Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Deadly serious here, love the lad. sure he will never be the number 9 we always dream about, but he is naturally more of a number 10. Had a great loan spell in 11/12 at Milwall. I would love to see him get a fair bit of time off the bench this season, get used to Premier League football.

My HK posts in the Transfer discussion thread got me around 20 Funny ratings and 1 agree. Just you wait.

Just you wait.

He’s better than Greaves, whom we venerate and rightly so. The lad is a hero for this club, and I love him.

tenor.gif

Someone got the joke, Jesus wept the tension on here is palpable.

I think he's better than three years ago.

I wouldn't worry about what that twat says. 3 or 4 years ago i read an interview he did commenting on England strikers of the time and he said that Vardy is not even in Callum Wilson's class. This was just before Vardy went on to do that goalscoring record and win the league! And Wilson's done fuck all since. Some pundit! 🤣

I wouldn't worry about what that twat says. 3 or 4 years ago i read an interview he did commenting on England strikers of the time and he said that Vardy is not even in Callum Wilson's class. This was just before Vardy went on to do that goalscoring record and win the league! And Wilson's done fuck all since. Some pundit! 🤣

Pretty sure he quickly went from that to Vardy > Kane after that too......

In fact I don't think he's ever been fully on the Kane train.

Honestly, the way we’re set up and play does he even have a roll?

Nope.

His first touch is mostly average and without the guile or pace to truly trouble defences, he's nothing more than someone we can hope gets on the end of a long ball or hit and hope cross.

Kane will always score us goals - but under these tactics, he's no where near the best striker in the world, probably just one of the best finishers, but even the best finishers need chances.

It's not just the injuries it's the quite clear rushing back from injuries that will be problem long term

It's the injuries mixed in with the team being of a lower quality in terms of performance and personnel.

Kanes flaws are being highlighted even more now that we aren't creating for him and being clever enough to open space for him to flourish.

Enjoy him while you can, i really don't know how much more of this he can take. He must be devastated how quickly the club is deteriorating

There’s been nothing very quick about this deterioration. We have with very few exceptions played terribly since February2019. Burnley at Turfmoor was where the malaise really kicked in.

Guy has had shit service in his last 3 games (England) and wasting his talents if we can't get him the fucking ball in dangerous areas. Lovely scoop pass for Doherty and Son probably chose wrong not to play him in. Poor, half-hearted pressing from him and the forward line however. Looked a frustrated figure

Guy was very sharp towards end of season so we need to get him the goddamn ball

He's always been a slow starter to a season. Once he gets going he'll go on a run and win games for us. Which will camouflage the reality of us being shit for a few more weeks.

It's been going on for the last 3 years..

Nope.

His first touch is mostly average and without the guile or pace to truly trouble defences, he's nothing more than someone we can hope gets on the end of a long ball or hit and hope cross.

Kane will always score us goals - but under these tactics, he's no where near the best striker in the world, probably just one of the best finishers, but even the best finishers need chances.
I've honestly never read such crap. Your judgment of players, not just Kane, is simply astonishing at times.

Back
Top Bottom