Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched Harry on Football Focus, he is so 'one of us'. He may not wear the captain's arm band, but he may as well.

I think we are better off with Lloris as the club captain - they have to do so many press engagements and Kane being there is just more opportunity for the press to dig for transfer speculation.

Levy, Poch, Lloris are all fairly similar in press conferences - generally stay on message, toe the party line, don't give much away.

Yes.

And it's also exactly why playing him at #10 sometimes is a good idea, considering he doesn't like hard pressing anymore.

It takes that pressure off him and he can be clever and use the energy of those around him more and not blunt the team's vibe by jogging towards defenders in our first attempt to win the ball back from them.

Give it a rest. :pochrolleyes:

Is this a new thing on football to heavily question an out and out centre forward even when he's scoring?

Don't ever remember Alan Shearer getting any Greif.
World we live in. There’s also a lot of fans don’t seem to register that the opposition defence’s actual job, that they get paid for in real life, is to stop that happening. Score one, they want two; score two, shame they didn’t get three; score three, must be four next time. (I think no-one has an issue if you score five, though...)

I think we are better off with Lloris as the club captain - they have to do so many press engagements and Kane being there is just more opportunity for the press to dig for transfer speculation.

Levy, Poch, Lloris are all fairly similar in press conferences - generally stay on message, toe the party line, don't give much away.
You are having a laugh...he tells them everything, private meeting details, rebuild plans, internal wrangles over transfer decisions, talks with the players etc etc.
Levy and Lloris are like silent order monks compared to Poch.

I kinda agree with Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 that the captain is overrated, what you really need is a couple of natural leaders and winners on the pitch, preferably at the back, in midfield and upfront; Roy Keane was United's captain, but in their best days they had 4 or 5 'leaders' and very strong personalities on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom