Harry Redknapp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

QPR's wage bill is higher than German giants Borussia Dortmund
QPR’S wage bill is higher than Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund and their losses are bigger than Manchester City’s.

Published: Fri, March 7, 2014
2Comments
redknapp.gif-463463.jpg
Harry Redknapp is the current QPR manager [GETTY]

QPR lost £65.4 million last season while their debt almost doubled to £177m.

QPR’s turnover fell to £60.6m – which does not even cover their wage bill, which rose from £58.4m in 2011/12 to £78m last season.

- Portsmouth all over again, different owner, same manager

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...s-higher-than-German-giants-Borussia-Dortmund

He is responsible for Remy and Samba out of those mentioned... I can't imagine Nico, Jenas, Dunne, Barton etc being there on the cheap. Administration if they don't come up?

QPR’S wage bill is higher than Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund and their losses are bigger than Manchester City’s.

2Comments
redknapp.gif-463463.jpg

QPR’s turnover fell to £60.6m – which does not even cover their wage bill, which rose from £58.4m in 2011/12 to £78m last season.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...s-higher-than-German-giants-Borussia-Dortmund
Not sure why they need a big picture of Redknapp in the 'article' - he's not in charge of the club's finances.

Yes, he's only in charge of signing 75 players on Prem wages. Poor soul, he done nuffink wrong, guv. Rosie signed them!

Does it not strike you as odd that the pattern is rather similar in most clubs he goes to?

2Comments
redknapp.gif-463463.jpg

They deserve to stay down.

Not sure why they need a big picture of Redknapp in the 'article' - he's not in charge of the club's finances.
No, but he's sure as hell liable for a lot of it.

Redknapp is perpetually 1-2 signings of over-the-hill Prem players on inflated wages away from gaining promotion/beating the drop/reaching a cup final/finishing 4th/winning the title, in that order. Rarely seems to work out; I'm not upset that Spurs tried to move on without him.

Last edited:
Yes, he's only in charge of signing 75 players on Prem wages. Poor soul, he done nuffink wrong, guv. Rosie signed them!

Does it not strike you as odd that the pattern is rather similar in most clubs he goes to?
If the chairmen of those clubs would have said 'no', then he wouldn't have been able to sign them. As a manager, if he gets the go ahead to sign a target then he should go for it! Was David O'Leary the reason why Leeds were riddled with debt? No, the men running the club allowed him to sign players on huge wages!

QPR weren't in the best of financial states when Redknapp took over anyway - Jose Bosingwa was signed before he arrived and he was on £80k a week!

Last edited:
I also think it's no coincidence that the secret to Harry Redknapp being a good manager was having Daniel Levy looking over him.

I mean, the guy has a widely publicised court case where he even admits himself he's hopeless at money, adding and writing, yet has been a DoF before and is allowed to collect players like they're Merlin Stickers

(edit: have a vision now of Harry looking at the match programme at a home game going "got,got,got,got,got,got,got,got,got,got,got..... .....need,need,need,need,need,need,need,need,need,need,need")

Agree with Park Lane James Park Lane James . The idea that this is somehow Redknapp's fault is nonsense. Just because half of you can't stand him, it doesn't mean he's to blame for QPR's debt. The absurd squad they had last year was an inheritance. He had no involvement over the silly wages or the players signed. Any players signed since have been done so with the authority of the owners, which is where the financial buck stops. Not at the manager's door.

I had this argument yesterday with someone Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon . They were saying he has to take the blame, and I was saying, whilst I'm not his biggest fan, it's not his responsibility.

If the board of QPR give him the money to spend, they can't then hold him responsible if they make huge losses. They signed the deals off. They signed the accounts off. They passed the fit and proper person tests. Poor ole arry cant even read nor rite pwop innot. So, how can they blame him now for posting huge losses?

As a side note I read today that the team sat 2nd in the Championship, Burnley's turnover is one fifth of QPR's wage bill. Now that is frightening.

Agree with Park Lane James Park Lane James . The idea that this is somehow Redknapp's fault is nonsense. Just because half of you can't stand him, it doesn't mean he's to blame for QPR's debt. The absurd squad they had last year was an inheritance. He had no involvement over the silly wages or the players signed. Any players signed since have been done so with the authority of the owners, which is where the financial buck stops. Not at the manager's door.
Exactly. The job of the gaffer is to manage the football team, and to oversee the integration of youth academy products into the first team (amongst many other things). Nowhere in his job description will it say that he's in charge of the club's financial well-being.

I'm not the biggest fan of Redknapp, but people need to take their blinkers off when looking at this QPR fiasco. The seeds for financial ruin were there long before QPR turned up *cough* Briatore *cough*

He is responsible for Remy and Samba out of those mentioned... I can't imagine Nico, Jenas, Dunne, Barton etc being there on the cheap. Administration if they don't come up?

BUT the thing is they were signing players for big money before he arrived so its not down to him is it.

Back
Top Bottom