Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it takes Nuno that long to figure out who is shit then he’ll be out of a job come October. Surely his seem all these players in the PL past 3 season to know what that are capable of or not?
Maybe, took Mourino and Poch over a year to be fair, in fact one of the reasons Poch went was because he stuck with dumb and dumber in MF.

hopefully Nuno still speaks to Jose and his cronies to get the lowdown

I don’t care if he’s sacked - but it’s another season written off again. Let’s pull the rug and loan these wastrels so he can’t play them

The fact he has a squad number is a massive failure.

He should be told he has no future here, dropped from all first team squads and told to find another club ASAP.
giphy.gif

I think that my piss take of a season prediction that he would play 30 PL games now seems more and more likely 🥶🥶
He's like a cockroach, survives absolutely everything. If this manager has any faith in him, he'll go the same way as the last 3.

What is Paratici playing at letting this rodent survive the transfer window? I don't care who we sign if Winks and Sissoko are still here in September we're fucked. Talk about sending a signal that mediocrity is accepted to the dressing-room, that will be the biggest one possible.

He's like a cockroach, survives absolutely everything. If this manager has any faith in him, he'll go the same way as the last 3.

What is Paratici playing at letting this rodent survive the transfer window? I don't care who we sign if Winks and Sissoko are still here in September we're fucked. Talk about sending a signal that mediocrity is accepted to the dressing-room, that will be the biggest one possible.
'rodent' ?

Fucking hell, calm down.

I think he is in need of a good coach. He did well under Poch and was progressing but like a few other players has fallen back. There is a good (but not excellent) PL player there.
Any coach under the sun can see how elementary it is for someone of his position to basically let a player dribble past him after a half assed challenge and then give up. Where Winks is at how on earth can a coach show him that it's unacceptable?

spot on! i dont think people understand how damaging it is just having him around and at training, like you say it sends a message that mediocrity is ok, while dragging standards down drastically at training.

he is not a premier league midfidler! hes not going to want to leave because hes on 50k a week and his only way is down from here. we should be trying to loan him out at the very least just to get him away from the squad so we dont have to suffer his incompetence.

the fact hes just content here and wont challenge himself to be better elsewhere is alarming
He has no ambition, he knows he won the lottery when he got his current contract. He's happy as a pig in shit here. The problem is he's so useless, nobody in their right mind will pay anything for him so Levy would rather keep him here and pay his wages than give him away. Then people wonder why we've gone backwards when it's blatantly obvious that if you tolerate mediocrity you'll get that on the pitch.

To be successful you have to be brutal with footballers, you're either good enough or you're out. There is no middle ground. Winks plays like a coward because that's exactly what we've allowed him to get away with being.

He has no ambition, he knows he won the lottery when he got his current contract. He's happy as a pig in shit here. The problem is he's so useless, nobody in their right mind will pay anything for him so Levy would rather keep him here and pay his wages than give him away. Then people wonder why we've gone backwards when it's blatantly obvious that if you tolerate mediocrity you'll get that on the pitch.

To be successful you have to be brutal with footballers, you're either good enough or you're out. There is no middle ground. Winks plays like a coward because that's exactly what we've allowed him to get away with being.
cant we just loan him to enfield town or something, he can be the boot cleaner

What's your view on Dele?

What's your view on Dele?
In terms of performance similar, either he delivers or get him out of here. The thing he has in his favour is he did at one point hit a peak level that was light years ahead of anything Winks has attained. He has a higher ceiling in terms of potential. But i want to see something from him this season or i'd be moving him out as well.

Winks on the other hand is a totally lost cause IMO. Keeping a player who will never be good enough is totally pointless and just drags down levels. I'll guarantee you certain other players here look at Winks and think if he can get away with being that bad and get a nice fat contract why can't we?

Back
Top Bottom