Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've honestly never read such crap. Your judgment of players, not just Kane, is something to behold.

So what are you expecting from Kane in games like today where we literally just aim to play on the counter with zero creativity?

Did he perform like the best striker in the world today under these tactics? When is the last time you watched Kane play, especially under Mourinho and thought "Wow, we have the best striker in the world here!" - especially when he's up against the likes of Lewandowski.

Enlighten me.

Because all you're proving is that Kane is exempt from criticism because all the other players around him are performing poorly but Harry Kane doesn't have it in his DNA to play poorly.

So what are you expecting from Kane in games like today where we literally just aim to play on the counter with zero creativity?

Did he perform like the best striker in the world today under these tactics? When is the last time you watched Kane play, especially under Mourinho and thought "Wow, we have the best striker in the world here!" - especially when he's up against the likes of Lewandowski.

Enlighten me.

Because all you're proving is that Kane is exempt from criticism because all the other players around him are performing poorly but Harry Kane doesn't have it in his DNA to play poorly.
Honestly people don't want to hear it but he was shocking today. As he's been on and off for the past 2 years.

He's clearly declined, those who can't see it are either blinded by emotion or not watching properly.

The way he hit the ball back then... his movement, speed/strength. Stark difference to how he's playing right now.

Many of us predicted this when he rushed back early for literally no reason back to back. His ankles are fucked.

Kane doesn't get "much service" (or whatever that means) but 3 years ago he scored every time he got the ball close to the penalty box. Nowadays he barely tries.

No-one would perform well under those tactics. He was bloody sharp towards the end of the season given the scraps he fed off. Your ridiculous hyperbole comments make him sound like Troy Deeney! Honestly can't be arsed engaging further as you've a warped perception of players

No-one would perform well under those tactics. He was bloody sharp towards the end of the season given the scraps he fed off. Your ridiculous hyperbole comments make him sound like Troy Deeney! Honestly can't be arsed engaging further as you've a warped perception of players

Yet I am the one getting agrees based on what the majority of people can actually see. Kane was fucking shocking today. His body language was wank. His first touch was woeful and again, without space in front of him, doesn't possess the attributes to actually trouble opponents when it's not going his way.

Supreme finisher - always has been, always will be. Give him time and space, he'll likely score. Don't? Well he may as well not be playing.

This tactic doesn't get the best out of Kane at all and there's no way anyone can say with a straight face or without pure bias, that he's the best striker in the world or performing like one under Jose Mourinho.

Hopefully though when he's had a run of games and the excuse of him having no pre-season etc all wear off, we've sorted out our style of play, can actually play a bit of football again and we can get Kane scoring goals and enjoying himself again.

Yet I am the one getting agrees based on what the majority of people can actually see. Kane was fucking shocking today. His body language was wank. His first touch was woeful and again, without space in front of him, doesn't possess the attributes to actually trouble opponents when it's not going his way.

Supreme finisher - always has been, always will be. Give him time and space, he'll likely score. Don't? Well he may as well not be playing.

This tactic doesn't get the best out of Kane at all and there's no way anyone can say with a straight face or without pure bias, that he's the best striker in the world or performing like one under Jose Mourinho.
Did I say he played well? Don't do that strawman shit with me. My objection was to your quite frankly ridiculous hyperbole. Nothing more...no where near...

Did I say he played well? Don't do that strawman shit with me. My objection was to your quite frankly ridiculous hyperbole. Nothing more...no way near...

But you're basically saying that with the way we were set up today, Kane is more than just someone we hope gets on the end of a loose ball or a cross.

Because that's exactly what you disagreed with...

So, what do YOU expect from Kane when we are set up like we were today? Because today, he was dogshit.

Kane was fine today, especially in the first half where he was dropping to get the ball moving and making important runs to open space up. His burst to get up with Son on that break was impressive. Also, that stretch to get to Son's cross was so close.

Not his fault he has been struggling for service for 3 years now. You want the best out of Kane? Make a managerial change that will get us playing on the front foot.

