Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wouldn't suprise me if he ends up at West Ham, a slight improvement over Noble (33).

He would fit well at a club like that. His effort would over shadow his lack of ability and his passing would not stand out so much when nobody can pass and the fans don't expect their players to make positive plays.

If he was American I don’t think he would even get selected for the USMNT.
Give it a rest.

how many American midfielders have started every game of a CL run to a final? Winks has started in wins against city, ajax, madrid, dortmund. He's not a world beater but the USMNT is an absolute shit show.

I am American myself and find it bizarre you think this. if he can make the England squad, he can definitely play alongside Tanner Bloomington and Chad Bradley

Sadly I don't really know what this lad brings to the team anymore.

He slows play down and more often than not goes sideways or backwards. He isn't really a DM so we need a bit more creativity from him, Needs to be providing regular assists and the odd goal.

Not sure he's good enough, certainly not on this seasons performances.

Sadly I don't really know what this lad brings to the team anymore.

He slows play down and more often than not goes sideways or backwards. He isn't really a DM so we need a bit more creativity from him, Needs to be providing regular assists and the odd goal.

Not sure he's good enough, certainly not on this seasons performances.
Good enough to be a squad back up, homegrown and has shown that we can win against top teams with him in the side.

Too good for champo, I see Winks as a squad player. Somebody to bring on if we suffer an injury who is rock solid and will steady the ship. Especially to protect a lead and to replace a more attacking midfielder.

He has had some brilliant games for us but like Eriksen he seems to rely heavily on confidence.

He seems to have a good footballing brain so I don't know why we haven't sat him down in a classroom and taught him how to be a CDM like we did with Dier. Of whom Winks is a far more talented player. He seems to hover around the position but hasn't made it his own.

If he was American I don’t think he would even get selected for the USMNT.

If he was American there would be an online army of whiners complaining about how he wasn't starting each and every game, why he wasn't included in the team of the year, that he needs a move to RM to show what he can really do and have every single little thing he did wrong explained away as someone else's fault.

There is nobody that overrates their players more than USMNT fans or US soccer media.

Back
Top Bottom