Harry Redknapp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tumblr_mt80u1WYHh1r2xls3o1_1280.jpg

#askharry How did you fit in the Barrel?

My fave.

When are people going to learn that these twitter Q&A's always...ALWAYS get hijacked. The #askBG one the other day was pant wettingly hilarious.

I'm gonna give Harry credit on this one...

I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life the night I went to watch Chelsea win the 2012 Champions League final.

You all know what happened. Chelsea were outplayed by Bayern Munich — as they had been by Barcelona and by Napoli in previous rounds — but they won the trophy.

It meant Spurs hadn’t qualified for the following season’s Champions League, despite finishing fourth — two points above Chelsea in the Premier League. They took our place as holders. I was distraught. I felt like crying.

Jamie invited me over — he said Sky had a box at the game and I should go as his guest.

Ruud Gullit was there and was carrying on right in front of me like a lunatic. He had nothing riding on the game — Chelsea had sacked him, for heaven’s sake — but he didn’t care.

Ruud was jumping around, cheering, singing, banging on the windows to draw the attention of the Chelsea players — and, when they looked up, in the background was me, feeling probably at my lowest as a football manager.

In the end, I think Jamie got quite upset on my behalf.

‘Ruud, do us a favour, they sacked you, didn’t they?’ he said to him. ‘Ah, yes, but that was different people,’ said Ruud and then carried on oblivious.

I felt embarrassed, really, as if I was spoiling the party, but I still think his behaviour was over the top.

FC%20Bayern%20Muenchen%20v%20Chelsea%20FC%20-%20UEFA%20Champions%20League%20Final-841500
- this is not the picture used in the article, i put it here because he's actually touching the trophy.

Ruud will never work again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-night-football-life--Ruud-Gullit-doing.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna give Harry credit on this one...

I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life the night I went to watch Chelsea win the 2012 Champions League final.

You all know what happened. Chelsea were outplayed by Bayern Munich — as they had been by Barcelona and by Napoli in previous rounds — but they won the trophy.

It meant Spurs hadn’t qualified for the following season’s Champions League, despite finishing fourth — two points above Chelsea in the Premier League. They took our place as holders. I was distraught. I felt like crying.

Jamie invited me over — he said Sky had a box at the game and I should go as his guest.

Ruud Gullit was there and was carrying on right in front of me like a lunatic. He had nothing riding on the game — Chelsea had sacked him, for heaven’s sake — but he didn’t care.

Ruud was jumping around, cheering, singing, banging on the windows to draw the attention of the Chelsea players — and, when they looked up, in the background was me, feeling probably at my lowest as a football manager.

In the end, I think Jamie got quite upset on my behalf.

‘Ruud, do us a favour, they sacked you, didn’t they?’ he said to him. ‘Ah, yes, but that was different people,’ said Ruud and then carried on oblivious.

I felt embarrassed, really, as if I was spoiling the party, but I still think his behaviour was over the top.

FC%20Bayern%20Muenchen%20v%20Chelsea%20FC%20-%20UEFA%20Champions%20League%20Final-841500
- this is not the picture used in the article, i put it here because he's actually touching the trophy.

Ruud will never work again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-night-football-life--Ruud-Gullit-doing.html
Bloody hell that night still haunts my memory

It wasn't just that they won it, it was towards the latter stages of the match it actually looked like Bayern were going to win. Made me sick to my stomach what happened next. Never turned off a TV more quickly.
I was watching in a bar and instantly walked outside for a cigarette. It was fucking painful. Just kept shaking my head for about an hour non-stop

fuckn hate that club

worse than woolwich for pure uncut cuntiness
As a club and the way they are run, I really don't dislike Woolwich that much. I just think most of their players and fans are ubercunts. Chelsea, on the other hand, are just thundercunts from top to bottom. Fans, club, owner, players, manager(s). The only good thing about them is their physio

The one thing you can rely on Redknapp for is that he will take any opportunity to serve himself.
I kind of admire his ability to do so in some ways, never misses a beat

As a club and the way they are run, I really don't dislike Woolwich that much. I just think most of their players and fans are ubercunts. Chelsea, on the other hand, are just thundercunts from top to bottom. Fans, club, owner, players, manager(s). The only good thing about them is their physio

We hate Woolwich but at least they have the good grace to get knocked out of cups early, always draw a big side in the champions league, they pay their dues, Chelsea on other hand I agree total total twats from top to bottom

I'll be honest with you I have only cheered maybe one or two spurs wins as loud as when Terry missed that penalty against united, I was deliriously happy to see that cunt from Senrab who was a tenth of the player Ledley was get what he deserves

The one thing you can rely on Redknapp for is that he will take any opportunity to serve himself.
I kind of admire his ability to do so in some ways, never misses a beat

I loved Harry as manager but I would love to see is the wage bill in total for players at QPR compared to anybody else in the championship, its not even of Man City comparison I bet its double anybody else at least, if he doesnt finish top 2 with that squad would be good to see someone question him for once

Has anyone read the whole of 'Always Managing' yet?

I found it fascinating and amusing, well worth a read. The most telling section for me though from a Spurs fan's perspective unsurprisingly was the chapter on the England job. He goes on to openly admit that he asked Rodgers to be his assistant (should he be offered it) during our game at the Lane vs Swansea. Also he effectively states that the speculation did affect him and transmit to the performances of the players.

Back
Top Bottom