Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't agree that we just need to hold on until Sonny gets back. Son has played a ton of football recently, and I'm sure he will be playing a lot of minutes on national duty. Throw in some across the globe travel, and I cant imagine Sonny will be fit to play 10 straight for Spurs at a high level.

I do think we need to make an attacking signing this window. If not, given the injury to Sissoko, I think we are asking too much of the rest of the squad---everyone has to remain fit and playing at a high level for too long a period.

Lamela,Moura,Eriksen,Dele will just have to man up and get on with it! As good and dependable we are on Kane he can’t/shouldn’t have to do it all on his own.

Lamela,Moura,Eriksen,Dele will just have to man up and get on with it! As good and dependable we are on Kane he can’t/shouldn’t have to do it all on his own.

So they will have to play every minute of every game ?
Like that's not asking for even more trouble.

Poch has shown he does not like to bring off Kane when we are winning by a few, if he had we maybe could get a striker in, who wants to sit on the bench (unless you are winning medals)
so maybe we will get in a real DM who will give AM's believe that defence is OK and that will free up the midfielders to be more active in attacking the box

I’ve said this elsewhere but I really do think Poch should have used Llorente more and adapted him to play in the team more frequently even when Harry was healthy.

He’s hardly played and we’d be in a better situation if Llorente had more games under his belt this season.
But what about Harry's league goal title?

Poor planning though. We were up by 4 goals vs Bournemouth, around 60 minutes , ideal time to give you second striker some minutes as well...but Llorente gets subbed in with 1 or 2 minutes to go. Bit stupid to give him 2 minutes. Not sure what the score was against everton around 60 minutes but probably similar situation.

We scored the 3-0 after 35 minutes, might as well have given him the second half, yet he played 4 minutes.

Add all the 30 minutes he should have been given over the last 18 months, plus cup games etc and that would be integrating him sufficiently so the team can use him in situations like this and trust his ability and fitness etc.

Out of the 23 goals without Kane, Llorente has one.

People say Kane is dead on his feet one day, then the next advocate taking him Tranmere and bringing him on at 6-0.

He’s fatigued......but should never be dropped or rested for a game because we don’t have cover and he’s the best striker on the planet.

But lose him for 11......no probs

What about a cheeky bid for Arnoutovic - just for shits and giggles, safe in the knoldge we can send him off to china a few weeks later.

I really don't get why everyone seems to assume that Son's international commitments don't matter? Can you imagine the outcry if England reached the knockout stages of the Euros, only for their star man to withdraw because he needed to replace the injured Paulinho in the Chinese League? Because that's what we're asking Son and Korea to do. Not a chance in hell.

Half the nation thinks Rashford is now better than Kane, so i think the nation would be fine with it :kanegoal:

This season more than most we've been plagued with injuries however this is the first time we've had reasonable cover so haven't noticed it – until now.

The situation we're in now is having to cover the cover which we're not adequately capable of doing.

With Son gone I personally feel inclined to try Lamella up front, he has the trickery necessary for the box, scores with his head and is brave. His only downside is being so one footed, which makes him easier to mark in tight spaces.

This was the season it could have been...

I was assured by this forum in the summer that nobody gets injured & who do you drop from the 1st 11 if we sign quality players. Grrrrr
Definitely mate we have no room for new players. Every single academy player will graduate to the first team, our injured players will all recover soon and come back made of steel blessed with Uncle Joe's secret anti ageing potion and what about if Kane's daughter grows up and identifies as male and takes another place? Simply no space for new signings at all we can't be so short termist!

Saying not to sign someone as they'll need time to adjust, that will be the case whenever we sign someone... Imagine we signed someone in the summer just gone and they'd had 6 months with us......

Add all the 30 minutes he should have been given over the last 18 months, plus cup games etc and that would be integrating him sufficiently so the team can use him in situations like this and trust his ability and fitness etc.

Out of the 23 goals without Kane, Llorente has one.

People say Kane is dead on his feet one day, then the next advocate taking him Tranmere and bringing him on at 6-0.

He’s fatigued......but should never be dropped or rested for a game because we don’t have cover and he’s the best striker on the planet.

But lose him for 11......no probs
Poch seems to be getting most things right. But there are things he gets wrong as well.

Wonder how we are going to line up now without Kane, Son and Sissoko.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Jan, Toby, Rose/Davies, Winks, Dier, Lamela, Dele, Eriksen, Llorente][/formation]

How's that?
Dont think Poch will start Llorente. Is Dier fit to play now? I think Lucas will probably start if fit as Son's replacement for pace down the wing.

Back
Top Bottom