Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

like bringing a little boy on whos scared to get on the ball. why not bring a youth player on instead? what is the argument for using winks over a promising kid? theres no way the kid can be any fucking worse is there
Wow 😯 you got a kiss from the Forum Girls Blouse

I don't get why anyone would blame him for yesterday. I do understand why people question what the hell he was doing on the pitch in the first place. Winks isn't an impact sub. He's just cheap polyfilla. Why not give Harvey White a run out?

He doesn't put his body on the line for a tackle. Nearly every goal we concede he is on the edge of the scrum or box waving his arms about. He doesn't sprint back to throw his head at a goal line clearance.

Blimey I wrote this ages ago.

No point blaming Winks. Conte knew that taking off Benta who was having a stinker would make us weaker defensively.

I'd like to think perhaps now he'll see what 99% of the fans see but I won't hold my breath. Winks simply can't play in a midfield 2. It is far too important a role to carry a passenger.

I don't get why anyone would blame him for yesterday. I do understand why people question what the hell he was doing on the pitch in the first place. Winks isn't an impact sub. He's just cheap polyfilla. Why not give Harvey White a run out?
I said that as well. It’s conte who basically only “trusts” a handful of players for some reason. If winks coming is going to offer in any impact on the game either offensively or in defending then why not try Harvey? The outcome may or may not be any better than winks coming on. Nothing to lose. Conte hardly plays anyone bar the same 14/15 players. Hence why Rodon gets no minutes at all.

Back
Top Bottom