Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So a one in a hundred thousand type player and a sulky injury disaster of a player would do the trick?
Sturridge before the injury was unplayable, and to answer your question yeah if it meant that we get top 4 I’d spend fairly big on a striker. I don’t think people realise how devestating it would be for the club to miss top 4

Sucks but body types often dictate injury types... Tall guy, big frame, dynamic style, STs being prone to impact injuries...
Ankle makes sense sadly.

Better than him being a speed merchant and doing his hamstring over and over again!

We'll be fine.

The fact they know Kane is injured means any forward we aim to get will now cost us £30,000,000 more than original.

Though, it doesn't stop us from signing a midfielder and pushing Dele forward - all depends on what hand Levy and Poch want to play.

He said he trusts Skipp. Could quite easily put Skipp in front of our defence and push Dele forward. Got Dier coming back from injury too etc.
Yep, we have the players although I admit I do feel apprehensive over this injury than any of his previous purely because Son is in Asia. Another worry, of course, would be further injuries and how we cover those, but let's cross that as and when it happens I suppose.

We have Lamela, Dele, Eriksen, Lucas and Llorente who with the exception of Lucas are proven (I've included Llorente based on his history away from Spurs, he hasn't proven his quality at Spurs IMO).

Poch is great at solving solutions, he's got to work his magic again.

Shit.

Well, we're boned!

Maybe not but....well, Poch is going to work a miracle keeping us in the Top 4 this season let alone adding a trophy.

Even if we beat Chavs in the semi Harry will miss the final against Citeh.

Fuck.

Forget Kane.

He can't play for a while

Deserves his rest.

Maybe his manager, whoever that is will manage in future and rest him when they see fit. Which means more often.

Still remember Pochettino bringing on against Tranmere. Pathetic.

Not one other top manager would have done that.

Gutted, but also remembering how well we played last year when Kane was out. Missing Son for a bit makes the near-term pain more acute, but the solution IMO is not the open market, nor is it Llorente for major minutes. It is more three at the back to allow Tripps/KWP/Rose to work even more aggressively up the flanks, more false 9 with Dele or Lamela stepping up, and holding it together up front until Son gets back.

This hurts. But we will be OK.

Yep, we have the players although I admit I do feel apprehensive over this injury than any of his previous purely because Son is in Asia. Another worry, of course, would be further injuries and how we cover those, but let's cross that as and when it happens I suppose.

We have Lamela, Dele, Eriksen, Lucas and Llorente who with the exception of Lucas are proven (I've included Llorente based on his history away from Spurs, he hasn't proven his quality at Spurs IMO).

Poch is great at solving solutions, he's got to work his magic again.

Going 3 at the back will be the way forward.

Adds a bit defensive steel to our game, allows us to push our wing backs up where they excel and also gives us the ability to push Dele or Lamela up top.

Edit - fucking hell, ninja'd by tedesco23 tedesco23

Get your cheque book out Daniel

levytear.gif

Sturridge before the injury was unplayable, and to answer your question yeah if it meant that we get top 4 I’d spend fairly big on a striker. I don’t think people realise how devestating it would be for the club to miss top 4

Strurridge is a catalogue of injuries.

Take away Suarez and Sterling you won't see similar form in his past.

Sturridge before the injury was unplayable, and to answer your question yeah if it meant that we get top 4 I’d spend fairly big on a striker. I don’t think people realise how devastating it would be for the club to miss top 4
I do realise the numbers it will be about £50-£70m that we lose if we don't qualify. In other words that will get us Morata who's scored 5 PL goals this season! It's arguably the hardest position for any club to find even under 'normal' circumstances but when you knock on another teams door and say I want to buy "x" please you will get absolutely rinsed a) you are panic buying b) you have to assume the lad we want is er good, so why the fuck would that club sell a good striker halfway through their season? Unless they get x5 or whatever the value of the player.

Ain't gonna happen.

(Sturridge was a massive gamble, he barely played for Chelsea because of injury and he wasn't rated that highly)

Strurridge is a catalogue of injuries.

Take away Suarez and Sterling you won't see similar form in his past.
So you wouldn’t take 13/14 Sturridge right now if offered? Anyway my point isn’t about Sturridge, it’s that there are always options out there in January that can fit in and make an impact. It really depends on our scouting department and Levy though, look at Chelsea they are getting Parades and Higuain in January

Back
Top Bottom