Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly he looks so much better as a false 9 as opposed to a goal poacher, he's less involved in the match and it marked tighter, looks pretty bored if I'm honest but I doubt he'll care that much, all he has to do is goal hang and he'll ultimately score goals for Bayern and win trophy's with them.

I don't want to take you down this worm hole but the last Englishman to win was Owen? Kane won't win the baloney dor and Bayern won't win the ECl and England are not winning the Euro's . They will win their league obviously I'm firm in this predict ion have you watched them lately? Secondly I see him back in England in 2.5 years hoovering up goals for West ham. Their fans will consider it a coup. But by then his mobility will be death to Anges ECL winning team

England can win the Euros, wtf are you going on about?

Kane is welcome back to The Lane anytime, some people have got to stop acting like jilted lovers.

He's doing well at Bayern, some people seem hurt by this but I'm pleased for him.

The BBCwebsite footie page used to mention Kane occasionally. Now that he's left Spurs they're having hourly explosive orgasms all over him. They really hate us, don't they?
Erm, EXCEPT for the past 4 months where he was basically the FIRST name on their website every single fucking morning....

Admittedly, that was only until they were sure he'd left us, so the rest of your point stands firm!

Strange enjoying watching HK score but not giving a feck if the team he plays for wins or loses.
Does anyone else think Kane always secretly hoped his* 'hop/jump up and fist pump down punching ' goal celebration was 'deliberately designed' to get the crowd doing a Ronaldo-esque 'Siuuu' chant as he did it....?

'cos no one ever did!

* that's the only description I have for it!

Does anyone else think Kane always secretly hoped his* 'hop/jump up and fist pump down punching ' goal celebration was 'deliberately designed' to get the crowd doing a Ronaldo-esque 'Siuuu' chant as he did it....?

'cos no one ever did!

* that's the only description I have for it!

John Candy No GIF by Laff

England can win the Euros, wtf are you going on about?

Kane is welcome back to The Lane anytime, some people have got to stop acting like jilted lovers.

He's doing well at Bayern, some people seem hurt by this but I'm pleased for him.

Why do you keep telling people what to feel and think about Kane?
You can welcome him back, stand at the gates with flowers, whatever - up to you.

Others can do, think and feel what they like. Not everyone will welcome him back in the same way and you need to accept that and move on, rather than trying to preach to others the 'right' way to handle it.

Comparing it to a personal relationship is how you feel about it, but for others like me he's now just another clubs football player.

Why do you keep telling people what to feel and think about Kane?
You can welcome him back, stand at the gates with flowers, whatever - up to you.

Others can do, think and feel what they like. Not everyone will welcome him back in the same way and you need to accept that and move on, rather than trying to preach to others the 'right' way to handle it.

Comparing it to a personal relationship is how you feel about it, but for others like me he's now just another clubs football player.
Mate I happily don't see its posts any more, just blissful acknowledgement that the needy teenager locked alone with they/them/ his/hers sputtering PS3 no longer has a voice to repeatedly tell people what they must think or feel. It's frankly hillarous. Harry Kanes a very good player. I always knew this but he's a tiny bit shy of being difference maker in clutch moments. He won't win the ECL this season with that defence and midfield behind him, and sadly England don't have the coach or depth to win the European championship. These are not controversial opinions just sound footballing issues. Good luck to him but I spend my cash supporting Spurs not Bayern or England so who cares.

Mate I happily don't see its posts any more, just blissful acknowledgement that the needy teenager locked alone with they/them/ his/hers sputtering PS3 no longer has a voice to repeatedly tell people what they must think or feel. It's frankly hillarous. Harry Kanes a very good player. I always knew this but he's a tiny bit shy of being difference maker in clutch moments. He won't win the ECL this season with that defence and midfield behind him, and sadly England don't have the coach or depth to win the European championship. These are not controversial opinions just sound footballing issues. Good luck to him but I spend my cash supporting Spurs not Bayern or England so who cares.

Yeah quite right. Sadly I don't even really care about England other than very specifically how the Tottenham players get on.
I only felt the pain for that World Cup penalty miss because it was a Spurs player.
Had he been a Bayern player then I wouldn't have cared anywhere near as much.

Though I do think England have more chance of winning the Euros than Bayern do Champions League.
I know there was some stat last night about the group games they have gone without losing - but realistically they are always a pot 1 team? Other than below par Barca sides and Inter last season, they don't really come up against too much. As is the nature of seeded group draws ensuring the big teams have more chance of remaining in the competition until the later stages.

