Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well then I guess we are the Harry Kane team after all....when Kane returns and takes two months to hit form, the season will be over. The club shouldnt be so naive.

If we finish behind Chelsea and Utd because we think that Llorente can replace Kane, but not a good striker, then weve only got ourselves to blame

I have no problem with Kane being rested, and the club getting a proper backup. It just makes sense to me that they could play elsewhere. I’m not a big fan of Son as an out and out 9, but I’m sure there are others out there that could play there and behind Kane if needed.

I was assured by this forum in the summer that nobody gets injured & who do you drop from the 1st 11 if we sign quality players. Grrrrr

Any youth team strikers close to promotion?

Parrott is the highest rated forward since Kane but he's literally 16 years old. He has been training with the first team though and has travelled with the squad this season.

Sterling is the other guy but he's had a bad injury and came back a month or so back. Don't think he'll ever make it at this level though.

So many problems with signing a player to cover for Kane.

The fact it's the middle of the season.+£
The fact we need someone good enough for a top prem / CL team. +£
The fact that they'll need to be good enough for above but willing to accept being on the bench when Kane returns.
The fact he'll need to be fit enough to play the way we do.
The fact we'll need to be able afford them given the situation we're in (clearly desperate). +£
The fact we need the right person as much as the right player - ethos and all that.
...and even then we have to hope they can come in and hit the ground running in an unfamiliar team.

I could fully understand if Poch decided that it wouldn't be worth buying someone.

Hmm maybe when people said we should have signed someone in the summer they were correct. When people said; what about injuries, we don’t have enough strength in depth, maybe they were right. Fucking joke

I'm having Llorente to sort us out in the short term (next 3 games)....but will only happen if we play to his strengths = crosses into the box and runners off him.

Something like this for Fulham.

Gazza
Sanchez Alde Jan
KWP Winks Skipp Rose
Eriksen Alli
Llorente

The assessments are always worst case with respect to Kane. He's been back ahead of schedule with every single ankle injury similar to this one. I'd bet he'll be back in training mid-February.

You’d expect he won’t want to miss a league cup final, should we get there.

Twitter in meltdown at the moment.

Never mind Brexit the "told you so Levy" brigade are going fucking ballistic right now.

Daniel is in for a right ear bashing if he follows Keith from Ruslip let me tell you.

Last edited:
On the plus side?
May force some spending in this window as levy wnts champions league next year...
Any thoughts?

giphy.gif

I was assured by this forum in the summer that nobody gets injured & who do you drop from the 1st 11 if we sign quality players. Grrrrr

Yet yesterday you were agreeing with posts that said signing a striker would be a waste of time

And I dont remember you banging on about "spending big to cover potential injuries"

So the Beeb says Harry is out and won't start training until early March...

So I guess he'll be starting for us at Wembley against Dortmund then?

There’s no point spending in this window for a striker, no one’s going to come and step right in and feel comfortable leading the front line.

Poch says it takes half a year for a player to adapt to our system.

I think the best option is to use Moura and Llorente and just hope they have enough goals in them, but I think we’ll struggle badly until Son comes back.

Back
Top Bottom