Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've replayed that a few times, I can't even work out if that a foul let alone see what he has done. It doesn't look like he's rolled an ankle, but then I can't even work out what ankle he's injured from that.

Looks to me from that video that Jones steps on his left ankle.

Which isn't the same ankle as previous ankle injuries.

I've replayed that a few times, I can't even work out if that a foul let alone see what he has done. It doesn't look like he's rolled an ankle, but then I can't even work out what ankle he's injured from that.
What? The Utd player kicks him with full force on his left ankle. Watch it closely. Dreadful foul.

What? The Utd player kicks him with full force on his left ankle. Watch it closely. Dreadful foul.

Fucking hell, didn't even realise.

Kane got it double whammy there. Lindelof kicks his left ankle and then Jones steps on top of his foot within seconds. Ouch.

It's not the same ankle as previous either.

With Lucas' form of late our best bet may just be Alli up top, as others have suggested.

That said we're giving up a lot without Alli's runs from deep. And more importantly to me, Lucas strikes as such a streaky and confidence player. We should imo absolutely give him a run-out against arguably the worst defence in the league in Fulham to see if we can get him going and back his early season form.

But that is no different to what Kane is doing, looks like 3 players all going for the ball at the same time.
I’m afraid you need glasses mate. Lindelof rushes in, kicks Kane on the left foot with his right, and both his feet leave the ground. The point of contact is so obvious. It’s Lindelof’s ‘challenge’ that puts Kane down. I’m astonished you can’t see it. Look at Totti’s post.

That’s the last time I’m reading one of your match reports - next time send your Labrador.

I’m afraid you need glasses mate. Lindelof rushes in, kicks Kane on the left foot with his right, and both his feet leave the ground. The point of contact is so obvious. It’s Lindelof’s ‘challenge’ that puts Kane down. I’m astonished you can’t see it. Look at Totti’s post.

That’s the last time I’m reading one of your match reports - next time send your Labrador.
I'll hold my hands up and bow to your better eyesight Joe. I've rewatched it and all I see is three players going for the ball at almost exactly the same time. Yep, Lindelof has more of a swing, but Kane is straight legged foot up (nothing illegal) just before Lindelof makes contact, and I think the contact is with the ball. I think he kicks the ball into Kane and has his foot is off the ground it's somehow been damaged so to speak (a planted foot will not get knocked out of shape unless there's body weight to collapse it). I've freezed framed it right at impact.

To the back and to the left. lol

I'll hold my hands up and bow to your better eyesight Joe. I've rewatched it and all I see is three players going for the ball at almost exactly the same time. Yep, Lindelof has more of a swing, but Kane is straight legged foot up (nothing illegal) just before Lindelof makes contact, and I think the contact is with the ball. I think he kicks the ball into Kane and has his foot is off the ground it's somehow been damaged so to speak (a planted foot will not get knocked out of shape unless there's body weight to collapse it). I've freezed framed it right at impact.

To the back and to the left. lol
No, no, no! Kane wins the ball off his toe, that’s why the ball travels upfield. Lindelof just smashes him and his feet leave the floor with the effort of kicking Kane. I’m literally amazed that you can’t see it.

Anyway, nothing worth falling out about, but seriously, get your eyes tested.

:dierpochhug:

Such a fucking pisser either way. I think Kane of the last 2/3 months has been the best Kane we've seen. After that really poor spell at the end of last season after he rushed back too soon from the last injury, then had the WC, then looked fatigued first couple of months this season, the last 2/3 months I thought his game went up a level from anything we've seen before, he stopped trying to dribble too much, when he did he did it better, he's now being less selfish too, playing some great set ups for others - already has double;e the assists he got all last year, his key passes are up 50% on last year too and he's back to working harder without the ball again.

BTW are the Spurs physios up to the job??? They made Kane walk off the field in pain (no shoulder or strecher), let Sissoko go back on the pitch to further aggravate his groin, Spurs injury list is the longest in the league and they take the longest to recover.

Go figure.....

To be fair strikers get kicked all the time, nearly always accidental by a defender outclassed and desperate to stop a goal scoring chance. The most fouled players this season -

Hazard - fouled 66 times
Wilfred Zaha - 55
Richarlison - 50
Lucas Torreira - 50
Pogba - 44
Kane - 41
James Maddison - 41

It's interesting that Salah is way down at 21 fouls ... and most of those are dives for penalties !!!!!!!!!

BTW are the Spurs physios up to the job??? They made Kane walk off the field in pain (no shoulder or strecher), let Sissoko go back on the pitch to further aggravate his groin, Spurs injury list is the longest in the league and they take the longest to recover.

Go figure.....

Except of course none of that is true - here's last season's numbers in full - a fantastic job by our physios ...

skysports-graphic-injuries_4298750.jpg

and this season's numbers to date have us mid-table with West Ham way out in front - again that's a pretty good job bearing in mind we had most of the squad on World Cup duty ....

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember seeing it as it happened and thinking "great, free kick on the edge, one last chance" couldn't believe Dean didn't blow, it was a reckless swing by Lindelof.

Had you been watching the match up to that point? If so, you wouldn’t have been expecting that pillock to blow for anything....couldn’t believe when I looked at the stats and realised Jones wasn’t on a yellow

Back
Top Bottom