Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At times it does feel like he's just sick of being here but loves the club too much to really seriously leave.

Almost like an abusive relationship.
Agreed. He certainly doesn't look happy on the pitch either.

He's been talking a lot about winning trophies recently too. Unless we make significant progress this year, I'm pretty sure he'll at least try to leave.

Agreed. He certainly doesn't look happy on the pitch either.

He's been talking a lot about winning trophies recently too. Unless we make significant progress this year, I'm pretty sure he'll at least try to leave.

If Jose Mourinho of all managers cannot provide Spurs with a trophy - I see no reason why Kane wouldn't walk out the door next summer at the age of 28.

No one we can realistically get in is going to change his mind - and if they do persuade him to stay a year? At the end of that season, he'll have just 2 years remaining on his contract...

He'll be 28 next summer. Not sure anyone will pay big money for him at that age he'll have no resale value. Levy will expect 100M plus for him and nobody will pay it.

I can see him staying here for the long-term, we just need to get better players around him and play progressive, attacking football to get the best from him.

He won't even think about sacking Mourinho unless we go out of the Europa League, League Cup and FA Cup at the first hurdles.

The only reason Jose is here is to deliver us a trophy. If he can't do that after being here for over a year, he's not much use to us going into a third year.

Problem is, i am absolutely frightened at the prospect of who he lines up as a replacement.

I am more concerned about how bad we eff up our squad and transfers trying to build a Jose team.

I am not sure on the contract details and I doubt Levy will pay out a big payment to Jose so I think he is here at least until the end of this season, beyond that I think it will depend on the payout as to how long he lasts.

I think the replacement will be in the Poch mold of a younger guys, Levy feels can build with young players because when you see the way he talked about Poch you can see how much he loved him and I think he likes that idea of bringing in young, cheap guys he can sell on for more money.

i think Jose was a situational hire rather than a change in the type of manager we want or the direction of the club to go in.

I didn't see anything wrong with Kane today. The first half he looked good. When you have 9 other players around you that don't give a shit you're gonna feed on scraps. Those 17/18 highlights really shows how integral Eriksen was to the team. We literally have no CM play makers in the squad. GLC is close but we literally need another Eriksen. We do not tick without one. Who? Not a clue, I'm not a scout.

He'll be 28 next summer. Not sure anyone will pay big money for him at that age he'll have no resale value. Levy will expect 100M plus for him and nobody will pay it.

I can see him staying here for the long-term, we just need to get better players around him and play progressive, attacking football to get the best from him.

I think the biggest/most obvious threat to him leaving would be United having a poor year, sacking OGS and bringing in Poch.

They could easily go with a front 3 of Rashford-Kane-Greenwood.

He won't even think about sacking Mourinho unless we go out of the Europa League, League Cup and FA Cup at the first hurdles.

The only reason Jose is here is to deliver us a trophy. If he can't do that after being here for over a year, he's not much use to us going into a third year.

Problem is, i am absolutely frightened at the prospect of who he lines up as a replacement.
Can it be much worse than this?

"Right then. Sikoko. You're in the middle. Harry, you're up top"

"which Harry?"

"yes"

CphivWNXYAAh0wy.jpg

Not sure why Kane is being singled out by some. Some of the comments are from the usual suspects who either have bad intentions or don't understand football. He is playing as a 9, he isn't going to be on the ball all the time. I know some of you haven't figured this out yet but he is not playing CM.

When he did get the ball he did well. I actually think he looked sharp in the first half. Son should have passed to him for a certain goal and he probably should have had an assist. As for the second half, what do you want him to do? Run about a bit more? That was the worst team performance for some time. I am not sure what any striker could do differently.

Kane played well today. He had several very good passes. Son should be passing him that ball all day.

He should have done better on Sons cross. He just didn’t expect an actual good one.

Its incredible we can’t even get him a shot on goal

Son not playing Kane in instead opting to give it to Dele in a worse position was criminal. He does is so often it gets frustrating, Son’s tunnel vision and inability to see a pass (even the most simple ones) is what separates him from the great wingers.

Can’t wait for Lo Celso to come back and play in the 10 position.

Son not playing Kane in instead opting to give it to Dele in a worse position was criminal. He does is so often it gets frustrating, Son’s tunnel vision and inability to see a pass (even the most simple ones) is what separates him from the great wingers.

Can’t wait for Lo Celso to come back and play in the 10 position.
Yet he was one of two players to get double digits in goals and assists last season. Odd.

Felt that as well. Stranger things have happened than firing in a transfer request before this transfer window is over and engineering an exit. He’s pissing away another season hanging around.
Kane looked a yard short today like he always does after a lay off.
He was exactly the same after the lock down.
Give him a couple of games and the goals will flow again just like they have for the last 5 years.
Some of our fans are really clueless

Back
Top Bottom