Bring back straight knock out!

Yeah quite right. Sadly I don't even really care about England other than very specifically how the Tottenham players get on.
I only felt the pain for that World Cup penalty miss because it was a Spurs player.
Had he been a Bayern player then I wouldn't have cared anywhere near as much.

Though I do think England have more chance of winning the Euros than Bayern do Champions League.
I know there was some stat last night about the group games they have gone without losing - but realistically they are always a pot 1 team? Other than below par Barca sides and Inter last season, they don't really come up against too much. As is the nature of seeded group draws ensuring the big teams have more chance of remaining in the competition until the later stages.

Bring back straight knock out!
Yep I make you right. I think England have a slightly higher but still outside chance and a more rounded squad ( Chupo Motting anyone!) But Bayern have the better coach. As for UEFA they have long undermined the integrity of competition.

He was pretty poor yesterday.

Had a goal and assist but the goal was a pen and the assist was a simple pass on the shot that onana flubbed.

His movement in the attacking 3rd was pretty mediocre, and he had several uncharacteristically poor passes.

Bayern looked eerily similar to conte spurs and England. Weird how Kane constantly finds himself in these teams.

He was pretty poor yesterday.

Had a goal and assist but the goal was a pen and the assist was a simple pass on the shot that onana flubbed.

His movement in the attacking 3rd was pretty mediocre, and he had several uncharacteristically poor passes.

Bayern looked eerily similar to conte spurs and England. Weird how Kane constantly finds himself in these teams.
Your just bitter because he left! Why can't you admit he's a prospective Balon dor winner! Your critical because he's gone. Joking aside, I said to Jenny yesterday that team is not winning the champions league I've watched them three times fully and highlights they'd do well to get past Liverpool,City ,Real, Madrid , Woolwich, PSG. I hadn't even considered the Conte Spurs similarities (your right )so I'll add AC Milan too.

Last edited:
I think that Kane lowkey enjoys playing in those sort of systems because both Conte and Mourinho used him as focal points. Everything in attack was built around him and he either provided tons of goals or tons of assists. He's also turned 30 and had a fair few ankle and hamstring injuries in his youth, so while he may be able to play a more high tempo style of football he probably sees more longevity in these low block defensive teams where he can let the pacey wingers do the running for him.

That's because you're a snowflake who likes to exist in your own cosy echo chamber.

Nothing to boast about, 'mate'.

People can say what they want about Kane and I'll respond in kind.

He's doing well for Bayern, that hurts some on here whilst I'm man enough to wish him well for what he done for Spurs until he plays against us, then I hope he has a stinker.

Why are we still talking about Harry Kane???
Can anyone give a definitive answer to this please!
He choose to leave so goodbye!

A clause to get him back when he is 34 so that he can have a go at breaking Shearers record. No thanks we do t need an aging, slower player who will be more intent on personal glory than the team. He will have his trophies by then and will only have his mind on Shearers record. We have been a one man team for years and are now an 11 man team, let’s keep it that way in the future.

I remember Shearer being patched up and rolled out for Newcastle towards the end of his career.

Don't fancy that.

Why are you still in the Kane thread???

Because he was a huge player for us and we still care/are interested, even if we don't want to.

Last edited:

Because he was a huge player for us and we still care, even if we don't want to.

Whose we?

Speak for yourself only, please.

I respect what he's done in the past, but couldn't give a shit if the rest of his career crashes and burns - not my problem.

Spurs first, Kane last - always.

Popping this thread on ignore now coz it's boring as fuck watching some desperate posters still clinging on to Kane's pants.

:nunothumb:

Whose we?

Speak for yourself only, please.

I respect what he's done in the past, but couldn't give a shit if the rest of his career crashes and burns - not my problem.

Spurs first, Kane last - always.

Popping this thread on ignore now coz it's boring as fuck watching some desperate posters still clinging on to Kane's pants.

:nunothumb:

Yes, that exactly what's going on here.

:ange-facepalm:

It's not hard showing respect for a former player, especially one that did so much for us and is now playing abroad.

Did you not follow Bale's progress when he went to Madrid? He left after far more acrimonious circumstances but I didn't resent him and hoped he would do well, which of course he did and then some.

Because he was a huge player for us and we still care, even if we don't want to.
I don't actually care. I mean I comment on Arse and I definitely don't 'care' about them. Was a huge player and one I'd not want back it's not like when we lost prime Bale now that did hurt.

Back
Top Bottom