Honestly people don't want to hear it but he was shocking today. As he's been on and off for the past 2 years.

He's clearly declined, those who can't see it are either blinded by emotion or not watching properly.

The way he hit the ball back then... his movement, speed/strength. Stark difference to how he's playing right now.

Many of us predicted this when he rushed back early for literally no reason back to back. His ankles are fucked.

Kane doesn't get "much service" (or whatever that means) but 3 years ago he scored every time he got the ball close to the penalty box. Nowadays he barely tries.

At times it does feel like he's just sick of being here but loves the club too much to really seriously leave.

Almost like an abusive relationship.

Kane was fine today, especially in the first half where he was dropping to get the ball moving and making important runs to open space up. His burst to get up with Son on that break was impressive. Also, that stretch to get to Son's cross was so close.

Not his fault he has been struggling for service for 3 years now. You want the best out of Kane? Make a managerial change that will get us playing on the front foot.

That would mean Levy admitting he was wrong and it was a bad choice to sack Pochettino for Mourinho.

And Levy won't be having that.

But you're basically saying that with the way we were set up today, Kane is more than just someone we hope gets on the end of a loose ball or a cross.

Because that's exactly what you disagreed with...

So, what do YOU expect from Kane when we are set up like we were today? Because today, he was dogshit.
Christ of course the set up is wrong and we aren't utilizing his strengths. We barely had anything up top and no creativity in midfield - any half decent striker would struggle. And yes, Kane like all those today barring Hugo was poor. Again, my objection is to the wording of your assessment of the player, ridiculous use of hyperbole which makes him sound like Duncan Ferguson and a striker playing in the Championship.

Christ of course the set up is wrong and we aren't utilizing his strengths. We barely had anything up top and no creativity in midfield - any half decent striker would struggle. And yes, Kane like all those today barring Hugo was poor. Again, my objection is to the wording of your assessment of the player, ridiculous use of hyperbole which makes him sound like Duncan Ferguson and a striker playing in the Championship.

Just because you read something wrong doesn't mean you're right.

Calm yourself.

That would mean Levy admitting he was wrong and it was a bad choice to sack Pochettino for Mourinho.

And Levy won't be having that.

Sacking Poch was the right move. Appointing Jose was the wrong one. He won't be forced to make a change until we are literally right where we were last year with Poch, middle table and searching for an identity.

Sacking Poch was the right move. Appointing Jose was the wrong one. He won't be forced to make a change until we are literally right where we were last year with Poch, middle table and searching for an identity.

He won't even think about sacking Mourinho unless we go out of the Europa League, League Cup and FA Cup at the first hurdles.

The only reason Jose is here is to deliver us a trophy. If he can't do that after being here for over a year, he's not much use to us going into a third year.

Problem is, i am absolutely frightened at the prospect of who he lines up as a replacement.

He won't even think about sacking Mourinho unless we go out of the Europa League, League Cup and FA Cup at the first hurdles.

The only reason Jose is here is to deliver us a trophy. If he can't do that after being here for over a year, he's not much use to us going into a third year.

I agree again. His hand will be forced when all is lost. Which is too late in my book. At that point Kane is good is gone and Ndombele will have literally rotten.

Hopefully though when he's had a run of games and the excuse of him having no pre-season etc all wear off, we've sorted out our style of play, can actually play a bit of football again and we can get Kane scoring goals and enjoying himself again.
He’s a “cherry on top” type of striker today. He’s not going to turn a bad/mediocre team into a good one but he would probably help a good squad become great. At this point in time, Kane is not the striker we need. This just who he is now and we need to accept that and be realistic about our expectations. Still a top 5 striker in the EPL though.

Just because you read something wrong doesn't mean you're right.

Calm yourself.
So you concede that maybe, just maybe, your wording was a bit over the top? And please don't tell me to calm myself, I'm not irate with you (Spurs, yes) and it's incredibly patronizing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom