Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't much care for watching England anymore but I gave it 20 minutes last night.
I saw Winks strolling around the middle. No one passed it to him. He didn't go and win the ball. He didn't actually touch it once in the period I watched it.

Utterly pointless.

You missed him set up a goal, and then win back the ball which led to the second goal. He was fine.

You missed him set up a goal, and then win back the ball which led to the second goal. He was fine.
I missed most of it. I didn't hide that fact.

I'll put stats into context for you though.
I once played as a ringer for a Saturday team. They/we got beat 10-1
I got the 1.
I am fucking useless at football.

Just because he got an assist, lets not all assume he's back on the path to glory. Ireland are shit. I saw Keane rippping into them after the game. They barely touched the ball in the time I was watching it and most of the England players were fringe at best. Championship teams would have been better.

I got the 1.

Just because he got an assist, lets not all assume he's back on the path to glory. Ireland are shit. I saw Keane rippping into them after the game. They barely touched the ball in the time I was watching it and most of the England players were fringe at best. Championship teams would have been better.

Why bother critiquing a performance, the majority of which, you didn't see?????

I got the 1.

At this point any left over winks love is just clutching at straws. I hope other clubs are stupid enough to use these England games as a reason to buy Winks.

Altough Ireland are really bad, so were the teams he played in Europa League and got owned. He did ok I think, intercepted lots of balls and got an assist. Said that I saw the same problems as ever in him, too slow on the ball and so much backwards and sideways passes. He still needs to improve a lot.

Oh brother, Winks cultists are at it again, he could have another string of shit games in the prem but all we'll hear is "b,b,but he played well in a friendly against Ireland!"

This is some heavy duty coping.

Oh brother, Winks cultists are at it again, he could have another string of shit games in the prem but all we'll hear is "b,b,but he played well in a friendly against Ireland!"

This is some heavy duty coping.

There's nothing to "cope" with....

When the comms were intermittently praising him last night, were they "coping" too?

It is seriously tough for some to sit back and see their un-favourites get minor praise isn't it. :pochrolleyes:

One decent game in an international friendly does not make up for string of shit.

Nevertheless the Winks defense force will jump into this thread and try and argue for his continued existence at Spurs anyways.

You're avoiding the question(s) and being childish (and cultish!) in the process......

You're taking umbrage with a "decent game" being acknowledged.

You're avoiding the question(s) and being childish (and cultish!) in the process......

You're taking umbrage with a "decent game" being acknowledged.
Questions, what questions?

It's a simple truth that Winks needs much more than one decent friendly against Ireland to gain any reputation that he's even a semi good player.

Back
Top Bottom