'll be laughing at the whole thing. Bayern Munich ffs. As if that would ever happen.
I remember having a nightmare he went to Liverpool. This was before Klopp made them good.
It was so real and I was so fucking happy to wake up as, at the time, we were better than them and it made no sense.

Call me cynical all you want, but I always had a hard time believing any player when they say they are a "Spurs fan" or a fan of any club they are at, if you were a true fan, you wouldn't leave of your own volition.

It's why I always thought he would go as soon as it became inevitable.
You have to remember that it’s a job to these people, being a professional changes you. You want to be paid well and have the opportunity to compete for the biggest prizes.

As soon as things started crumbling under Mougabe, Kane made up his mind that he would never sign a new deal.

A well run club protects against these things.

People have biases and emotions, thus they projected an image of Kane in their heads that never actually existed. You’ve actually got people convinced that Levy has sold Kane against his will, such is their hatred for the ownership.

I’ve long been of the opinion that it’s time for a change, on and off the pitch, but let’s be rational.

Bizarrely not that painful. Poch fucking of to chavs hurt more as it felt like betrayal to a degree. I expected him to leave and have done for sometime.

It will hurt though if by the end of this window we haven’t got some proper decent players with the Kane money and fixed our obvious problems.
It will hurt if we don't achieve something this season. Whether we get some decent players before the end of the season or not. It will hurt because the moniker "the Harry Kane team" will prove to be true. But if we finish in the top 5 and have a couple of really good cup runs, it won't hurt at all. It will show that we're on the right path and make Harry a fond memory and nothing more.

Exactly fantastic footballer scored some brilliant goals in a spurs shirt (though never in a big game) but he and his slime ball brother are absolute sneaky arseholes
I certainly wouldn’t go as far as sneaky arseholes. Just thought he’d show the support the respect of honesty. But I can also see there would have been a bit of a backlash if he’d said that and it had fallen through.

He’s done what he feels is best for him and his family and that should be more important than the future of his employer.
The only one who was giving you fake hope was the cunt owner. Everyone with common sense already knew Kane wants to go.
Levy didn’t give me any hope at all. Don’t think he made any statement saying Lane was staying. I just hoped and thought he would as I’d take the goal scoring record more seriously than a couple of easy German titles. Thought he’d feel the same. I was wrong.

Nothing to do with common sense though. If he’d stayed I do t think I’d have been on here questioning those who said he was going, as it’s all opinions. We collectively know fuck all.

After all this, what if Harry fails the medical :ange-arms2:

azA3R10p_700w_0.jpg

Yes this is definitely all on Levy seeing as Bayern have done everything but put in an acceptable bid all Summer, 6 weeks negotiating and they've finally decided to bid an actual figure worth accepting but nope lets not blame them at all...

One of your best posts 👍

Not gonna lie, I would have loved to watch Conte go nuclear if he were still the coach of this team. What a show that would have been today
Because he would have been unable to cope with losing his star player. Unlike Ange who's like "meh, we move ahead. I'm confident in my methods and will set up the team to be successful."

If he sold him on the first day of the window then you would have called him a cunt for selling cheaply.

I don’t take you too seriously because you’re a one note poster although we agree on selling being the correct strategy.
If he is a one note poster I dread to think what you are.

You know there is an intelligent middle position here, Yes, he had to be sold if he wasn't going to sign another contract. But there are many ways to skin a cat here. Levy could impose a deadline earlier in the window, We saw Bayern didn't want to lose out so they wouldn't have chanced it. We could have got replacements in first knowing it was almost nailed on that he was going.

Instead we did it 2 days before season started in the most chuckle brothers way imaginable.

I mean I know your bar is low and you are happy for us to be a laughing stock, I still just can't figure out why.

If he is a one note poster I dread to think what you are.

You know there is an intelligent middle position here, Yes, he had to be sold if he wasn't going to sign another contract. But there are many ways to skin a cat here. Levy could impose a deadline earlier in the window, We saw Bayern didn't want to lose out so they wouldn't have chanced it. We could have got replacements in first knowing it was almost nailed on that he was going.

Instead we did it 2 days before season started in the most chuckle brothers way imaginable.

I mean I know your bar is low and you are happy for us to be a laughing stock, I still just can't figure out why.

Neither can I.

I think some have started the weekend celebrations early, at least I hope that's it!

Back
Top Bottom