Harry Redknapp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has anyone read the whole of 'Always Managing' yet?

I found it fascinating and amusing, well worth a read. The most telling section for me though from a Spurs fan's perspective unsurprisingly was the chapter on the England job. He goes on to openly admit that he asked Rodgers to be his assistant (should he be offered it) during our game at the Lane vs Swansea. Also he effectively states that the speculation did affect him and transmit to the performances of the players.
If this is true I'm even more fucking livid than when it was just a "maybe".

I found it fascinating and amusing, well worth a read. The most telling section for me though from a Spurs fan's perspective unsurprisingly was the chapter on the England job. He goes on to openly admit that he asked Rodgers to be his assistant (should he be offered it) during our game at the Lane vs Swansea. Also he effectively states that the speculation did affect him and transmit to the performances of the players.

fackn ell :roflmao:

No surprises there at all. Lower than maggot

With the squad that he's got, it should be.

He has picked up the odd talented younger player, Carroll, Austin and Phillips (from Blackpool) spring to mind, but he has done the stereotypical Harry thing of looking to players on the downlslope with experience to give him a short term boost. He simply isnt a manager to have for anything other than quick fix after quick fix.

Look at his buys - Benayoun, ONeil, Henry, Dunne, Kranjcar, Jenas and now he wants Carlton Cole.
Thats after he inherited Barton, Green, Zamora, Johnson, Wright-Phillips, Hill and Onuoha.

Whether Harry stays or goes I guarantee this whole squad will need rebuilding within 2 seasons. And also that it most likely wont have the legs to go the distance in the Championship - its a physically tough league with a lot of games...

What is incredible about that passage is that literally the page before he says, and I quote, 'It wasn't as if I was sitting there mapping out starting line ups for England... Professionally it was always Tottenham first'. Just staggering.

Personally I still like Harry and admire him as a manager, but that passage of the book is just barbaric levels of lies and contradictions

What is incredible about that passage is that literally the page before he says, and I quote, 'It wasn't as if I was sitting there mapping out starting line ups for England... Professionally it was always Tottenham first'. Just staggering.

Personally I still like Harry and admire him as a manager, but that passage of the book is just barbaric levels of lies and contradictions

Thank you for putting this so much better than I did. :harryhmm:

2 x 4th and 1 x 5th and a CL quarter final. Most entertaining football at the lane for many a year. Since he went I have never seen a club go backwards so quickly. Two years ago we were snapping at the heals of them lot up the road, and now we are miles behind. I suppose we just have to get used to being average again

2 x 4th and 1 x 5th and a CL quarter final. Most entertaining football at the lane for many a year. Since he went I have never seen a club go backwards so quickly. Two years ago we were snapping at the heals of them lot up the road, and now we are miles behind. I suppose we just have to get used to being average again

I agree about the quality of football deteriorating and being along way off the scum but you can hardly call us an average side. I too have not really enjoyed this season so far but generally we have won the majority of our games this season and I am hoping we can only get better with some stability and the good football may come back.

HARRY Redknapp has claimed that two that got away in the transfer window have cost Derby County's promotion rivals Queens Park Rangers dear.

Rangers are winless in the last four games and rumours have started to circulate that Michael Laudrup is waiting in the wings to take Redknapp's job.

QPR had hoped to land Serie A hotshot Ishak Belfodil and Auxerre star Paul-Georges Ntep in January.

Neither deal happened, demanding last-minute wheeler- dealing for Kevin Doyle (Wolves), Will Keane (Manchester United) and Modibo Maiga (West Ham).]

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Championship-round/story-20697939-detail/story.html#ixzz2uLHB0e1h

- glad to see nothing has changed

Back
Top Bottom