Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So? That’s not his role. There are far more compelling reasons why he shouldn’t be anywhere near our squad…. Low goal return is way down the list. Being shit at football is at the top

Does anyone know what he excels in? He's not a goalscorer/creative midfielder, he offers about as much as Eriksen did defensively and his (sideways and backwards) passes often lead to losses in possession.

He's been here 6 years and Tottenham boy or not, we are not a charity. If he wants the best for us he should move on at the first opportunity.

Does anyone know what he excels in? He's not a goalscorer/creative midfielder, he offers about as much as Eriksen did defensively and his (sideways and backwards) passes often lead to losses in possession.

He's been here 6 years and Tottenham boy or not, we are not a charity. If he wants the best for us he should move on at the first opportunity.
Eriksen offered a lot more defensively - his hard work off the ball and pressing was v good and levels above this fraud

I think Winks behaves like a diva, that's the impression he gives me and someone that should have been shipped out a long time ago, thinks he is better than he is and clearly can't handle criticism.

Some of the best footballers in the world get digged out online and at games every single week, is it right? No probably not, especially the nasty stuff people can say at times, however it does happen, it's part of sports sadly.

The difference is, the best footballers take it in their stride and answer the critics with performances.

Since he can't do that because he doesn't have the talent or the drive to do so, he just behaves like a brat and blames everyone else.

Poch was a safety net for players like Winks, how he keeps convincing managers to keep him around I don't know.

I think Winks behaves like a diva, that's the impression he gives me and someone that should have been shipped out a long time ago, thinks he is better than he is and clearly can't handle criticism.

Some of the best footballers in the world get digged out online and at games every single week, is it right? No probably not, especially the nasty stuff people can say at times, however it does happen, it's part of sports sadly.

The difference is, the best footballers take it in their stride and answer the critics with performances.

Since he can't do that because he doesn't have the talent or the drive to do so, he just behaves like a brat and blames everyone else.

Poch was a safety net for players like Winks, how he keeps convincing managers to keep him around I don't know.
i wouldnt mind him at all if he at least worked on his game and adapted, but its the same every game comes on passes side and back and puts more danger on tthe side

i wouldnt mind him at all if he at least worked on his game and adapted, but its the same every game comes on passes side and back and puts more danger on tthe side
Within 5 mins of coming on in that game, he had a major slip that led to Brighton being in on goal and he was not fit enough to track back after the player, it's one thing not having the talent but I don't think he puts the hard yards in either, that's the annoying part for me.

Guys like Winks peak, get to the top of the mountain and then stop climbing, the ones that really succeed in life and sports are the ones that understand when you get to the top of the mountain, it just means you're starting at the bottom of another one, so you have to keep climbing.

It's the difference between winners and people who just settle for what they have.

He’s wank but it’s old news now. We know his limitations. So should Conte. He should be nowhere near the first team and it’s not Winks’ fault he was selected. The best thing for both parties is for him to find a new club in the summer and start playing regular football.

The fact that he’s managed to survive so long at the club is astonishing. I have no ill-will towards him, some of the abuse he gets on social media is mad. I’m sure he tries very hard in training and if that’s true then good on him, Ndombele didn’t give a toss. I’d rather have Winks here who tries over a very talented but lazy fat cunt. With that being said though, he’s not at this level. If he could get picked up by a team near the bottom of the table or by a team coming up for the Championship then he has done well. Championship is probably his level if we’re being honest.

He’s wank but it’s old news now. We know his limitations. So should Conte. He should be nowhere near the first team and it’s not Winks’ fault he was selected. The best thing for both parties is for him to find a new club in the summer and start playing regular football.

The fact that he’s managed to survive so long at the club is astonishing. I have no ill-will towards him, some of the abuse he gets on social media is mad. I’m sure he tries very hard in training and if that’s true then good on him, Ndombele didn’t give a toss. I’d rather have Winks here who tries over a very talented but lazy fat cunt. With that being said though, he’s not at this level. If he could get picked up by a team near the bottom of the table or by a team coming up for the Championship then he has done well. Championship is probably his level if we’re being honest.
I do wonder if there's a parallel universe where he didn't get the freak injury at Burnley and turned out better, but you're mostly right.

Can't stand the vitriol some players get on social media. Winks isn't good enough for our midfield, but there's no reason to throw hate his way - Levy and co not improving the squad and seeing him go to another club is the real reason we are where we are.

For his own sake, I hope he finally moves on this summer. I bet he's gagging to actually play, and he'll likely perform better starting week in and week out.

No other manager in their right mind would have him is your answer

I do wonder if there's a parallel universe where he didn't get the freak injury at Burnley and turned out better, but you're mostly right.

Can't stand the vitriol some players get on social media. Winks isn't good enough for our midfield, but there's no reason to throw hate his way - Levy and co not improving the squad and seeing him go to another club is the real reason we are where we are.

For his own sake, I hope he finally moves on this summer. I bet he's gagging to actually play, and he'll likely perform better starting week in and week out.
In the lower Champo yes

It's not nice saying this, because he's a fan too.
But he's the worst player we use. End of.
If genuinely prefer to give a kid a chance and I'm never usually fond of that idea.

He came on against Brighton. I said to chap next to me "do I watch 18 minutes of Winks and the inevitable loss, or try and get to my inlaws early"
Both evil.
Guy further down the isle sat there with his head in his hands.
That's Winks and what he does.

Back
Top Bottom